Frank Blank

For Sale - Godin A4 Ultra Fretted ***SOLD***
£550
Southend

For Sale - Godin A4 Ultra Fretted ***SOLD***

I ordered this bass in from Canada via PMT and I purchased it there in February 2017. It received a Pro Setup at Guitar Technical Services mid-March 2017 (invoice for work in the gigbag). It has had regular six monthly check ups at GTS ever since (apart from a brief sojourn when I sold it to a fellow Bass Chatter who in turn put it up for sale at Bass Direct, from where I purchased it back! It was checked over at GTS on the way back from Bass Direct and has been back on its six monthly checks ever since).

It’s just the best acoustic bass you can get in my humble opinion. It has a few small dings on the back (see pics) but otherwise at this price it’s a steal. I despise instruments sitting unplayed and as I mostly play short scales now this is nog getting played, I’d much rather someone was actually using it! Comes with fitted Godin gigbag and I’ll throw in my heavy duty leather strap too. Any questions just ask, no trades thanks. Here is the bumf from Godin...

The A4 Ultra SA semi-acoustic bass features more sonic possibilities than ever before with the addition of a Low Profile Lace Sensor electric pickup and side-mounted volume and tone controls.

Other features include: Custom Godin electronics with individual saddle transducers in the bridge, Custom preamp voiced specifically for the A4 Ultra SA, as well as a ¼” output and 13-pin capabilities for computer and synth access. Incredible acoustic bass sounds are available through the ¼” output jack and controlling your tone is made easy with the Custom Godin Preamp. The two-chambered body design found in all of the A-Series instruments is also found in the A4 Ultra. This design resists feedback as well as the negative effects that loud stage levels can have on top vibration.

Here is the link to the A4 Ultra page on Godin’s website.

Here is a link to the A4 Ultra factsheet/manual pdf.

Edited by Frank Blank
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ashwood1985 said:

Cool! And in my neck of the woods 

🤔

Come over and try it out if you wish.

Thanks man, I may do.

I’m having a kind of battle in my head atm about what kind of bass I need vs ones I want!

We’ll see 🙄

Whether it’s me or someone else I’m sure it’ll move in good time as it’s a lovely bass!

• Like 1

Whoa... just as well it's got frets!  Good luck with your sale :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ashwood1985 said:

Thanks man, I may do.

I’m having a kind of battle in my head atm about what kind of bass I need vs ones I want!

We’ll see 🙄

Whether it’s me or someone else I’m sure it’ll move in good time as it’s a lovely bass!

In my case the battle was short and painless, soon becoming abject surrender :)

Good price, too! 

• Like 1

Wow, alluring price!  I'm searching for A4, are you willing for a personal pick up on an airport near London?

2 hours ago, Paul S said:

In my case the battle was short and painless, soon becoming abject surrender :)

Good price, too! 

Does this mean you already have one?

23 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Does this mean you already have one?

Unfortunately I have absolutely no need of one at the moment, Frank, otherwise I'd have been knocking on your door last night :) 

• Haha 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By dave84
      I finally found the acoustic bass of my dreams and I couldn't resist trying with a song that I think is very suitable for an acoustic bass ... enjoy!

• By originalfunkbrother
      Fender Victor Bailey 5. Serial number 100202651. Probably the least used bass I have ever owned. I have gigged with it a couple of times but I no longer use it anymore. It comes with a flight case, guitar strap and hole cover.
      I would prefer collection from SE London but I will post at buyers expense. Price negotiable.

• By JapanAxe
      The Godin ACS SA is a beautifully made semi-solid nylon-string electric guitar with synth access. Used acoustically it is loud enough for solo practice.

The neck is like that of a regular classical guitar but less chunky, with a nut width of approximately 49mm (1.15/16in).

The nylon-string output from the well-balanced piezo pickup under the compensated saddle is via a standard 1/4-inch jack and is controlled by a volume slider and 3-band EQ sliders with switchable mid frequency. Battery power consumption is extremely low.

The guitar can also function as a synth controller when connected to a Roland or Axon guitar synth using the included 13-pin cable, through which it also draws power for the synth circuitry. The fourth slider controls synth volume, and the two push-buttons correspond to S1 and S2 in the Roland system. I used to have a guitar synth, and this guitar tracks far better than any add-on GK pickup I have used. If you don't want to use the synth function you can safely forget about it though! 

It is currently strung with D'Addario Pro-Arté hard-tension strings. This does not make the guitar 'harder' to play - on the contrary, you can dig in more (especially with a plectrum) without causing buzzing and tuning issues. They could do with changing, but I am including a fresh set plus a set of Savarez strings as spares.

I played this very guitar, with a plectrum, on this demo: Don't Speak solo

Comes with thickly padded Tribal Planet gig bag (with neck support), instructions, correct Allen key for the truss rod, and Schaller strap locks to match the strap buttons on the guitar.

There are a few minor scuffs and scratches, otherwise the photos give a good indication of the guitar's overall condition. The dots in the close-up pic of the bridge are tiny raindrops btw!

Price is £625 £575 £525 collected from Swindon, Wiltshire. I can't offer courier delivery as I don't have a hard case so as to be able to insure against damage. However, I may be able to deliver to your home or workplace in person for a contribution towards my diesel costs - PM me with your location if you want to discuss this option. No trades thanks.

• By EdLib-3
      DR Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Bass Guitar strings with a round core, handmade in the USA.   Long scale 4 string set / string gauges 45-65-85-105     New and unopened; these are the best sounding and longest lasting Phosphor Bronze Acoustic Bass strings I've ever played and very difficult to get in the UK - totally worth the money! Price includes cost of signed for post (posted in the UK only). Payment by bank transfer or PayPal Gift would be good.   Here is my feedback from previous Basschat dealings for assurance of an honest transaction:   https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/306417-feedback-for-edlib-3/
    • By 1966powers
      I sell this beautiful Eminence Upright Acoustic Bass.
      The finish of this instrument is totally different from the others as it has a french polish.
      Sound very similar to amplified double bass. It has a Realist pickup installed.
      Foldable stand. 
       Padded soft bag (20mm foam) with handles and back straps.
      I give a Krivo magnetic pick up.

Specs: 
      Length: 1,60 m ( 62,99 in) Without endpin. 
      Weight: 6 kg. (13,22 lb) Incl. gigbag
      Neck: Maple.      Fingerboard: Ebony. 
      Top: Laminate Spruce.     Back: Laminated Flamed Maple.
      Ribs: Laminated Flamed Maple. 7,6 cm. (2,99 in)
      Scale: 105 cm. (41,33 in)
      Body Size: 26 x 82 cm. ( 10,23 x 32,28 in)
      Bassbar and Soundpost: Spruce.
      Bridge: Maple adjustable.
      Tailpiece: Solid Brass.
      Removable Wooden Waist Extension. 
      Anti-rotational endpin, the Steady-Foot.