Why become a member? ×

The Reggae Thread

Reggaebass

Anyone here happen to know where any DJ Derek mixes are online? I can't find any, there are some tribute mixes and a Spotify playlist of music he played, I can't find any recordings of him live though.

Oh my, I came across this from a friend on another reggae group, the track To Be Rich is just amazing,  it’s country/dub style backed by members of Dub Syndicate and the Roots Radics , it sounds like Flabba on bass to me but not sure, what’s not to like 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

country/dub style

I’m not a reggae aficionado like most here and that term was new to me. Fortunately, the style didn’t turn out to be some unholy mashup that the phrase implies. Phew!  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I’m not a reggae aficionado like most here and that term was new to me. Fortunately, the style didn’t turn out to be some unholy mashup that the phrase implies. Phew!  

yeah I know what you mean 😁, it doesn’t really come across as country , I think it’s more that some reggae artists were influenced by it at some point, check this out 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 09/04/2024 at 17:02, taunton-hobbit said:

😎

A freaking classic. In the clubs, they would play this (I'm sure they still do back where I'm from). The whole crowd would start singing, and when he came down to the last 2 lines, we all would just go nuts. every. single. time. :D

• Like 2

Looking forward to hearing this, I’ve heard the original concert but I’m guessing the edited version will be really good , and apparently by using an app you can also see some of the footage that was filmed in the prison 

IMG_0824.jpeg

• Like 2