Why become a member? ×

Wooten

steve-soar

[quote name='steve-soar' post='487438' date='May 13 2009, 11:25 PM']I started this thread and originally thought, that after seeing this video, I could not see the artist that Victor truly is, shining through, all I could see is a new endorsee, [b]tap dancing for a nickel[/b]. I should have explained this.
I realise that Victor is just earning a living and wish him no ill feelings.[/quote]

Of course VW will not be able to reply to this..
To busy 'tap dancing' for sh*t loads of Nickles.... :)

Garry

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='487655' date='May 14 2009, 10:39 AM']Manring!

Man-ring!

As in a man's ring (piece)!

Gedditt??

Funny ain't it![/quote]

Wouldn't it be good if his folks gave him the first name of Roger?

Carry on.

Edited by The Bass Doc

[quote name='ARGH' post='487663' date='May 14 2009, 10:54 AM']A quantity of people on here..are..not....very..good..musicians...(said at risk)....dont read/wont read types..The 'I cant see the point in 5/6/+ string Basstuned instruments...[/quote]

Oh, so the number of strings you've got is directly proportional to how good a musician you are? I thought it was only related to how small your penis is.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='487775' date='May 14 2009, 12:27 PM']Oh, so the number of strings you've got is directly proportional to how good a musician you are? I thought it was only related to how small your penis is.[/quote]

I read ARGH's post slightly differently. I think its more a dig at people's attitude than ability.

...and my penis is tiny, but I hate anything above a 4 string. Work that one out.

No more penis references please.

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='487742' date='May 14 2009, 12:00 PM']Wouldn't it be good if his [i][Manring's][/i] folks gave him the first name of Roger?

Carry on.[/quote]
Or if he joined the army and became a Captain..?

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='487788' date='May 14 2009, 12:35 PM']I read ARGH's post slightly differently. I think its more a dig at people's attitude than ability.

...and my penis is tiny, but I hate anything above a 4 string. Work that one out.[/quote]
Once again Sean,You are right.

[quote name='BassMunkee' post='487674' date='May 14 2009, 11:02 AM']Hmm...
...#3 - according to whose criteria? Also why is not seeing the point of a bass with more than 4 strings indicative of not being a good musician...?[/quote]

i would argue it shows a lack of appreciation for people going beyond the accepted norm?

(sighs)

Do people need a landing strip?..A floodlit stadium of obviousness??? Another smiley so people (cough..*Mods*..cough...) can actually understand what you write on here...

(Im currantly on a screenwipe marathon..Charlie Brooker is a new god...hense Im in a gittish mood..and thick people can f*** off)

Edited by ARGH

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='487885' date='May 14 2009, 01:43 PM']Your sarcasm-fu is weak. Focus.[/quote]
Look lad..lets level this here....

Ever since you basically implied that anyone that plays in or works in a covers band is a sh*t person/Musician,anyone with better gear than you is the same (its called hard work,effort,and want)and anyone who makes money whilst playing an instrument in a band is a 'breadhead'......You have bemoaned how everything would be perfect if you found a drummer (in defence,Ive winged for a good month or three,over that I couldnt find a band that needed a Bassist,so you have my sympathy on that front)..Claimed that gig life was SOOO better in the USA,enough,I think or if I recall,for OldGit and Rich* Jakesbass and OuttoplayJazz, to effectively say "Why dont you just f*** off back there then"....Slagged off 'Technical' musicians and those that read notation or generally anyone that might be musically more educated or literate or plain more capable than yourself (the mating call of the lesser spotted jealous bastard IME).

I needled you over Grunge (sorry,if you were a Nirvana fan..peace on earth,I just didnt think or feel it was a mindblowing experience to grow up around a bunch of shower avoiding teens that saw feedback and bad sound as a means of original expression,and then spend a miserable half decade plus over Cobains suicide,comparing him to genius when ....he was not!!!..my opinion) You needled me over 'Elitism' and competition' (music ISNT a competition..its just that some want it to be..I dont,nor have ever1)

To top this you have called me 'Dickless',and 'Unbareable Cock',accused me and a few others about the relation of string number to Penis size (oh how we have not heard THAT one before on here...)....and until this point in posting,Ive not actually done the same....

Sticks and stones fella,but its getting f***ing stupid and childish....

Now you either sort it via PM or you sort it here,its getting tiring,for me,and the others reading the threads,and it isnt putting neither you or me in a great light...it aint a popularity contest,its just a footnote to be a man about stuff and clear the air.

*Brilliant moderation there

Edited by ARGH

Actually I've never slagged off anybody for learning about music or being able to read or any other attributes that require commitment and hard work. I only ever turn up when someone makes generalisations that if you don't play prog rock on a 9-string bass then you're a less talented musician and you must by extension hate the people who [i]are[/i] playing prog rock with their giant basses.

I honestly don't mind what other people do with their basses, I don't have to listen to it. The assumption that I'm closed-minded or can't play because I think Wooten's plinky-plonky slap technique sounds like arse does irk me though. Can we not say that something sounds bad if the guy doing it's been on a magazine cover? :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='487935' date='May 14 2009, 02:28 PM']Actually I've never slagged off anybody for learning about music or being able to read or any other attributes that require commitment and hard work. I only ever turn up when someone makes generalisations that if you don't play prog rock on a 9-string bass then you're a less talented musician and you must by extension hate the people who [i]are[/i] playing prog rock with their giant basses.

I honestly don't mind what other people do with their basses, I don't have to listen to it. The assumption that I'm closed-minded or can't play because I think Wooten's plinky-plonky slap technique sounds like arse does irk me though. Can we not say that something sounds bad if the guy doing it's been on a magazine cover? :)[/quote]
Ok..so where the f*** have I or anyone said that?

Because you have.....and we did have a whole thread on YOUR generalisation over 'Covers and tribute acts'.

Edited by ARGH

[quote name='ARGH' post='487938' date='May 14 2009, 02:29 PM']Ok..so where the f*** have I or anyone said that?[/quote]

Well, without trawling other threads, this morning you said this:

[quote name='ARGH' post='487632' date='May 14 2009, 10:10 AM']A quantity of people on here..are..not....very..good..musicians...(said at risk)....dont read/wont read types..The 'I cant see the point in 5/6/+ string Basstuned instruments...[/quote]

And you also said I'm not fit to say that a lot of what Wooten plays sounds terrible:

[quote name='ARGH' post='487632' date='May 14 2009, 10:10 AM']None of us..and that includes EVERYONE,is even fit to even pass comment on their playing,[/quote]

I'm not making this stuff up, you just have a very short memory.

[quote name='ARGH' post='487938' date='May 14 2009, 02:29 PM']we did have a whole thread on YOUR generalisation over 'Covers and tribute acts'.[/quote]

I'm not sure why my opinion on cover/tribute bands is relevant to this discussion, unless you're just trying to drum up some support.