Why become a member? ×

Anyone travelling down South from Liverpool in the next few months?

Brook_fan

I have been offered the opportunity to buy back my beloved Brook bass that I was forced to sell 2 years ago.  It’s this one here.

The thing is it’s currently sitting up in Liverpool and I need to get it down to Lymington in Hampshire.  Is anyone travelling between the North of England and either Southampton or Bournemouth over the next couple of months?  I don’t really want to have it shipped as it’s in a soft Gator case, and is bloody huge!

Here’s hoping 😊

Robbie

EE789DB2-C346-428F-9394-3861289E9F25.jpeg

• 1 month later...

Sorry not to get back to you Stub. Probably too late now. 

Is anyone else travelling south from Liverpool anytime soon? Even if I could get it a little bit nearer to the south (eg Bristol, or London).

Heres hoping, as this bass has never been played by the guy who bought it, and has remained unplayed and neglected for two years now. Heartbreaking to see such a wonderful instrument go neglected.

Robbie

Ok, I have been investigating getting a train from Bournemouth up to Manchester and back, but can you believe it, it’s going to cost £122 😱

If anyone is able to collect it from Manchester/ Salford and bring it down anywhere near Southampton or Bournemouth I would be very happy to contribute something to their petrol 😊. Going to be a helluva lot cheaper than a train!

7 hours ago, Merton said:

I’m in Manchester/Salford on Wednesday night and Thursday. Could get it to Surrey (very close to Gatwick Airport) for you for the weekend?

Oh wow, that sounds like a possibility. I won’t be able to collect it this weekend, but possibly the next. Let me see if this will work out with the guy who is looking after it. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, really appreciate it 😊

Bass now in Surrey 😎

Funny thing, Leo (the chap on the left) literally lives 600 yards from the customer I was visiting today. So journey from the hotel to the customer went past his house without even so much as a single road extra to consider. Superb serendipity methinks

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Thank you so much to Martin for doing this for me. I have never met a bass player who isn't also a lovely human being and Martin is no exception. On the train home back to the New Forest now, and looking forward to reaquenting with this beast. I feel it still had lots more music itching to get out, which is no surprise as it's lain dormant and unplayed for nearly 2 years now.

Robbie

• Like 2