Why become a member? ×

OK it's noew 100% official time to start shopping for amp time, yes i'm sure lets rock n roll!

William James Easton

where to start? where to finish? i think i'll just lie down till something comes along.

i'll start again. I need to shift into gear and buy some semi decent wing wang this year. not had a decent set up for about 3 years. i'm going to spend about 600clams. Need a slightly light cab, 2x15 (light? yeh right) maybe, but last week it was a 2x12. and a nice head. if i can get a nice valve head then great however im may wait till the bass terror comes along. but i really will consider most set ups.
Just about to get my bonus may aswell spend it before it's too late.
chuck up some ideas for me.

Edited by William James Easton

hiho,what about a marshall mb 450 combo and a 15" cab or a mb450 amp head and cabinet/s of choice.
the combo will do 300 watt on it,s own or the full 450 with another 4 ohm cab.handy if you are playin a small gig.
I use the head version with 2 2x10,s at 4 ohm apiece so depending on size of venue you can use 1 cab for a small one or through a pa or the full monty if you want to have fun.mind you a 4x12 would be ace.
more than enough bottom end so don,t need a 15".hope this helps

[quote name='fatgoogle' post='405830' date='Feb 10 2009, 10:36 PM']Youre not going to get a vlave head and cab for 600, you might be able to geet an amoeg v-4 for 600 but thats, it. You could get a hartke vx2x15 and a hartke lh500 for around that much. Its got a nice little tube in the preamp which is really nice.[/quote]

not stictly cab and amp. i'll see what comes along first then get either a cab or head on Take It Away intrest free credit over 9 months. jobs a good un.

I was planning on spending about £6-700 last year & quickly found out that I was very limited.
Best thing I found was slightly over budget but got it & that was the MB cmd102p 2x10 combo.
was thinking about Ashdown & Ampeg & GK, was very unimpressed with the first two & never got to try the GK but lightness won the day & I'm now a very happy chappy.

I was just thinking, "there's a lot of good stuff in the for sale section".

I bought new only because the other half wont allow me to buy s/h electrical goods. I used to all the time before I met her too as I love to take things apart!