Why become a member? ×

Are Cog Effects still a going concern?

BillyBass

14 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Swap it for a Star Wars one? 😉

Touché! I’m waiting on a couple of mystery Star Wars pedals I ordered way back (the last update was late December saying they’d be in their way soon), then the Star Wars board should see the light of day! It’s still missing functionality like a compressor and a delay but I’m hoping it won’t be bad for a themed board. If anyone has any more Star Wars pedals I’d love to know! Thanks to @lee650 for getting me started and those who’ve helped!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

Touché! I’m waiting on a couple of mystery Star Wars pedals I ordered way back (the last update was late December saying they’d be in their way soon), then the Star Wars board should see the light of day! It’s still missing functionality like a compressor and a delay but I’m hoping it won’t be bad for a themed board. If anyone has any more Star Wars pedals I’d love to know! Thanks to @lee650 for getting me started and those who’ve helped!

For me, this is peak Star Wars (without any actual Star Wars imagery):

https://www.udo-audio.com/products

27 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

I now want to build a pedal called bad motivator unit 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LukeFRC said:

In other news - those R1s are available and while not my thing, look great! 

R-1s are great! I’m surprised they’ve lasted this long to be honest. Playing them is like playing the angriest synth in the world.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

I’ve posted a wanted ad in the classifieds for a T-70 v2. I imagine anyone who goes on that thread regularly is sick of seeing me post about a T-70 but I’ve been on a mission to play as many of Tom’s fantastic pedals as I can over the last few years and that is the one left that I would really love to try.

If anybody has one and would be willing to at least have a conversation about parting with it, I’d love to chat. I can’t offer trades in the wanted ads I don’t think but, in case I’m allowed to say such things here, I’ve got a few rare bits that may be of interest if you’re not looking to sell it.

Basschat has been an incredible place to help with my COG journey so thank you to those that have helped. Here’s a picture of where the collection got to last week. I’m also waiting for one more Star Wars pedal before I can finally make that board.

IMG_4384.thumb.jpeg.166ba48c4134cefae9c813d6c8520b45.jpeg

Cheers all (and thanks Tom!)!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, admiralchew said:

Hi all,

I’ve posted a wanted ad in the classifieds for a T-70 v2. I imagine anyone who goes on that thread regularly is sick of seeing me post about a T-70 but I’ve been on a mission to play as many of Tom’s fantastic pedals as I can over the last few years and that is the one left that I would really love to try.

If anybody has one and would be willing to at least have a conversation about parting with it, I’d love to chat. I can’t offer trades in the wanted ads I don’t think but, in case I’m allowed to say such things here, I’ve got a few rare bits that may be of interest if you’re not looking to sell it.

Basschat has been an incredible place to help with my COG journey so thank you to those that have helped. Here’s a picture of where the collection got to last week. I’m also waiting for one more Star Wars pedal before I can finally make that board.

Bloody hell!😱 That is quite the collection! You need to get that made into a big poster!

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

@admiralchew so it wasn’t you who bought Tom’s The Terminator a few years ago then. 

Sadly not! I think I saw a Terminator-themed pedal being sold in Ireland but I think that sold just as I was starting the COG journey. I hope whoever has it is really enjoying it though because it looked amazing!

7 hours ago, admiralchew said:

Hi all,

Still need a v1 T-16 too by the looks of it. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Still need a v1 T-16 too by the looks of it. 

Very true. I've been concentrating on getting the most up-to-date version of each and trying to replicate the shop page of the COG website for much of the last few years. At this point, I think I've played just about everything I was hoping to (and more!) but would be very keen to try a T-70 v2.

13 minutes ago, Lunoxx said:

What's actually the difference between T-70 v1 and v2?

To be quite honest, I don't know beyond the slightly different looks (I consider version 1 as being the unit with the webbing-like finish and version 2 as having the smoother graphics in use immediately before the latest monochrome models). I'm not sure whether there is a difference in the circuit. I think there was a question about whether v1 may have a v1 T-16 octave, which was a little different to the v2 T-16 but I'm not aware of having seen an answer. I'd love to play either type. I would absolutely love to have a v2 model though to complete the set of COG pedals in the immediately pre-monochrome finish though (as you can probably guess, I'm a bit of a completist - I have an R-1 on the way and at this point it's probably best for me to try to forget there are Rogue Ones floating around as well).