Why become a member? ×

First Gig Excitement

steantval

After ten months of rehearsals we have our first gig on Saturday night at Mama Liz's Voodoo Lounge in Stamford, Lincs.

We are all seasoned musicians who have been playing live for many years but there is still the excitement of playing your first live gig with a new formed band.

We all currently play in other bands but we all have a passion for the band from the late sixties and early seventies called FREE, so we decided to form a musical tribute to them, it's certainly not a look a like band.

It's been a real pleasure learning the cool laid back basslines of Andy Fraser.

[url="http://www.myspace.com/stealer1"]www.myspace.com/stealer1[/url]

We do a lot of Paul Rodger stuff as well - Wishing Well, Overloaded, Can't Get Enough & Louisiana Blues.

We got our band name from the second track - first time I've ever been the one to name a band before.

Aye, good luck. We're playing tonight as well. Its going to be full of people I was at school with 16 years ago.

[quote name='steantval' post='382795' date='Jan 16 2009, 08:31 PM']...we all have a passion for the band from the late sixties and early seventies called FREE...[/quote]

Not wanting to sound pedantic, but there's no reason to put Free in capitals! I know there's some young'uns on the list and if they haven't heard any Free then they need to shape up and go listen to some of their bass heritage.

Good luck with the gig. Love first gigs.

P

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='383464' date='Jan 17 2009, 06:40 PM']Not wanting to sound pedantic, but there's no reason to put Free in capitals! I know there's some young'uns on the list and if they haven't heard any Free then they need to shape up and go listen to some of their bass heritage.

Good luck with the gig. Love first gigs.

P[/quote]

I've heard of Free not a fan then again I find most Blues/Rock monotanous.

We had an awesome first gig with STEALER last night.
The venue was superb, as was the in house PA and sound guy.
A really receptive crowd made it a night to remember.
One minor complaint, although my Mark Bass rig was only just ticking over, some folks in the restuarant two floors up were complaining their plates and cutlery were rattling on the table.

That's the first one out of the way and now really looking forward to the next one in two weeks time.