Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

19 minutes ago, eloisa said:

Do you or someone else here have a link to this Live?

I would like to know what they really said about this topic,  if they even talked about it. That there is a message displayed about a study says nothing about the opinion of Fox News or their viewers.

By the way on my search I only found this picture:

StudyFansofPsy-TranceMusicmaybepsychotic.jpg.fc406919896593b84bcd78f2d7cf4f25.jpg

Nope sorry just a flippant comment. I don’t watch Fox News. I just presumed it was a parody rather than a real news story.

@SumOne

@tegs07

@Reggaebass

Yes it´s a fake, the picture I found already proved it, you can put everything in the text if you want.

The manipulated picture, your comments and reactions here clearly show how quickly opinions are formed,  judgments are made. It shows how easy something is simply believed, even if it is absolutely devoid of any basis.

Just now, eloisa said:

@SumOne

@tegs07

@Reggaebass

Yes it´s a fake, the picture I found already proved it, you can put everything in the text if you want.

The manipulated picture, your comments and reactions here clearly show how quickly opinions are formed,  judgments are made. It shows how easy something is simply believed, even if it is absolutely devoid of any basis.

As I said I thought it was a parody of moral panic “news” rather than a something to be taken seriously. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, eloisa said:

@SumOne

@tegs07

@Reggaebass

I don’t watch Fox News and didn’t really take it seriously, thanks for doing some research eloisa 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tegs07 said:

As I said I thought it was a parody of moral panic “news” rather than a something to be taken seriously. 

What you wrote was an insulting judgment on Fox News fans, so it's not an indication that you think it's a parody. I pointed that out.

Just now, eloisa said:

What you wrote was an insulting judgment on Fox News fans, so it's not an indication that you think it's a parody. I pointed that out.

If I have offended you sorry. Im not a fan of Rupert Murdoch, News Corp or Fox news. I find their output to be a little distasteful. Others are free to form their own opinions.

15 minutes ago, tegs07 said:

If I have offended you sorry. Im not a fan of Rupert Murdoch, News Corp or Fox news. I find their output to be a little distasteful. Others are free to form their own opinions.

You didn't offended me, but the fans of this station in general. You could clearly see your attitude.

Just now, eloisa said:

You didn't offended me, but the fans of this station in general. You could clearly see your attitude.

My attitude is that blaming heavy metal or computer games for the ills of society via dodgy news channels is a little disingenuous. So I thought it was a parody of this and a little amusing hence the glib comment. Think we will let this one lie now and get back to reggae.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, I’ve been catching up on Bunny Wailers album , Rock and groove, this is the title track and such a great Bassline, the album is worth a listen if you haven’t already heard it 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eloisa said:

@SumOne

@tegs07

@Reggaebass

I wasn't really taking it seriously and checking for peer reviews, more of a joke meme than anything else. 

Saying that though, just because someone else manipulated a version of it doesn't prove the Bass one is fake. That Dailly Mail article from this week says Bass music = Psychotic (re-hashing old 'evidence'), so it wouldn't be that odd for Fox to pick up on it. 

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, SumOne said:

Saying that though, just because someone else manipulated a version of it doesn't prove the Bass one is fake.

It proves how easy it is to manipulate a picture, and 2 of this type with slightly different statements suggest that it is fake. Especially since I couldn't find anything really relevant to the topic online (including the Daily Mail article).

56 minutes ago, SumOne said:

so it wouldn't be that odd for Fox to pick up on it. 

Seriously?, and I thought until now this is a political news channel.

@tegs07
The point is that the fake was believed unchecked (however you interpreted that or not), and not only from you. Unfortunately a very common practice these days.

See my post -> https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/395084-the-reggae-thread/?do=findComment&comment=5152544

I'm going to say goodbye here now.

Normal reggae service has been resumed with this new one from Loneark , I think it has an old school vibe and a new bass player to me, Ras Brasz Aleixo, I think he’s in the Reggae - Bush Doctors

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

Normal reggae service has been resumed with this new one from Loneark , I think it has an old school vibe and a new bass player to me, Ras Brasz Aleixo, I think he’s in the Reggae - Bush Doctors

That is rather splendid, great production and playing.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ezbass said:

That is rather splendid, great production and playing.

Thanks ez, loneark have got quite a variety of different styles, it’s worth a look if you’ve got the time and some good artists on there too 

• Thanks 1