Why become a member? ×

Playing in Church.

Sardonicus

We had a great Easter morning service on Sunday.  The church was packed (we can seat 150 people) and we played five great songs;

Come People of the Risen King.

See What A Morning.

Who Is This Man? (Kids' song from Emu Music)

Living Hope.

Glory To Jesus (Thine Be The Glory)

A good band line-up of male and female vocals, semi-acoustic guitar, bass guitar (me), oboe (my wife), drums and keyboard had the congregation singing loud enough to cover up all my mistakes!  There were fun and games for the kids while getting the Easter message across and hot cross buns and chocolate egg nest cakes with tea and coffee.  People stayed long after the service had finished for fellowship and food.

Then some of us met up at a church member's house for a meal in the afternoon.  The group consisted of; Three people from Egypt (our hosts), five from India (four of whom worked in London but were visiting one of our church members) one guy from Brazil with his English wife and their two boys plus five of us from the UK.  We had great food and fun games.  Our church contains people from all over the world, from South Africa and the Philippines to Asia and Eastern Europe.  A few months ago we had an afternoon get-together where the various nationalities brought food from their countries and we learned about how they were trying to adapt to the British culture.  There were some funny situations recounted.  I can recommend Filipino Chicken for lunch!  Christian fellowship at its best.  I feel blessed to belong to such a diverse yet united family.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Owen said:

@Rosie C I saw this and thought of you.

Mmm, that looks a sweet instrument. My first one will be much more of an economy model, but if it plays well I might look at getting another made to a higher spec.

2 minutes ago, LukeFRC said:

a mandocello does not look like I thought one would look like hearing the word!

They do vary a lot. I've attached photos of my current two, and @Owen has likely seen my build thread for one built from an Gibson SG style guitar. 

mando - 1.jpeg

mando - 2.jpeg

• Like 1