Why become a member? ×

NBD... Or Is It?

stewblack

My Harley B obsession continues unabated. Just landed one of these beauties

Screenshot_20200130_205022.thumb.jpg.855cb9d4746bc216deee050d91bfe25b.jpg

However there is a catch. Nothing wrong with the bass. The HB quality is evident throughout, B-stock (as is my preference) but I can't find a damn thing wrong with it anywhere. 

The problem is I made a promise to myself to fund any bass related purchases purely from sales. The bulk of this particular transaction was made possible by the sale of a bass the remainder from a couple of pedals. 

But the bass I sold is coming back. My fault, no blame attached to the buyer whatsoever, but I have refunded the money. 

So, before I take a drill and some filler to this for the obligatory strap button relocation operation, I ought to take advantage of Thomann and their 30 days no quibble returns policy. 

Didn't I? 

But my god this is a lovely instrument. 

• Like 3

No no no, if you were selling a bass, then its return is only a temporary hiccup en route to its final departure. You will of course now put it up for sale again, and its eventual but inevitable departure will remove any issue with your Holly Bee purchase. Which , if you'll permit me, looks cool as f-dash.

See? Sorted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mangotango said:

No no no, if you were selling a bass, then its return is only a temporary hiccup en route to its final departure. You will of course now put it up for sale again, and its eventual but inevitable departure will remove any issue with your Holly Bee purchase. Which , if you'll permit me, looks cool as f-dash.

See? Sorted.

You have entirely fixed my moral dilemma. Thank you! 

8 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

Stew, if you're in to fettling etc. How about you have a go at the rarely attempted left handed conversion, lend it to me for ten years to see how it's gone, then maybe get it back? No? 

Hmm, let me think about it.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, John Cribbin said:

That's a lovely looking basss.

I don't know for sure, but I've thought for a long time that Thomann's B stock are mainly sales returned under their 30 day policy that they can't legally sell as new

Agreed. I had a B stock from there absolutely flawless, its always worth the punt for the saving. 

• Like 1

I've just bought 2 x pa units from Thomann - B stock, each £200-odd cheaper than new.  Clearly neither have been used as they were in the original sealed packaging.  What I saved on them was the equivalent of a free mixing desk.

• Like 2