Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop 1970 Jazz Bass

BossHog

For sale 1 Fender Custom Shop NOS 1970 Jazz Bass.

Immaculate condition with all the case candy and hardware, includes custom Fender case.

I'll post more specific pictures tomorrow but here are a couple for now.......

Oh and it's the one on the right..

£1000.00

[attachment=21407:DSCN0938.JPG]
[attachment=21408:DSCN0939.JPG]
[attachment=21410:DSCN0943.JPG]

Edited by BossHog

[quote name='BossHog' post='424625' date='Mar 3 2009, 10:41 PM']For sale 1 Fender Custom Shop NOS 1970 Jazz Bass.

Immaculate condition with all the case candy and hardware, includes custom Fender case.

I'll post more specific pictures tomorrow but here are a couple for now.......

Oh and it's the one on the right..

£1000.00

[attachment=21407:DSCN0938.JPG]
[attachment=21408:DSCN0939.JPG]
[attachment=21410:DSCN0943.JPG][/quote]

[b]
I WILL HAVE IT PM'D [/b]

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='birdy' post='424855' date='Mar 4 2009, 10:40 AM']Is this the bass that Marcus used to own? If so I owned it for a period and it really is awesome..

Steve[/quote]

And soon to be mine!!!!! Yes! at last a replacement for that sad day many many years ago when i sold a 75 jazz for £500 to the bass center!! been looking for something specail for a long time now.

[quote name='greyparrot' post='424921' date='Mar 4 2009, 11:46 AM']at last a replacement for that sad day many many years ago when i sold a 75 jazz for £500 to the bass center!![/quote]

Swap bass centre for johnny roadhouse and I am very much relating to your sad story. Still... a happy ending for you. :)

[quote name='birdy' post='424855' date='Mar 4 2009, 10:40 AM']Is this the bass that Marcus used to own? If so I owned it for a period and it really is awesome..

Steve[/quote]

Yes Awesome Bass Awesome Price !

[quote name='birdy' post='425898' date='Mar 5 2009, 10:45 AM']Agreed!! complete bargain. One of THE best jazzes around.[/quote]

Don't remind me...... only my determination to get another DB750 stood in the way of me owning this again !!

My God that was quick...

I've ogled from the sidelines with this one including the last time it was sold...I plan one day to get a maple with pearl blocks jazz and this model will be the one. My first bass was a Japanese copy of this type of bass (albeit with black blocks) and I vow one day to have a real one!

Incidentally a while ago I too sold a 1976, rosewood board, pearl blocks and binding Fender J for 400 quid through Andy's. It sounded great but weighed about 2 tonnes so I'm not too regretful...

C

[quote name='Cairobill' post='426451' date='Mar 5 2009, 05:02 PM']My God that was quick...

I've ogled from the sidelines with this one including the last time it was sold...I plan one day to get a maple with pearl blocks jazz and this model will be the one. My first bass was a Japanese copy of this type of bass (albeit with black blocks) and I vow one day to have a real one!

Incidentally a while ago I too sold a 1976, rosewood board, pearl blocks and binding Fender J for 400 quid through Andy's. It sounded great but weighed about 2 tonnes so I'm not too regretful...

C[/quote]
I missed this one by a whisker,you got yourself a cracking buy there greyparrot! If you ever decide to sell it pm me!!!

Edited by mickd

[quote name='mickd' post='426494' date='Mar 5 2009, 05:31 PM']I missed this one by a whisker,you got yourself a cracking buy there greyparrot! If you ever decide to sell it pm me!!![/quote]

I have the bass now, and i have to say, boss hog is a cool guy, good to meet you. Well what can i say a steal, and amazing bass, and so happy. I guess i was there at the right time, apparently he had 3 pm 's all in the space of 2 mins or something. I could not hang around on it and as soon as i saw it, i was possed! Then my fear was jeez this is too cheap he will pull it. Nope he called as said, and net half way yesterday. and if needed be i would have drove to new castle to get it! Well im very very happy, this sounds wonderful, and looks 1000 000 $ I was looking for something like this for a long time. I guess sometimes you have to act on gut instint, and i did, and im very happy. Even the case and all the bits still in the bags, the certificate as new. Its great.

Edited by greyparrot

[quote name='greyparrot' post='427826' date='Mar 7 2009, 07:59 AM']I have the bass now, and i have to say, boss hog is a cool guy, good to meet you. Well what can i say a steal, and amazing bass, and so happy. I guess i was there at the right time, apparently he had 3 pm 's all in the space of 2 mins or something. I could not hang around on it and as soon as i saw it, i was possed! Then my fear was jeez this is too cheap he will pull it. Nope he called as said, and net half way yesterday. and if needed be i would have drove to new castle to get it! Well im very very happy, this sounds wonderful, and looks 1000 000 $ I was looking for something like this for a long time. I guess sometimes you have to act on gut instint, and i did, and im very happy. Even the case and all the bits still in the bags, the certificate as new. Its great.[/quote]

Thank you Rich, great dealing with you. Top Bloke.

Best

Mick