Osiris

On hold - Ibanez Mikro short scale with bag and a new set of strings £100
£120
Wellingborough

Posted (edited)

Now £100

Up for grabs is my used but excellent condition 28 and a half inch scale Ibanez Mikro bass. I bought this to see if Osiris junior would take an interest in the bass but he's not touched it. I've had the original pots and input jack replaced for something better quality and the control cavity has been shielded to make it noise free. There's one of 2 minor marks on the body but nothing significant. It comes with a Fender guitar sized gig bag and a brand new set of Ibanez Mikro strings that I haven't got around to fitting yet. 

Test drives are welcome and I'll throw in a cuppa too! 

Collection is preferred from Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, or I may able to post at the buyers cost. 

Mikro body.JPG

Mikro Full.JPG

Mikro guts.JPG

Mikro case.JPG

Edited by Osiris
On hold
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

This bass punches above its weight for sure, again proper seller

Edited by Cuzzie
  • Thanks 1

Cheap way into trying short scale !

Surprised this is still here, fun little bass that will make you smile, ideal for drummers, children, people of diminutive stature or indeed giants ...

• Like 1

I've got the (not often seen) 5 string version of this bass.
It's small, compact & lightweight, and packs a huge punch for such a tiny bass

Haven't seen any of these around in shops lately - so I don't know whether they've stopped making them?
Anyhow, it's an absolute steal at this price, so I'm surprised it's still here

I take mine along to gigs, as a compact backup, and take it along to country pub jams & camping trips (with my battery powered Roland Micro cube)
Something like this would be an ideal starter instrument for kids... but is of surprisingly good quality

GLWTS

• Like 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EdLib-3
      1997 Ibanez TR200 Bass with 2 band active EQ (serial no: 6011374). I bought this from Japan, I've tried to find more details on these instruments, but this particular iteration of the TR200 only appears in a 1997 Japanese Ibanez catalogue, check the link for more details:
      http://brochures.yokochou.com/guitar-and-amp/ibanez/1997/en_22.html
      Excellent mid-level instrument, rare and very hard to find for sale used at a good price. No trade offers please as I need to raise some cash.
      Includes the following high quality upgrades: Kluson High Mass Bridge, DiMarzio Model P and J pickups, Jim Dunlop Straploks, and Gotoh GB528 Resolite lightweight tuners. Includes original Ibanez gig bag.
      The bass plays and sounds great, truss rod works fine and the neck is straight and plays great. Condition for this bass is very good for its age; just a small unnoticeable scuff to the finish on the edge of both the top and bottom sides of the body, and a slight bit of finish loss by the bridge pickup when it was upgraded. All unnoticeable unless you look very closely and carefully.

Collection from the Preston Park area of Brighton is strongly preferred as the thin Ibanez gig bag for this bass offers very little protection and I'm not keen on sending basses that don't have a hard case as couriers won't insure them. A meet-up within a reasonable distance from Brighton is also a possibility.
      Here's my feedback:
      https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/306417-feedback-for-edlib-3/
      Any questions, let me know. Cheers!
    • By Jellyfish
      Price Drop to £545! 

Hi all,

I've had a rare opportunity to consolidate some cash and buy something I've wanted for ages, so I'm putting this up for sale (even though I just bought it!).
      Apparently, these were only made for a year during the late nineties but there is some good information here if you're interested. It's a great example with fairly minimal wear however there are some visible marks and nicks along the edge of the neck and the plastic on top of the pickup is curling away (which apparently is fairly common) but I don't mind it as it makes it easier to root my thumb to the pickup.  Electronics all work fine and the truss rod turns without issue. Tuners are in great condition too.

Price is £625 firm and am happy for buyer to arrange courier, or it can be picked up from Birmingham. If couriered, it will be very well packaged. Payment by Bank Transfer or cash only please.

And now for the pics:

• By Chaos Daveo
      Hello All,
      Here we have an absolute beast of a bass, currently I'm bandless and as we know covid is effecting our fine art. It's priced to sell as I cannot really justify having three basses at present, Its a wonderful instrument to play and own, with incredible tone for days. Collection from Stoke and cash is king, as always. I wont dispatch, post or muck about with sending it anywhere, sorry that's my choice as I want it to be pristine when you get it. I cannot stress how comfortable the fanned fret is and part of me will be gutted to see it go, this gathering dust is just criminal. Happy Sunday, come grab a bargain..
      BODY WOOD:  Mahogany  BRAND: Ibanez FRETBOARD WOOD: Panga Panga HARDWARE COLOUR: Black NECK WOOD:  Multi Piece Neck  NUMBER OF STRINGS: 4 String Basses PICKUP CONFIG: J/J, Bartolini BH2 dual-coil pickup, 3-band EQ  TOP WOOD:  Burl  Dave.

• By Baloney Balderdash
      So it seems like there are not a lot of short scale fretless basses around, but if I can find a decent one within my budget limit I sort of ponder on buying one in the near future.
      I'll like it to be max 30" scale length, preferably be a 4 string, and my budget limit would be about 400£, but I'd prefer cheaper, as long as it is still decent (I would suspect a pickup upgrade down the line being necessary anyway in this kind of price class).
      Does such a bass exist?
      All suggestions are welcome.
    • By Wilco
      Fantastic bass that I’ve thought long and hard about selling, but I need to raise funds for some other gear for a new band project that I don’t need this bass for.
      Not far off new condition - a light scratch on heel of the neck & a couple really small lower body dings is about it.
      Huge spec, loads of tonal flexibility & plays like a dream. Comes with the usual Ibby rectangular foam semi hard case
      Spec:-
      neck type BTB57pc Panga Panga/Purpleheart/Maple neck w/Graphite reinforcement rodsNeck-through top/back/body Walnut topWalnut backAsh wing body fretboard Bound Panga Panga fretboardAbalone off-set dot inlay fret Medium Stainless Steel fretsPremium fret edge treatment number of frets 24 (+ zero fret) bridge MR5S bridge string space 19mm neck pickup Aguilar® DCB neck pickupPassive bridge pickup Aguilar® DCB bridge pickupPassive equaliser Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/ EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) & 3-way Mid frequency switch Gotoh tuners too & locking Jack socket.

No postage on this - pick up or collection from Swindon, or meet up say an hour away from here.