Why become a member? ×

Calling all teenagers

Kiwi

:huh: Im 16 too.. Since when is 11 pm late for a teenager..? Im back at about 1 the latest from gigs... :)

Im only just starting out anyway. Been playing..what, 3-4 years? Something like that, if that.

Anyway, amp+bass..no effects. Must get me an effects unit one day for some fun, but I like the tone of my bass so much, I can't be bothered with any.

Overwater Progress 3. Mahogany with English Walnut front. Rosewood board. Maple wenge 5pc thru neck.
Trace Elliot AH400SMX, 1048 cab, 1153 cab.
Trace Elliot GP11 1x15 combo

Once again, please ignore the couch..its my mums taste :huh:

Edited by overwater#1

Hey, I'm 18. Been playing the French horn since I was 11, only recently turned my hand to bass. Will be a year since I picked it up this September! I play through a Fender Squier Affinity P-Bass into a Laney RB-1. Effects: Boss ODB-1, SYB-5.

On a totally different note, overwater#1 I want that Trace Elliot GP11 1x15 combo! Any chance you'd sell it?

Scorchin

I've almost completed my rig now which I can safely leave alone for a few years and not worry about spending money :) wishful thinking?

Bass - 1995 Pedulla Rapture RB5

I've got a Warwick Streamer $$ on the way (ebony fretboard)

Board (getting a DHA VT2 soon, possibly a SubDecay Noise Box)

Amp (I look so young in that photo)

*sigh* if only my parents had raised me to be a minimalist...been playing for what, 4 years pretty much. Time flies. Ick.

Edited by Muse_Cubed

[quote name='The Funk' post='45118' date='Aug 14 2007, 02:09 AM']How do you guys afford all this? For the first 9 years, I just had one $300 4-string MIM Fender Jazz Standard.[/quote]

Some teens can come away with well over a grand after the summer hols these days.

Then you hear about boutique instruments for Christmas and Birthdays :)

Having said that, if I had kids; I would definitely fork out for a decent upright. That is to say I would invest in something very musically demanding.

Schecter custom body with Shuker clear refinish.
Active EMGs used by Steve Lawson for years :huh:
And a beautiful Shuker wenge neck, danish oiled, with a birdseye maple fretboard.

I love it. :) I've been playing about 4 years and in that time I've always searched for the perfect bass for me and that is it.

EDIT: It doesn't have those horrid blue strings anymore.. They were terrible strings.. I'll take some better pictures when I get some good light. Edited by jamiepyrite

[quote name='The Funk' post='45118' date='Aug 14 2007, 02:09 AM']How do you guys afford all this? For the first 9 years, I just had one $300 4-string MIM Fender Jazz Standard.[/quote]

I was teetotal for pretty much the whole time I was playing bass up to May this year which also helped :) long story that one.

[quote name='jamiepyrite' post='45328' date='Aug 14 2007, 05:06 PM']Yeah, I slaved away working in Mcdonalds 4 shifts a week for 2 years while at college mon-fri. i'm working in administration for durham prison over the summer though.

No mooching off parents here :)[/quote]

Bloody hell. Much respect to you. I still mooch whenever I can!

[quote name='ste_m3' post='45369' date='Aug 14 2007, 06:37 PM']im currently working 6 days a week 10 till half 5 or seven weather depending - to fuel my next gas attack![/quote]

Where at man? I need to get a job, but too late now for hols, and im out Tuesday till Friday between 6pm and 1am, and Saturday all day.. Earning a little bit from that. Starting to do more and more pit work in the shows now though, not bad pay once I get a few.

[quote name='overwater#1' post='45418' date='Aug 14 2007, 07:07 PM']Where at man? I need to get a job, but too late now for hols, and im out Tuesday till Friday between 6pm and 1am, and Saturday all day.. Earning a little bit from that. Starting to do more and more pit work in the shows now though, not bad pay once I get a few.[/quote]

just a nice little cafe in st annes. Im on four quid an hour so its not exactly magic. But it keeps me bass stuff rolling! I got in well before my GCSE's for a job, And then just dazzled them with wit and charm. aha.

Couple of guys my age are actually starting to do tele sales :) i couldnt even imagine!

I'm 18.

I've had a Warwick Stage 1 and the Beast (as in avatar) since I was 16.

All bought for by myself through buying and selling through gear.

Also money via various internet schemes (if anyone is interested ask, I won't explain them as I'll get flamed.)

And of course money through hard work.

Current job I get £7 an hour and double time on weekends. Work 8 - 4.30 every day and whatever I like on the weekends. It's brilliant!

Currently funding looking to fund my Gap Year that will take me skiing for 5 months and then to Africa for 4, all from money off my own back.

It's not actually that difficult to find money if you work for it (my opinion). Although saying that I don't have anyone depending on me and I do still live at home so have to thank my dad for that! Even with the increased council tax now I've turned 18!

Edited by Spikyhedgehog

16 years old.

old pic =] but still rocking that bass.

also playing a Fernandes 5 string. in the market for a Rickenbacker too =]

amp is an Ampeg head through warwick cabs (a 12" and a 15") although i'm trading the cabs for a trace elliot 4x10 from the new range.

I started work on my birthday, literally, the day I turned 16, and I haven't stopped since. So before anyone bitches that I'll be playing a rick and a stingray whilst I'm 16, that's cold hard money that I worked to get for myself, same as the money I bought my clothes with, and the money that's gonna buy me my car. My parents are kind enough to make me meals, give me a roof, and all the rest - i don't expect more from them.

[quote name='Tech' post='47238' date='Aug 18 2007, 10:39 PM']16 years old.

old pic =] but still rocking that bass.

also playing a Fernandes 5 string. in the market for a Rickenbacker too =]

amp is an Ampeg head through warwick cabs (a 12" and a 15") although i'm trading the cabs for a trace elliot 4x10 from the new range.

I started work on my birthday, literally, the day I turned 16, and I haven't stopped since. So before anyone bitches that I'll be playing a rick and a stingray whilst I'm 16, that's cold hard money that I worked to get for myself, same as the money I bought my clothes with, and the money that's gonna buy me my car. My parents are kind enough to make me meals, give me a roof, and all the rest - i don't expect more from them.[/quote]

At LAST

THATS the right attitude.
(Thumbs up)

I'm 14 and have been playing 2 or 3 years so I'm not really a beginner, but I'm a teenager. My main bass is an Ibanez Soundgear 500 and I also play a Squier/Fender jazz that I'm doing up.

My Soundgear's just a soundgear but my Jazz is cool. I bought it off Neepheid with bartolinis and a preamp not long ago, and I'm making changes.

[attachment=1842:my_bass.jpg]

All I've changed atm is add a Fender Precision neck, BADASS II and chrome knobs and I'm thinking pearl scratchplate.

Edited by lwtait