police squad

Sold Steinberger XL-2 1984 May trade for the right P bass. See inside
£2500
Deal and Folkestone

Would consider a trade for the early 80s Precision special. The active one with matching headstock. Prefer Lake placis blue with maple board or candy apple red

I have decided to put my Steinberger back up for sale. I tried a while back but was tired of the lowball offers, so I removed it from sale.

It's in really amazing condition, it's not mint but it is very good. It has 2 extra strap buttons on its base, which prevents damage if you lean it against something.

It has its original gig bag.

I'm not in any hurry as I don't need to sell it, it's just time someone started using it. I've only used it in my Police tribute band.

I can courier in the UK but I would rather meet up, I'm prepared to meet part way if that helps

More photos if required, just PM me

steinberger xl2 001.JPG

steinberger xl2 002.JPG

steinberger xl2 004.JPG

steinberger 001.JPG

steinberger 002.JPG

Edited by police squad
trades added
  • Like 7

Such an incredible piece of industrial design. I can look at this thing all day. Bizarre to think the same guy came up with the amorphous Spector NS. Good luck with the sale!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 09/01/2020 at 14:57, ZilchWoolham said:

Such an incredible piece of industrial design. I can look at this thing all day. Bizarre to think the same guy came up with the amorphous Spector NS. Good luck with the sale!

Agree 100% regarding the Steinberger: one of the pinnacles of bass guitar design IMO.

Disagree 100% regarding the 'amorphous' Spector description: one of the pinnacles of bass guitar design IMO (and yes, Warwick 'borrowed' the design). 

I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I had the funds.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mrbassman_de
      Selling my legendary Steinberger graphite paddle bass, an XL2 from 1992.
      Condition is very good. Everything works fine. The neck is straight and the action could be set very low. The leg rest is the newer one. Frets are in very good shape and still have years of life on them.
      Original EMG pickups. This bass has the rare detuner on the E string. It works perfectly and could adjust the E string to a low D in a heartbeat. Just put a fresh set of GHS double ball end strings on it.
      The gigbag is not original I guess and is not the most reliable one. There are better ones available in the market - but it still does the job.
      These Steinbergers are perfect travel basses as they are not as sensitive against climate changes like its wooden sisters. Plus the size reduced to a minimum what a 34" could be.
      I am asking 2300 GBP or 2500 EUR plus shipping from Duesseldorf/Germany. This is the lowest price I can see anywhere in the web today. No trades please.
      Sorry for the poor pics - I had no better lighting available today. I will upgrade them as soon as possible.

• By Hellzero
      Due to the Covid-19 situation and severe back problems (66% officially disabled because of it) plus right shoulder injury (non-operable capsulitis from which, after more than 3 years, I will never fully recover), I'm selling all my basses over 4 kilos and also the ones I'm not really using. I've also considerably lowered the price for a quick sale.

KRAMER The Duke Deluxe Trans Red, 1981, no Hondo Alien !!!

NO TRADES !
      NON NEGOTIABLE PRICE !

Asking price including shipping fully insured with tracking number to your place in these European countries (ask for other countries) : Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France (excluding French overseas departments and territories), Germany, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxemburg, Monaco, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom : £399 GBP !!!

In fully working condition, fully original (except for the added strap button for better balance, one tuner and the two knobs) and in very good overall condition.

Here are the specifications :
      Body : flamed maple (very hard to photograph)
      Neck : aluminium with flamed maple inserts and perfect neck joint
      Fingerboard : ebonol (bakelite, in fact) with aluminium side and front dots
      Frets : 24 (slightly marked)
      Headstock : none as it's a headless
      Pickup : 1 original DiMarzio Twin Jazz
      Controls : volume, tone, 3 positions switch for parallel / split / series
      Tuners : 3 unbranded + 1 Gotoh
      Bridge : original Schaller 3D-4
      Strings spacing at bridge : 18.5 mm
      Nut : none with zero fret
      Strings spacing at nut : 11.5 mm
      Knobs : 2 non original metal dome
      Scale : 30.5 inches
      Hardware colour : chrome and aluminium
      Truss rod : none and perfect very slight relief whatever strings gauge you may put
      Finish : high gloss trans red
      Land of craftsmanship : USA
      Serial number : B1577
      Year : 1981
      Weight : 3.665 kilos
      Action : from 1.5 mm under the G string to 2 mm under the E string at 12th fret (can go lower, but was perfect for me)

Will come with the original Kramer hard case in bad condition and a RockBag.

Non-smoking environment as usual.

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has been fitted with a brand new set of D'Addario Nickel Round Wound EXL220 strings (40 - 60 - 75 - 95).

This bass, despite its age, is still very modern sounding. There is no skid pad on this one and it seems that there's never been one.

Link to the Kramer vintage aluminium page : http://www.vintagekramer.com/alum.htm

What you see is what you get !

Look at the photos taken under different angles to see the fantastic condition for an almost 40 years old bass (only very small blemishes at the rear of the neck and some dings and scratches, plus a relocated at the front strap button leaving a small hole) ! All the photos are here : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ODMfzU3efWttew2JpAbaNZv2hTHZMom1?usp=sharing

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

• By Cla
      I'm selling this amazing Steinberger XL2 bass.. serial number 3654.
      It was made in New York in 1986 .
      Both original gigbag and strap are included .

• By OriginalGBass
      Hi There
      This has clearly been well looked after, its pretty clean for the year with the odd small knock and scrap here and there, I would say this is a really good example of a 36yr old instrument. 
      This is an E-Series bass dated 1984-87, with the "Made In Japan" inscription denoting it was likely made in the FujiGen Gakki factory for Fender US during the factory production refining in the US during this period. Comes with a brand new set of Dimarzio Model P pickups, 
      This thing punches like a beef steak hitting a barn door! original pickups are included in the sale too, should you wish to revert back. Everything else is stock. It also comes with a nearly new Hiscox hardcase.
      Action is medium low, neck is straight and truss-rod works as it should. Neck profile is identical to my 63 reissue, which is also the same as the '62 I believe, very comfortable, wide but not too deep. Fretboard is a very dark rosewood, almost verging on ebony in tone, its beautiful! Frets are good, loads of play in them yet.
      Ive included loads of pictures in order to be as transparent as possible, believe me when I say this is a 100% solid instrument, and will make anyone looking for a P very happy i'm sure. Happy to meet up socially distanced at an appropriate place, or happy to ship via insured and tracked courier at my expense.

Any questions please get in touch! 

Kind Regards

Greg