Why become a member? ×

Warwick Singlecut

acidbass

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='536278' date='Jul 9 2009, 10:57 AM']Didn't Status come up with the original Buzzard design with J.E.? Witness the original "beaky" headstock which has recently reverted to the usual paddle type.[/quote]

I recall a lot of legal issues with Warwick and Status, I'm sure someone can tell us the story.

[quote name='acidbass' post='536151' date='Jul 9 2009, 01:36 AM']And the winner is -

[attachment=28534:singlecut1.jpg]

Looks a bit generic to me? Personally I much preferred these designs -

[attachment=28535:singlecut2.jpg]

[attachment=28536:singlecut3.jpg]

I think I might actually have bought one had they won! Oh well, the Warwick playing public have spoken :)[/quote]

It's the ugliest thing in the world. It was probably all the Warwick-haters who voted for it just so they can bitch and bark some more about how righteous they are.

I voted for the ones you prefer too. They look ace. I would have the white one as a fretless four like a shot.

Edited by silddx

[quote name='Lfalex v1.1' post='536278' date='Jul 9 2009, 10:57 AM']Didn't Status come up with the original Buzzard design with J.E.? Witness the original "beaky" headstock which has recently reverted to the usual paddle type.[/quote]

Wasn't it JE's design, hence Status no longer being able to make them after Warwick did?

[quote name='simon1964' post='391895' date='Jan 26 2009, 05:48 PM']Wasn't the Vampyre designed through a similar contest? Not sure whether that's a good precedent or not![/quote]

I'd have to say that it wasn't (and thats as a long time fan of Warwick basses). However, I really like the winning design, it looks very classy and retains the Warwick character. I'm sure it will sound just like an uber Thumb NT if they use a bubinga body. The other two ACG style designs posted here I don't really like. They just don't look like Warwick basses! It's a passable shape for sure though.