Why become a member? ×

SOLD:::Spector Euro 4LX Gloss Black LTD Edition
£1300
FIFE

Dov65

Since picking up another Jazz bass this here Spector's been neglected. It's in immaculate condition. UK only please. Original NS curved body in Alder, Maple. 3 pc Maple neck + graphite rods for additional strength. Rosewood board with mother of pearl crown inlays & brass nut. 24 frets 34" scale 16" radius. EMG P + J pickups with Spector Tone Pump & Trim Pot. Comes with gig bag...Not really interested in trades unless you have a Fender Flea 11 with the MM pickup and it has to be immaculate..just fussy s'pose. Willing to post at cost..i've got some good feedback on here..cheers for looking

20200531_134140.jpg

20200531_134146.jpg

20200531_134150.jpg

20200531_134204.jpg

20200531_134209.jpg

20200531_134239.jpg

20200531_134530.jpg

20200531_134546.jpg

20200531_134852.jpg

Edited by Dov65
  • Like 6

Going by the serial number on headstock the serial number NB15 production started late 2018, i can send you via DM receipt details....just don't want to put it up on here with all my info on it.

Very nice! 

Is it the chrome hardware that makes this a limited edition?

Also it might have full maple for the wings as they used maple wings solid black and white colored Euros lately.

(I have a quite recent white Euro 4 and although it was advertised as a maple/walnut/alder in reality it does have maple wings. )

Anyway, good luck with the sale!

• Thanks 1

I think it is LTD as it is one of the last available Euro LX in black with chrome hardware and solid maple wings. The latest LXs come in black cherry, trans black stain, poplar burl natural and black&blue.

The new Euro 4 Classic comes in solid black but with weight-relieved maple wings, gold hardware and the EMG BTS preamp instead of the Tonepump.

BD had the LTDs in black and white (4-string and 5-string). They all sold very quickly 🙂   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dov65 said:

Truthfully m8 i don't know why its LTD maybe some Spector guru could tell but here's original add

My Spector Euro is also from bassdirect and they told me the body is alder/maple but turned out it's full maple. (removed the battery compartment inside where the wood is unshielded / unpainted and it was clear upon inspection that the wing is one piece, not three) You might want to check out as this could be potentionally important info for some people - it was certainly so for me as part of the Spector heritage is the maple wings. I quite like the chrome hardware and piano black color, one day I will get a 35" version to match my white 435. 

Again, you have a beautiful and great sounding bass for sale and whoever ends up getting this will surely be satisfied.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Paulhauser said:

My Spector Euro is also from bassdirect and they told me the body is alder/maple but turned out it's full maple. (removed the battery compartment inside where the wood is unshielded / unpainted and it was clear upon inspection that the wing is one piece, not three) You might want to check out as this could be potentionally important info for some people - it was certainly so for me as part of the Spector heritage is the maple wings. I quite like the chrome hardware and piano black color, one day I will get a 35" version to match my white 435. 

Again, you have a beautiful and great sounding bass for sale and whoever ends up getting this will surely be satisfied.

I am quite confident that this Euro LTD has solid maple wings. Thomann and Sweetwater have them in stock (black gloss and chrome hardware) and it says "Body: Maple" (Thomann) and "Body Material: North American Maple" (Sweetwater). Sweetwater also has a table that shows that this bass is the only Euro with maple only. The others all have alder bodies and maple/poplar burl tops. 

https://www.thomann.de/gb/spector_euro_lx_4_sbg.htm?sid=46dba6a2be90dc251a0ba00394f8bf49

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EURO4BK--spector-euro4-solid-black-gloss

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dov65 said:

£800 quid saving on Thomann price..not true what they say about the jocks

Yes, whoever buys your bass will bag him/herself a great bargain. Very, very tempting (could complement my white Euro) but I really need to get myself a Euro with either the EMG TW soapbar pickups or the Fishman Fluence ones (the Rudy Sarzo model coming in summer/autumn), so that I can replace the neck pickup with the Mike Inez FF Legacy pickup. Have to resist 😎

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Hahaha. Do you have some more advice? I already tried that one with my wife. Did not work though 😉

Easy, don't ask permission. Just do it.... lol!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dov65 said:

First Euro i've had so can't judge really..would look smashing hanging aside your CK tho

DONT!!! 

how does it compare to the CK?? 

id love a black spector, but it’s a tough sell at the moment, considering how many I have lol

7 hours ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Yes, whoever buys your bass will bag him/herself a great bargain. Very, very tempting (could complement my white Euro) but I really need to get myself a Euro with either the EMG TW soapbar pickups or the Fishman Fluence ones (the Rudy Sarzo model coming in summer/autumn), so that I can replace the neck pickup with the Mike Inez FF Legacy pickup. Have to resist 😎

I have just put emg tw’s in my rebop and can’t wait to try the mike Inez fluence!!