police squad

Sold Steinberger XL-2 1984 May trade for the right P bass. See inside
£2500
Deal and Folkestone

Posted (edited)

Would consider a trade for the early 80s Precision special. The active one with matching headstock. Prefer Lake placis blue with maple board or candy apple red

I have decided to put my Steinberger back up for sale. I tried a while back but was tired of the lowball offers, so I removed it from sale.

It's in really amazing condition, it's not mint but it is very good. It has 2 extra strap buttons on its base, which prevents damage if you lean it against something.

It has its original gig bag.

I'm not in any hurry as I don't need to sell it, it's just time someone started using it. I've only used it in my Police tribute band.

I can courier in the UK but I would rather meet up, I'm prepared to meet part way if that helps

More photos if required, just PM me

steinberger xl2 001.JPG

steinberger xl2 002.JPG

steinberger xl2 004.JPG

steinberger 001.JPG

steinberger 002.JPG

Edited by police squad
trades added
  • Like 7

Such an incredible piece of industrial design. I can look at this thing all day. Bizarre to think the same guy came up with the amorphous Spector NS. Good luck with the sale!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ah I miss my XL2 transitional - these are thunderous basses with just a glorious feel and sound. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 09/01/2020 at 14:57, ZilchWoolham said:

Such an incredible piece of industrial design. I can look at this thing all day. Bizarre to think the same guy came up with the amorphous Spector NS. Good luck with the sale!

Agree 100% regarding the Steinberger: one of the pinnacles of bass guitar design IMO.

Disagree 100% regarding the 'amorphous' Spector description: one of the pinnacles of bass guitar design IMO (and yes, Warwick 'borrowed' the design). 

I'd buy this in a heartbeat if I had the funds.

• Like 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cla
      I'm selling this amazing Steinberger XL2 bass.. serial number 3654.
      It was made in New York in 1986 .
      Both original gigbag and strap are included .

• By OriginalGBass
      Hi There
      This has clearly been well looked after, its pretty clean for the year with the odd small knock and scrap here and there, I would say this is a really good example of a 36yr old instrument. 
      This is an E-Series bass dated 1984-87, with the "Made In Japan" inscription denoting it was likely made in the FujiGen Gakki factory for Fender US during the factory production refining in the US during this period. Comes with a brand new set of Dimarzio Model P pickups, 
      This thing punches like a beef steak hitting a barn door! original pickups are included in the sale too, should you wish to revert back. Everything else is stock. It also comes with a nearly new Hiscox hardcase.
      Action is medium low, neck is straight and truss-rod works as it should. Neck profile is identical to my 63 reissue, which is also the same as the '62 I believe, very comfortable, wide but not too deep. Fretboard is a very dark rosewood, almost verging on ebony in tone, its beautiful! Frets are good, loads of play in them yet.
      Ive included loads of pictures in order to be as transparent as possible, believe me when I say this is a 100% solid instrument, and will make anyone looking for a P very happy i'm sure. Happy to meet up socially distanced at an appropriate place, or happy to ship via insured and tracked courier at my expense.

Any questions please get in touch! 

Kind Regards

Greg

• By TAzMilitello
      [NOW SOLD] this awesome Steinberger XQ-5, made in USA. Ash body, famous Graphite composite neck.
      The serial is TN-16069, model XQSTD5CB, cherry burst, dated June 2, 1996, before of Steinberger by "Music Yo" with Moses neck.
      Completely original except for the preamp which is a Sadowsky equivalent with the possibility of Active/Passive mode, purchased separately, and a screw at the top of the bolt-on which has been replaced and has a double battery compartment.
      This model with the Bartolini has a really good attack but a more balanced and softer sound than the brothers with Duncan or EMG.
      Perfectly working. Original soft case included.
      Built in the famous Tennessee plant, under the supervision of Gibson who had taken over the company and who continued to use the components of the previous Q5 models. Definitely more aesthetically pleasing (for this reason in fact Gibson had imposed a change of products line), and lighter as it has an ash body, with a very firm and balanced sound, with woods supplied directly by Gibson stocks, they are in fact even better balanced compared to the previous Q models that instead have a maple body.
      Foreign Currency: about payments different from the Euros currency you can pay by clicking using this ►Transferwise bank transfer◄ link.
      ABOUT SHIPPING:
      Bass is located in Italy (Sicily). No problems for international fast shipping:
      *Shipping prices include shockproof packaging but without insurance, which must be calculated separately.
      To Italy: 30€ (1/2 working days) To Ireland/Great Britain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To Germany and Austria: 45€ (3/4 working days) To Spain: 60€ (4/5 working days) To France: 65€ (4/5 working days) To Lithuania: 75€ (4/5 working days) To Romania: 80€ (4/5 working days) To Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands: 65€ (3/4 working days) To Czech Republic (CZ): 80€ (4/5 working days) To USA and Canada: 130€ (6/8 working days)  

• By lowregisterhead
      For sale is a Steinberger Spirit XT-25 fretless. I bought this on eBay a while ago, a bit of a spur-of-the-moment purchase. It's actually a really playable bass with a great range of tones, but I slightly overestimated my abilities on fretless, so it hasn't had a great deal of use! I know they say you should persevere with these things, but I'm getting old and cantankerous, and I'm looking for the path of least resistance these days...
      I can't seem to find a new fretless version of this bass online, and it's not listed on Steinberger's website as a option, so the fretless fingerboard must have been added later. If so, whoever did the work made a very nice job of it. The neck-edge dots are on the fret positions.
      It's in good used condition (see photos) with a lovely rosewood fingerboard, and everything works. It plays beautifully, and sounds great. Comes complete with its gig bag.
      NOW SOLD.