Why become a member? ×

'91 USA 60/61 Stack-Knob Jazz reissue with J-Retro sold

warwickhunt

I've revisited the Fender range and decided they aren't for me!

This shouldn't need much explaining, it is what it says! Has the reverse tuners, grooved bridge saddles, extra headstock strap button, case candy as shown complete with bridge and pup covers. No case just a gigbag.

It has been gigged and there are a few dints and dinks on the bottom of the bass, if it was a bit older people would be waxing lyrical about 'mojo', as it is they are just dings! The playability and tone however are fantastic. This bass was stunning with the standard stack-knob controls but the J-retro lifted it into another level and if slap is your thang even I can do it on this beauty (and that says something); no fighting with the neck, it plays itself.

I'm interested in trades/swaps amp/cab/bass/WHY (I'd even consider a straight sale) but nothing cheap and chatty and no P or J basses, unless you are giving me a wedge of folding stuff as well.

[b][size=4]£675 (with J-Retro) £575 (without) OFFERS now accepted
[/size][/b]

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='Sibob' post='38872' date='Jul 30 2007, 11:44 AM']Beautiful bass!

Lemme know if you fancy a '99 Jazz Deluxe in trade :)
3 band EQ and everything lol

Good luck!
Si[/quote]

Thanks for the offer Si but I'm not getting the Fender thing! The neck and tones from this bass 'probably' surpass my Warwicks but I just can't get on with that big old body. Strange as I played a Fender Jazz for years and thought I'd be able to find house space for one.

I might possibly be interested in the J-retro if you go ahead with the splitting!

It would be pending any answers/opinions in my thread [topic="3657"]HERE[/topic]

Cheers dude
Si

[quote name='Geejay' post='38968' date='Jul 30 2007, 02:11 PM']Hi,
How much are you after? What about a Status Energy 1 plus cash? With or without the J Retro

Geejay[/quote]

Hmmm. Only ever had one Status/Washburn bass and it was a headless jobbie. I don't think I'd keep a bass like that and you've not had success at selling it yourself so I'd be hesitant to try and resell it if we did a deal. I realise you're looking for a trad Jazz bass and this would be just up your street (even without the JR) so I'd prefer to keep options open and cross my fingers that you get a buyer for your bass.

Cheers
John

[quote name='barneythedog' post='39166' date='Jul 30 2007, 07:18 PM']well if you fancy an ATK 400 in px ..........? :)[/quote]

From what I remember of that Ibanez range they were as big, if not bigger, than Fenders; so probably no good for me! Thanks for the offer.

[quote name='nash' post='40146' date='Aug 1 2007, 06:57 PM']the screw holes on the body are out of place aswell[/quote]

Not sure what you mean! I've placed the bridge cover exactly where the screw holes are placed... is this incorrect? I've been playing it sans cover and I'd never profess to being a Fender aficionado, so don't know otherwise!

The Bridge cover should cover the bridge pickup it's been mounted too close to the end of the body. The USA reissues come without the cover fitted (unlike the custom shops) so it looks like someone has fitted the bridge cover in the wrong place.....

A clumsy mistake but not then end of the world, after all who's gonna play the Bass with the bridge cover on ?

Mark

[quote name='Marcus' post='40175' date='Aug 1 2007, 07:58 PM']The Bridge cover should cover the bridge pickup it's been mounted too close to the end of the body. The USA reissues come without the cover fitted (unlike the custom shops) so it looks like someone has fitted the bridge cover in the wrong place.....

A clumsy mistake but not then end of the world, after all who's gonna play the Bass with the bridge cover on ?

Mark[/quote]

Looks like it was originally drilled for a Precision Bass cover. At least if redrilled correctly the ashtray will cover the old holes
Chris

Didn't give it a whole lot of thought when I aligned the the bridge cover but I did think it was strange that it didn't cover the rear pup. I have since contacted the original owner and he confessed to placing the cover where it suited him rather than what was historically correct. He liked to play with the cover on (WHY!) but as near to the rear pup as possible.

As you say not the end of the world by a long chalk and very easily remedied.

[quote name='nash' post='40178' date='Aug 1 2007, 08:09 PM']i agree with you both. i just spotted it is all. the bass is sweet.[/quote]

Yep, that is one sexy bass and, like Mark said, no-one ever plays 'em with the trays on anyway (unless you're the bassist in My Chemical Romance)
Chris