Why become a member? ×

well its arrived db112&little mark11

lowfer

Hi all,

thought i would share with you my recent addition.

Little mark11 with Aguilar db112 in Chocolate thunder. What can i say, lovely. Only arrived this morning but had an hour and i am off to rehearsal tonight so should be able to give a better run down as to its ability.

Also like to say that Darren at Bass Merchant has been excellent and very hyelpful, would highly recomend. Ordered yesterday arrived today and did me a cracking deal.

Only thing of note is that the cab is bigger and heavier than expected. Not a problem but not light weight solution, but much easier than my old ashdown mag 400 15 combo.

Well let people know what its like at high volume after tonight and get some pics up for your appreciation.

Nathan

I'll chime in quickly and say that I still really love my Markbass F1 / Aguilar GS112 combination for quiet rehearsals. I was amazed at the first bass bash when I heard Alan (NiceGuyHomer) using an LMII with 2 GS122's.. I wouldn't mind giving two Gs212's a go together either!

Lookin' forward to hearing the review!

Hi all requested some pics for your appreciation. Will wite a review wehn i get round to it. All i can say at the moment is wow, the tone is so thick and creamy and full that one note will do where i would have had to work harder in the past. Love the chocolate thunder, not as orange looking as on the Aguilar web site. Any way here you go

hope you like

Lowfer

Aaa cute.. I want to hug it!! Until it growls back and rips my head off... 'Chocolate Thunder' sounds like the description of it's sound... Thick, tastey and rumbles like nothing else on earth!!

[quote name='Higgie' post='392037' date='Jan 26 2009, 07:21 PM']Tilt that thing the right way up you nutter, you'll rip the chocolate off!! :)

I'm thinking of grabbing me 2 of these cabs and an AG500, would you say they are THAT heavy?[/quote]

James, I hefted these about a fair bit at the Bassmerchant the other day when I bought my AG500 - I had actually gone there to A/B the DB112 against my GS112 with the intention of buying new cabs ;)
They are perfectly manageable in the 12" format, it's the 2x10" and upwards that starts to get heavy quickly. I certainly wouldn't worry about the weight of these and I have a pretty bad back.

Lovely little rig lowfer, congratulations :P

I loved the sound of the DB's and felt they suit my tastes slightly better than the GS's but I was chatting to another basschatter at the time who made me realise that they might not be all that rugged for lugging around to gigs etc with the cloth grilles and peened corners so I decided to stick with the GS112's...

Still, good excuse to have bought the AG500 instead!

J

[quote name='Buzz' post='392148' date='Jan 26 2009, 09:18 PM']Sorry, but who names a colour Chocolate Thunder?

All it does is serve to conjure up an image of having an epic fart and following through.[/quote]

Well, it certainly does now... ;)

[quote name='Legion' post='392091' date='Jan 26 2009, 08:29 PM']James, I hefted these about a fair bit at the Bassmerchant the other day when I bought my AG500 - I had actually gone there to A/B the DB112 against my GS112 with the intention of buying new cabs ;)
They are perfectly manageable in the 12" format, it's the 2x10" and upwards that starts to get heavy quickly. I certainly wouldn't worry about the weight of these and I have a pretty bad back.

Lovely little rig lowfer, congratulations :P

I loved the sound of the DB's and felt they suit my tastes slightly better than the GS's but I was chatting to another basschatter at the time who made me realise that they might not be all that rugged for lugging around to gigs etc with the cloth grilles and peened corners so I decided to stick with the GS112's...

Still, good excuse to have bought the AG500 instead!

J[/quote]

Hi mate,

Thanks for the advice. That's the main reason I was going for the 12's. They seemed pretty small and light, yet not compromising any of the sound for their weight. Just gotta find me some second hand ones! Looking to get one with a tweeter and one without, so that if I use one cab I got a choice of tweeter or not, and if I use both cabs, it'd act like a 212 with 1 tweeter :)

Cheers

(sorry for the thread hijack!!)

Can't comment on the DB112 but I'm loving my GS112. Unbelievable performance from such a small cabinet (better than a lot of 1x15 cabs I've owned!

Always fancied 2 DB112s in Black and Silver with a Chrome Ashdown ABM head. Now I have the head coming from Flanker so maybe I'll make the whole rig real somewhere along the way!

they are easily manageable weight wise for a one hand lift, but to be fair if i was going up a flight of stairs then i woul use both hands to carry (pussy that i am). Much lighter than my mag400 15 combo, but you would expect that. My big surprise is just how much bass this pumps out. Gets the plate wrattling in the kitchen at very low volumes, much more so than the 15. All round very happy indeed great tone, nearly there with my sound, flat wounds next as still a bit shrill on the g string or may be nickel wound for the half way house. If you are looking for a relatively light weight managable rig that has tone a plenty and kicks out as much bass as you want then i would highly recomend thir rig. Plan another DB112 NT in the future to give me a full on gig rig, may be over kill but i can always turn the volume nob down a little.

And yes fits in a Karman Ghia,

Lowfer

[quote name='lowfer' post='392557' date='Jan 27 2009, 11:27 AM']they are easily manageable weight wise for a one hand lift, but to be fair if i was going up a flight of stairs then i woul use both hands to carry (pussy that i am). Much lighter than my mag400 15 combo, but you would expect that. My big surprise is just how much bass this pumps out. Gets the plate wrattling in the kitchen at very low volumes, much more so than the 15. All round very happy indeed great tone, nearly there with my sound, flat wounds next as still a bit shrill on the g string or may be nickel wound for the half way house. If you are looking for a relatively light weight managable rig that has tone a plenty and kicks out as much bass as you want then i would highly recomend thir rig. Plan another DB112 NT in the future to give me a full on gig rig, may be over kill but i can always turn the volume nob down a little.

And yes fits in a Karman Ghia,

Lowfer[/quote]

I've not tried the DB series but use a Markbass LMK and a GS212. It has wheels! Yay!