Why become a member? ×

Sold

gingerfish

[quote name='gingerfish' post='412402' date='Feb 17 2009, 08:08 PM']Ok I have a Warwick Vampyre SN 4 string.

I haven't had this too long and all though it is amazing to play and the sound is unlike any other bass I've played, it isn't getting played as I much favour my 'vette 5 stringer. Condition is pretty much mint only one or two little scratches but that is all.

Open to offers for 24 hours then will put up a solid price. Really not convinced on the market price of there at the moment so will consider all SENSIBLE offers.

[/quote]

I'm interested in this, but I *REALLY* have no idea of it's value... A quick search for prices reveals rockbass versions at £500 through BO's at £1500 to NT's at £2900.. not much of a help in determining a reasonable offer price.
Help me buddy.

PS Is it in Sheffield? I'd love to hear it, and since I'm in Sheff... ?

[quote name='gingerfish' post='412402' date='Feb 17 2009, 08:08 PM']Ok I have a Warwick Vampyre SN 4 string.

I haven't had this too long and all though it is amazing to play and the sound is unlike any other bass I've played, it isn't getting played as I much favour my 'vette 5 stringer. Condition is pretty much mint only one or two little scratches but that is all.

Open to offers for 24 hours then will put up a solid price. Really not convinced on the market price of there at the moment so will consider all SENSIBLE offers.

[/quote]Now, that's a nice bass guitar, feck, yeah.
Ohhhhhhh.

[quote name='GremlinAndy' post='412652' date='Feb 18 2009, 01:33 AM']I'm interested in this, but I *REALLY* have no idea of it's value... A quick search for prices reveals rockbass versions at £500 through BO's at £1500 to NT's at £2900.. not much of a help in determining a reasonable offer price.
Help me buddy.

PS Is it in Sheffield? I'd love to hear it, and since I'm in Sheff... ?[/quote]

Yeah thats the blank I'm drawing, the only couple fo sites I can find them on are retailing at 1200-1500 (thoman and Denmark Street online) which I think I would be lucky to get.

Yeah I'm up in Sheffield. So if people want to come and try it then they can, if we can arrange a suitable time.

Edited by gingerfish

[quote name='thedontcarebear' post='412991' date='Feb 18 2009, 01:09 PM']Is this the one Reverb sold off cheap recently?[/quote]

Yup it is, was sold for 500, The musicman that was at the same price was bought by a Reverb employee and flipped on ebay for a profit.

Edited by Shockwave

[quote name='Shockwave' post='413001' date='Feb 18 2009, 01:12 PM']Yup it is, was sold for 500, The musicman that was at the same price was bought by a Reverb employee and flipped one bay for a profit.[/quote]
I'll give you £500.00 for it then? ;)

Joke.
Good luck with the sale, nice bass I like them.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='413001' date='Feb 18 2009, 01:12 PM']Yup it is, was sold for 500, The musicman that was at the same price was bought by a Reverb employee and flipped on ebay for a profit.[/quote]

To make you feel better, have heard guy who got the mm cheap didn't make a dime. Heard it got crunched by the carrier and they would only pay out purchase price and not value......normally feel sorry about losing an instrument like that but hey, easy come easy go

ok I admit to being bitter and twisted when profiteering is involved ;)

Edited by High score

[quote name='High score' post='413036' date='Feb 18 2009, 01:40 PM']To make you feel better, have heard guy who got the mm cheap didn't make a dime. Heard it got crunched by the carrier and they would only pay out purchase price and not value......normally feel sorry about losing an instrument like that but hey, easy come easy go

ok I admit to being bitter and twisted when profiteering is involved ;)[/quote]

Hmm but i thought i saw the ebay ad and it looked in perfect condition, Sold it on for just over 700 i think.

[quote name='Shockwave' post='413050' date='Feb 18 2009, 01:51 PM']Hmm but i thought i saw the ebay ad and it looked in perfect condition, Sold it on for just over 700 i think.[/quote]

Yep you possibly did see it. What I heard was that the deal went through for a lot more than 700 but was trashed on route to the buyer. Pretty confident of my source.

I am being pretty unfair I suppose and not just a little green which is why I am sniping. If i had been quick off the mark I would have picked up an MM for half price as well when REVERB were clearing and also been suitably smug..... ;) .........am I the only one who sometimes feels that true bargains are only heard about after the fact?? :P

meant to ask, what is the vampyre like to play? Don't think I have ever seen one short of hanging on the top shelf.......

ps: sorry, highjacked this thread.......

Edited by High score

[quote name='High score' post='413067' date='Feb 18 2009, 02:06 PM']meant to ask, what is the vampyre like to play? Don't think I have ever seen one short of hanging on the top shelf.......

ps: sorry, highjacked this thread.......[/quote]

No worries.

I was quite impressed by the sound, even with the amp eq. cut. It has a bit more of a trebly sound, I'm told its more Warwick Thumb like. It does have the 2eq so the treble can be cut back if needed; also the volume pot has a push/pull bypass function. It is incredibly smooth to play, actually prefer the neck to my five string. Boosting the bass a little and you can get quite a nice groove/riffing sound. Don't what else to say about it really.

Good luck with the sale mate, you might have got it cheap, but at the end of the day, if it's not the bass for you, then who can blame you for selling it for a reasonable price? Even if it is a bit more than you've paid for it, we've all done it before i'm sure ;) I know i have!

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='416234' date='Feb 21 2009, 04:48 PM']This guy is looking for one.

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=37567&hl=vampyre"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...&hl=vampyre[/url][/quote]

Took a nose at his profile and looks like he has got one already, cheers for the link though Wayne.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...