Left leaderboard

Hi everyone. Hoping someone can give me some advice.

Looking an Interface to record bass through GarageBand on my iPhone/ IPad over guitar parts received from a friend.

I was looking at the Focusrite Itrack Solo - is this suitable, or is there a better alternative around a similar price?

Thanks in advance for you input.

Wayne

Thanks. Are there any issues with latency? I think I read that somewhere previously, but then maybe it was the cheaper version.

I’ve used a few in the focusrite range, they are all good, the iTrack One Pre is very very cool, nowt wrong with an iRig HD either

Yes, I think I have narrowed it down to one of the following:

Focusrite Itrack Solo £109

iRig Pro I/O £111

Apogee Jam+ £149

I am just deciding whether to go with an IPad or MacBook from curry’s.

If you want to get into Logic Pro Macbook

If you want only GB - ipad - loads you can still do.

They are so powerful now that it’s practically a computer - also depends on personal computing needs and whether you should add a magic pad / keypad to it.

If you can get both - amazing as you can use your iPad as a control for logic on your MacBook and also have things like synth key apps to pop into logic

I’m not an expert, but I bought on iTrack Solo for my son. Works great on iPhone, and can also be used on a laptop. Sounds fine to me, good set of features for the money. Bear in mind if used with iPhone or iPad then it needs external power from a USB charger - it takes its power from the laptop though if you’re using it that way. 

3B867823-0E4B-4D81-B395-01673ADD0C7E.jpeg.ba4021f5e340943ae8b94cb9877d5c41.jpeg

this has improved my recording life immeasurably...

Just a lovely item. 

Although - thinking on, I wish I’d got one with an xlr  mic in for recording acoustic...this can be circumnavigated...

It is ace.

• Like 1

If you are spending £150 quid on an interface, you may as well get an HX Stomp which can act as the interface AND gives you loads of great sounds..... only another £300..... go on... treat yourself..... you know it makes sense !!!

Ha I wish! Thanks for the gentle persuasion though! 
 I think it’s either the Focusrite Itrack Solo or the Apogee Jam+. 
The iRig 2 HD has some bad reviews regarding latency.

5 minutes ago, Gully35 said:

Ha I wish! Thanks for the gentle persuasion though! 
 I think it’s either the Focusrite Itrack Solo or the Apogee Jam+. 
The iRig 2 HD has some bad reviews regarding latency.

The jam+ can be left with latency (why you’d choose that...🤷🏻‍♂️)  or you can select zero latency. 

makes life so easy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.