Jump to content
sshorepunk

3 leaf GR vs Wonderlove

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

3 leaf audio filters, whats the difference between the groove regulator and wonderlove

I know there was an earlier wonderlove and then the mk2, which I had and didn't really get on with? I know the mk2 added expression pedal control

Is it just evolution of this filter by 3 leaf?

And three versions of the Proton!

 

Just curious

Thanks

Tony

Edited by sshorepunk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a clue.

But what you are looking for is the Source Audio Spectrum Intelligent Filter.

Does the Meatball thing, the Mutron thing, the every thing you could imagine.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or for an extra £40 odd get the C4 and have all that plus an incredible synth pedal too! Or get them both! ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/05/2020 at 09:46, sshorepunk said:

3 leaf audio filters, whats the difference between the groove regulator and wonderlove

I know there was an earlier wonderlove and then the mk2, which I had and didn't really get on with? I know the mk2 added expression pedal control

Is it just evolution of this filter by 3 leaf?

And three versions of the Proton!

 

Just curious

Thanks

Tony

I'm a big fan of the Groove Regulator (first one - there was a GR2 also I think?). I think each subsequent model added more knobs and options but for my money it got harder to dial in a sound. Thats just my experience. I run mine mainly with an OC2 before it for squelchy synth sounds and they play great together. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I've owned the 3Leaf GR2 for about three years now' & its just a great sounding' filter.  I've had V2 Proton & V2 Wonderlove.... (Neither come close).  The GR2 is highly sought after & they rarely come up for sale'  If so they command high prices £££                                                                                      For a pristine example in its original box in excess of £ 225.00   & in my estimation they are worth it.. Fat'& Funky.. Squelchy Vowel like envelope sounds' achieved with minimal tweaking'  Extremely Versitile ...  All in all  a tremendous pedal. 

Edited by paulo m
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, paulo m said:

I've owned the 3Leaf GR2 for about three years now' & its just a great sounding' filter.  I've had V2 Proton & V2 Wonderlove.... (Neither come close).  The GR2 is highly sought after & they rarely come up for sale'  If so they command high prices £££                                                                                      For a pristine example in its original box in excess of £ 225.00   & in my estimation they are worth it.. Fat'& Funky.. Squelchy Vowel like envelope sounds' achieved with minimal tweaking...  All in all  a tremendous pedal. 

+1^^

Very versatile and great sounding "squelch" on both up and down sweep. The new Proton (2020) is a more compact and quicker to dial in successor, and pretty darned good! But it comes with a hefty price tag. The 3Leaf gear is all analogue.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a used groove regulator, I assume it came before the GR2? 
much difference?

was thinking about the intelligent filter, now C4 has my attention 

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Groove Regulator was the first filter & the GR2  has various upgrades  including internal dip switches.. &  Wet & dry function  blend ability... Of course there are many filters on the market' its all subjective'  Checkout the American Talkbass site for the Gr2s reputation among fellow bassists.... Its a winner!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, sshorepunk said:

I saw a used groove regulator, I assume it came before the GR2? 
much difference?

was thinking about the intelligent filter, now C4 has my attention 

Tony

@dodge_bass who commented above has had both and mentioned in his post that he preferred the GR over the GR2 (in fact I have his former GR2!) as he found it easier to dial in his sound. 

Quite a few fans of the C4 on BC (I don't have one myself) I'm sure you'll have fun with that digital pedal. Be prepared to get your PC out for patch editing though - I'm afraid that's the bit where it leaves me cold!

Edited by Al Krow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/05/2020 at 17:03, Al Krow said:

@dodge_bass who commented above has had both and mentioned in his post that he preferred the GR over the GR2 (in fact I have his former GR2!) as he found it easier to dial in his sound. 

Quite a few fans of the C4 on BC (I don't have one myself) I'm sure you'll have fun with that digital pedal. Be prepared to get your PC out for patch editing though - I'm afraid that's the bit where it leaves me cold!

You don’t necessarily need to get a PC out to edit patches (though it’s easier) as it can be done with an iOS or Android device plugged into the second input. You can easily add and access other user presets that way too. Or you can simply use the knobs to tweak the six button-accessible presets and never use an editor. The Spectrum is arguably better for that as all four knobs have dual functions whereas two of the C4’s knobs only have a single function. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

You don’t necessarily need to get a PC out to edit patches (though it’s easier) as it can be done with an iOS or Android device plugged into the second input. You can easily add and access other user presets that way too. Or you can simply use the knobs to tweak the six button-accessible presets and never use an editor. The Spectrum is arguably better for that as all four knobs have dual functions whereas two of the C4’s knobs only have a single function. 

I'm with Al on this one .

The thought of faffing about with a PC or laptop just turns me off . I also don't own a smart phone , so some of these synth pedals will have functions that I can't access - and before you think I'm a luddite ; I'd say there's more people like me than you might think .

I've though about the C4 or the FI , but I'd only be using the patches it comes with .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine will arrive tomorrow 

My house number was missing off the shipping label, doh! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...