6feet7

Maruszczyk Jake 5+ P/MM - Sold
£1200
East Sussex

An absolutely stunning example with matching headstock Maruszczyk Jake 5+ P/MM that is around 7lbs / 3.2Kg in weight,

Fitted with passive Delano MC5 HE/M2 and PC5 HE/M2 pickups and comes with a Hiscox hard case.

New D'Addario nickel rounds fitted but I can include some used DR Sunbeams if you'd prefer.

18mm string spacing at the bridge

If you've ever wanted a lightweight 5 stringer that weighs so little that a 2 or 3 hour set leaves little to no impression on your ageing shoulders, then this is the bass to have :)

Edited by 6feet7
  • Like 10

Near Uckfield (just over an hour to London bridge by train - and I'm happy to come up to London), but I'm going to be in Cardiff 17th/18th April if anyone wants to meet.

Edited by 6feet7

12 hours ago, walshy said:

Damn the no trades😂

Yup, sorry. Already bought the next bass so this has to go to pay the credit card :(

• Like 1

On 03/04/2020 at 11:54, Gareth Hughes said:

Hey 6feet7 - is the fingerboard Ebony or a really dark Rosewood?

I think ebony (its hanging next to my other Maruszczyk Jake 5 which is definitely rosewood). I wouldn't stick a load of money at the bookies saying it is (I would put a small amount though). I've always assumed it was ebony but I've no idea really. Here's a close up photo of it compared to the rosewood  one. Andyjr1515 may be the person to ask

Edited by 6feet7

47 minutes ago, vittoriosciascia said:

trade whit my fender precision JV 57   1983?

Sorry, no trades. I'm afraid there's a credit card that needs paying into, otherwise I'd be keeping this :(

5 minutes ago, vittoriosciascia said:

in euro? how much?

970 Euros plus postage

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kinder
      NOW SOLD

Hi
      I bought this new 7 years ago and it was my main gigging bass until I moved to a Jazz. It’s been my backup since then so I’ve decided to sell with a heavy heart.
      It’s set up with flats and plays beautifully, the neck really is lovely. Comes with the moulded SKB case but I don’t have the case candy I’m afraid.
      I put straplocks on but don’t have the originals, so I’ll throw in the Comfort strap.
      It’s in perfect condition apart from a bit of scuffing on the B string tuning peg from where it wore through my gig bag. I've tried to show this in the photos.

If you want to come and try it you’d be very welcome – I can set up my rig in the garage so we can keep our distance. I can courier or I would deliver up to around 50 miles, just to get out of the house!

£925 delivered or £900 collected.
      No trades thanks. I’ve bought loads of stuff from here over the years but haven’t ever bothered with getting feedback. I could ask some sellers for feedback if anyone wants reassurance.
      Cheers
      Andy

Edit: this weighs 9.4lb or 4.3kg. And string spacing at the bridge is 18-19mm.

• By Dee-bass
      Beautiful Anaconda custom Ultra J5 A3. 
      Great condition & strung with DR Blues.
      This is a custom special order hand made instrument.
      It’s had a recent full service & set up by Andy Warnock. The action is set Low & plays superbly. Very light & comfortable, Perfectly balanced on a strap. 
      American Walnut Top
      Swamp Ash body 
      Wenge Fingerboard
      Hipshot Tuners
      Glockenklang Pre Amp/ Active & Passive 
      Woodhead low output pickups, very sweet sounding 
      Brass Nut 
      Hipshot adjustable bridge 
      Poss open to trades

• By meesterbassman
      Bizarre post and a shot in the dark. 

my old teacher Colin Bilham has just died (age 90).  First bass guitar chair in the west end and one of original Superstar and Joseph bands I believe. 

he *should* have sold his ‘64 precision to me a few years back (2005ish) but was arm twisted (I think) to flog it for (gulp) £750 by (I can only assume) some with minimal
      scruples. (Supposition there!)
      I was gutted. More so to discover that it then got sold on at auction in 2015 by Tennants in the UK at a price I could still have managed (£2.5k). 
      the auctioneers tell me it left the UK but can’t say where. 

Colin bought it from the bass player in the Hollies...

anyway, would LOVE to track it down (and ideally buy it back for posterity) - I’m gutted he’s gone (knew him for almost 40 years).

anyone come across it (info here including serial):

https://bid.tennants.co.uk/m/lot-details/index/catalog/300/lot/437946?url=%2Fm%2Fsearch%2F%3Fkey%3DColin%2Bbilham%26search-area%3Don%26xclosed%3Dno

• By Marc S
      The 5 string version of this bass doesn't come up very often (certainly here in the UK) - In fact, they seem to be unavailable in Europe currently too. Not sure if they've been discontinued?
      Not sure if the correct term is X-short scale, but I think it's 26.5" scale. I bought this as a travel bass, and took a punt, hoping the B string wouldn't sound "flabby"

I was very pleasantly surprised at just how deep and resonant the B string is, and just how much sustain it has for such a short scale - I really didn't expect it to sound so good
      From memory, I paid around £230 or £240 for this bass new, that was pre import charges and sans case / bag. I'm throwing in a really nicely padded gigbag (which I think I paid around £40 for)
      In great condition - can't see any dings or scratches and there is no fret wear. In all honesty, it could probably do with a teak in the set-up, but it plays nicely so I leave that to the buyers taste.....

Pictured here alongside a Hofner Violin bass for size comparison.
      I would seriously keep this, as it sounds so thunderous for such a tiny bass - but the string spacing is a tad too tight at the bridge end for my tastes (or possibly clumsy fingers! lol).....

No trades - I'm thinning the herd (unless you've got a Wingbass, Fingy or similar)
      Collection / meet-up preferred.... and I've got a decent battery amp when travel is permitted.
      I have the box this cam in originally - but of course that won't fit the nice, thickly padded gigbag

• By gorandelac
      Hi all, I'm selling my Alembic MK Signature Deluxe with Coco Bolo top, so here is little about the bass.
      Bass has no scratch, no belt buckle scratch, it's almost as brand new, as you can see from pics.
      Scale: 34"
      String spacing: 19 mm
      Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone
      Top: coco Bolo
      Back: Coco Bolo
      Body: Mahogany with maple and purplehearth as accent woods
      Neck: Maple with Purple Hearth stringers
      Finish: clean gloss with satin finish on the neck
      weight: 5.7 kg (with 5 9v batteries that goes into the bass, 4x for LED)
      Electronics: volume, pan, 2x filters, 2x q switches, 1x LED on/off, 1/4" mono output.
      LEDs are amber and red (check pictures)
      Bass was done in 2015, so it has 2+3 machine heads.
      Bass has original case, papers, everything. New one like this is 17.600 dollars, you can check here on Alembic site my bass is Sig Dlx Coco Bolo.
      This is I think only signature bass in EU that is available with this price. For any questions you can contact me. Here are some pic that justify the whole thing, other pics you can see on my dropbox:
      https://www.dropbox.com/sh/huwja8inhg3pt5e/AAAZ_-yhsAWuU_Zi-cx5C75fa?dl=0

Price says 6000 5600 pounds but it's actually 6500 6200 euros, just conversion is different every day.

Also check my feedback page: