lowregisterhead

MESA Subway D-800 SOLD
£600
Woking

Posted (edited)

For sale is my Mesa Subway D-800 head, in excellent condition, complete with gigbag. Light, very powerful, with a huge tonal range. Handles right down to a 2-ohm load. I bought a complete new rig recently, so sadly this is surplus to requirements.

NOW SOLD

Edited by lowregisterhead

Gut thumping floor bouncing trouser flapping goodness right there!

GLWTS

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

If I could,, I'd definitely buy this! Lovely piece of kit. Unfortunately,  the Mrs would kill me. Strangely enough, she would be quite happily buy 1200 toilet rolls? We live in different worlds 😂 What is it all coming to? GLWTS

Edited by itsmedunc
  • Haha 4

You can buy this with confidence - I've owned one of these great amps and dealt with this top Basschat-er.

• Thanks 1

Looks awesome and my GAS is definitely acting up.  Is this the one with the tube preamp?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, tvickey said:

Looks awesome and my GAS is definitely acting up.  Is this the one with the tube preamp?

Don't think so - it refers to their tube lines, but doesn't actually say it has a tube: https://mesaboogie.com/amplifiers/bass/subway-series/subway-d800/index.html

Edited by lowregisterhead
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

Out of curiosity and if you don't mind, how did they compare? I want something with more colour these times I feel.

Then I think you'd like the Mesa. It has more warmth and 'juice' to it. I found the Eich T1000 I had was tonally versatile and very powerful, but hi-fi and clinical by comparison.

• Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By WalMan
      Acquired this from Silverfoxnik a while back and love it, but it’s proving too heavy for me nowadays ☹️
      Comes in the 4u rack case with a 2u draw and footswitch for the mute and drive/boost.
      I could consider shipping at cost, but she’s a heavy beast so I doubt that would be cheap, hence collection preferred. Currently carless (or unable to drive wifey’s car after an ankle op) so a meet up will be difficult at the moment, though should be possible if this runs to mid/late September when I should be mobile again.
      Struggling to add photos at the moment - now added in link below.
      EDIT: Looking back to try to ‘borrow’ Nik’s pictures, I appear to have misremembered what I bought it from him for 🤭 (Not sure where I dredged £1/watt from in my befuddled brain). Not wishing to be seen as profiteering, and I can’t work out how to change the start price, immediate reduction to £550

Google photo album (hopefully)
    • By marcblum
      Not sure if I want to sell, as Mesa does not build it anymore.
    • By Deedee
      I bought this a couple of months back on a bit of a whim as they seem to be as rare as hens teeth.
      It's a great amp but the reality is that once the pubs have opened up again I'm going to be gigging very, very rarely and as I already have far too many amps to choose from I'm moving this and some other gear on at the same price I paid for it. Here are the specs:
      Amp Type: Tube Preamp & Class D Power Amp Chassis Material: Aluminium Preamp Tubes: 1x Mesa 12AT7 Power Amp Power Devices: Class D Power Amp Wattage(s) Quick Reference: 800 Watts @ 4 or 2 Ohms / 400 Watts @ 8 Ohms Power Amp Details: Light-Weight, Compact Class D Power Amp with Variable Damping Control, Protection, Limit & 2-Ohm Load LED Indicators Convection or Fan Cooling: Fan Cooled Instrument Input Options: 1x 1/4" with Active/Passive Switch Preamp Details: 2-Stage Class-A Preamp featuring Input Gain with Clip Indicator (O/D LED), Variable High-Pass Filter (25Hz-125Hz), Fully Active 5-Band EQ (+/- 12dB) featuring Bass, Treble and a selectable/bypassable 3-Band Semi-Parametric EQ Sweepable from 80Hz-1KHz, 150Hz-2.5KHz & 300Hz-5KHz respectively, Passive Mid Control & Master Volume Effects Loop: Fully Buffered Series FX Loop Direct Line Output (DI): Balanced XLR Out with Pre/Post, Line/Mic & Ground Lift Switches Tuner Output / Mute: Tuner Output (back panel) with Play/Mute Switch (front panel) and External Mute Switching Jack (back panel) - See "Footswitch" in the Accessories Section for additional options External Switching Jack Options: External Switching Jack for Parametric EQ & Mute (Footswitch Sold Separately) Speaker Outputs: 2 - Speakon Output Jacks (no 1/4" speaker jacks) - 8, 4 or 2 Ohms Headphone Output: Yes Extra Amplifier Features: USB Power Outlet, Headphone Output and Auxiliary Input Slip Cover: Included - Gig Bag with Shoulder Strap Weight & Dimensions
      Weight: 7 Lbs. Height: 4" Width: 12" Depth: 11.375"  
      As you can see from the photos it really is in superb condition.
      £900 price includes shipping to GB (UK buyers only please) or you can collect as soon as you like whilst strictly observing social distancing for £880.
      No trades thanks - unless you happen to have a Status Vintage GP Artist with a P neck. 😁

• By Grewster
      Price drop - now £550 for the pair. I have two of these brilliant cabs - one with Eminence Delta drivers and one with Legend CA1059’s. These are built like the proverbial and are both hugely loud (600w) and fairly heavy, but modified (by me) to vertical standing with wheels and a handle for easier transportation and tilting on stage. One (Legends) is in good condition, the other has a few scuffs and tears. Reluctant sale but moving to 12’s.