Why become a member? ×

Wal Street Crash

Bilbo

Really nice Bilbo - all I can say is please post more tunes - this is the place to let off steam!

This tune reminds me of something I recorded a few years ago - also in Cubase before I converted to Macdom - the Afrcan vibe really suit the fretless - and yes the Wal sounds ace.

M

[quote name='Thunderthumbs' post='425101' date='Mar 4 2009, 02:21 PM']Nice. Reminds me of Percy Jones' bass on Brand X "Products".[/quote]

That was kind of what I was hearing too. PJ was an early influence but we are talking 25 years ago and I haven't heard Brand X in 2 decades. I guess, it being a Wal Custom Fretless, it was his (or John Giblin's) bass!! :)

For the record, I have not heard Trip Wamsley. I will look him up tonight (only limited internet access at work).

Edited by bilbo230763

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='425241' date='Mar 4 2009, 04:21 PM']I'm gonna check this out when I get in, and if it's a waste of my time, I'm driving to suffolk to bum you.[/quote]

It's cool!

You still need to bum Bilbo for the naff-jazz song title, but you'll need to give him the reach-around for the music.

[quote name='bilbo230763' post='425239' date='Mar 4 2009, 04:18 PM']For the record, I have not heard Trip Wamsley. I will look him up tonight (only limited internet access at work).[/quote]

He was at Bass Day UK a few years ago and just blew me away. Just really different and eclectic (sp?? hmm whiskey is baaaaad!! Oh sh*t it's a thursday night too!) Anywho, this just reminded me of his fretless playing on a tune I can't remember the name of. Dead good!

Hey Trip Wamsley is great - but I also rather like Jeff Schmidt - yes this is 'extended' solo bass noodliing - but his fretless sound is rather lovely and he's got some great ideas (for a guy who plays his bass back to front and upside down :) )

M

[quote name='urb' post='426947' date='Mar 6 2009, 09:43 AM']Hey Trip Wamsley is great - but I also rather like Jeff Schmidt - yes this is 'extended' solo bass noodliing - but his fretless sound is rather lovely and he's got some great ideas (for a guy who plays his bass back to front and upside down :) )

M[/quote]
Is that the StSanders version?

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='The Funk' post='425285' date='Mar 4 2009, 04:54 PM']

How does the old saying go: a picture is worth a thousand words?[/quote]

Now that CK has sold his black Celinder, I think we should replace the website banner with another appropriate bass-related picture............

I don't think we even need to vote or have a poll on it do we!? :)