Why become a member? ×

Selling Advice

phil

Hi to all. (my first post)

I was looking for some advice for selling a bass, so i came here =].

Basically i was looking at selling one of two basses, and im torn between which one and how much I would sell it for and where abouts, is ebay any good for selling basses???

Im stuck between selling either my Warwick thumb bolt on neck, or my spector euro, both 4 strings and have both been owned only by myself for 4 years. And neither bass has had any modificatoins no replacement pick ups, i think both basses have EMG pick ups so they sounded really nice.

Each bass is in perfect working condition, both have some light marks on the back of the body from gigging. erh not sure what else to say about them..... I was looking at selling one of them and buying a fender aerodyne, as I had tried one not so long ago and really like the sound and feel of the bass.

Any advice at all would be great, thanks for reading my post =]

Hi and welcome ;)

Ebay has good and bad points. Have a trawl through the basses for sale forum here and IIRC you'll find similar basses have been sold on here, so It'll give you a few prices to think about.

Pictures and your location will help a lot too!

Howdy &welcome! Now that you're a newbie (as we all were) you will find this
site friendly and accomodating,altho' it's frowned upon if you use this site only to sell stuff.

I would suggest you take pics of the basses in question,and go to the for sale section.
You can then put out a 'feeler'.

Judging by what you're selling,someone on here is sure to snap it up. :P

Good luck with the sale ;)

[quote name='phil' post='395680' date='Jan 30 2009, 07:45 PM']Hi to all. (my first post)

Basically i was looking at selling one of two basses, and im torn between which one and how much I would sell it for and where abouts, is ebay any good for selling basses???

Im stuck between selling either my Warwick thumb bolt on neck, or my spector euro, both 4 strings and have both been owned only by myself for 4 years. And neither bass has had any modificatoins no replacement pick ups, i think both basses have EMG pick ups so they sounded really nice.

Each bass is in perfect working condition, both have some light marks on the back of the body from gigging. erh not sure what else to say about them..... I was looking at selling one of them and buying a fender aerodyne, as I had tried one not so long ago and really like the sound and feel of the bass.

Any advice at all would be great, thanks for reading my post =][/quote]

You never know on this site. You might get a swap for a suitable Fender for one of them.

I'm going to get some pictures on hopefully tomorrow of the spector, I just got in form work and cant be bothered to move from my desk at the min lol.

My location is Newcastle for the spector and the warwick is in Aberdeen at my home address, so I would prob have them posted from where they are, altho im goin up home soon so I might have the warwick in newcastle in a few weeks.

Is there a general asking price i would ask for or is it like ebay with bids? thanks for the advice aswell btw!!!
much appreiated.

Hi and welcome.

I'd suggest you add your location to your profile then it will show in the left column and you can stop people asking (as they will if you don't)

Then do as suggested above, put up a new thread in the basses for sale bit.
If you are just working out if there's any interest you can call it a feeler and watch your Personal Message (PM) inbox. You can set oit to email you when a new one arrives.

Generally you will need to post a bunch of pictures, history and a spec and a guide to the price you have in mind or what you are looking for in exchange ..
If you don't do that you will just get nagged ;)

You can also post a wanted post for the Aerodyne in the wanted section if a used one is what you had in mind. It's worth asking.

You may find people are looking for what you have, or vice versa and you may be able to hook something up.

eBay is tricky if you havn't got a history as people do not generally trust big sales like basses from first time sellers. There's too many scams around.

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='phil' post='395680' date='Jan 30 2009, 07:45 PM']Hi to all. (my first post)

Any advice at all would be great, thanks for reading my post =][/quote]

Just my opinion, but don't sell the Thumb. First, they sound great. Secondly, Warwicks are going for peanuts on ebay at the moment, and I doubt you would get a sensible price for it. Its a good time to buy Warwicks, but not to sell them!

Edited by simon1964

[quote name='simon1964' post='395844' date='Jan 30 2009, 11:28 PM']Just my opinion, but don't sell the Thumb. First, they sound great. Secondly, Warwicks are going for peanuts on ebay at the moment, and I doubt you would get a sensible price for it. Its a good time to buy Wariwcks, but not to sell them![/quote]

I'd definitely agree with this. Warwick prices are shot to hell at the moment whilst Spectors seem to be undergoing a bit of a renaissance. A good looking Euro with a funky flamed maple top ought to be easier to sell.

Really depends on which one you like most though. If the Spector is your favourite then I'd hang on to that ;)

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' post='395692' date='Jan 30 2009, 07:59 PM']Howdy &welcome! Now that you're a newbie (as we all were) you will find this
site friendly and accomodating,altho' it's frowned upon if you use this site only to sell stuff.

I would suggest you take pics of the basses in question,and go to the for sale section.
You can then put out a 'feeler'.

Judging by what you're selling,someone on here is sure to snap it up. :P

Good luck with the sale ;)[/quote]
+1 Welcome to BC...

It is wierd though how Warwicks appear to have taken a bit of a beating when it comes to selling s/h?? Didn't that happen to MM Stingrays as well recently...

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='396021' date='Jan 31 2009, 11:04 AM']It is wierd though how Warwicks appear to have taken a bit of a beating when it comes to selling s/h?? Didn't that happen to MM Stingrays as well recently...[/quote]

Certainly is.
I was selling my Ray4 last year and dipped out when the price got 'silly', luckily I learned to love it again. Still, managed to get a good deal on a Ray5 to partner it so no wories.