Why become a member? ×

NS design WAV4 EUB!!!

lee650

Hi everyone!
After a lot of wrangling with myself ive finally decided to put up for sale my NS WAV4 EUB , i bought this brand new from Promenade music in morcombe a couple of years ago with the intention of learning to play it and use it in the Amateur shows that i do. Unfortunately ive never had the time or the patience to get my head round it, im fine just mucking about with it but when ive got to sightread im nowhere :) as a result its spent the last couple of years stuck in its case ive not really used it that much, as such i think its a bit of a waste its sat there doing nothing while my electrics go out to play someone should be playing this and ive my eye on ashgeezers precision.
it's the Amberburst model in practically new condition, beech body with an ebony fingerboard, an a piezo pickup with a switch for arco or pizzicato giving it either a big sounding fretless electric sound or a woody thump with no sustain for a more traditional tone, i got quite lucky with this as it came with the same stand found on the more expensive CRM models as i think there was a fault with the original one and gary from promenade got the distributers to send an upgraded one.
Im looking for £500 for this as its hardly been used, or will px for a mij precision and a bit of cash, i would prefer collection for this due tothe size and the fact it only comes with a soft gig bag, but will send (buyer to pay half delivery)) very well packed if need be. PM if youve any questions.(this is now sold)

[attachment=21679:P9070017.JPG][attachment=21680:P9070018.JPG][attachment=21681:P9070019.JPG][attach
ment=21682:P9070020.JPG][attachment=21683:P9070021.JPG]

thanks for looking -lee

Edited by lee650

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='429032' date='Mar 9 2009, 07:59 AM']I really fancy this, and may have sold my Epi head, so you never know, anyway have a bump from me.[/quote]

Thats really nice! is the action low or is it like a double bass?

rich.

ALL PM,s replied
in answer to you questions, the action is really low, and the strings are quite light gauge for an upright instrument, it does have the full scale (not sure i think 42", im sure someone will clarify, its longer than my electrics) it is a great way for an electric player to get a bit nearer that sound (note it doesnt sound like the real thing, none of them do) but it can get close with a bit of creative fiddling, ido regret selling this but i need some cash to replace the horrible wardrobe in the picture in my daughters room, and yes she is too small to play it for me HA HA.
+ ive reaalllly got to have a precision bass and noone wants my warwick :) have a great week everybody - lee