Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender MIJ '75 Reissue Jazz

Beedster

[attachment=18439:CIMG0350.JPG][attachment=18440:CIMG0351.JPG]
[attachment=18441:CIMG0352.JPG][attachment=18442:CIMG0353.JPG]

A recent acquisition from Tony (sshorepunk) which has been ousted by the still more recent acqusiition of a '69 Jazz. It's a great looking and feeling bass, I've used at a few rehearsals and it's got agreat punchy tone also (original listing is [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34199&hl=)"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=34199&hl=)[/url]

I paid £350 and would like to get that back.

Cheers

Chris

Edited by Beedster

Bump for pics above

Bass has now been 'on hold' for three different BCers, none of whom had any cash or a Precision ;) . Much as I'd like to help out, I don't really want to hold this until payday :P

Will go to ebay at £375 BIN tomorrow evening if there's no interest here

Cheers
Chris

[quote name='Legion' post='376127' date='Jan 10 2009, 01:48 PM']Sent you a text Chris ;)[/quote]

And replied Jas - you could always just call me, unless of course you don't want anyone else to overhear the call :P

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='BassKS' post='376269' date='Jan 10 2009, 05:15 PM']EMGd PJ precision CIJ 62 RI (91)?[/quote]

Just realised how many shorthands were there......blimey. drop us an email if youre interested beedster.

[quote name='mr_russ' post='376671' date='Jan 11 2009, 11:27 AM']I miss my one of these terribly - it was the best sounding bass I've owned[/quote]

Thanks Russ, it's certainly a pretty impressive instrument for the money, significantly better than any of the Jazzes I've owned previously (including a US Custom Shop), and largely responsible for my recently renewed faith in Jazz Basses generally. A-B'ed against my '69 it has similar basic tone and growliness, but markedly greater tonal range, iit's a better slap and rock machine than the '69, with crispier highs and a much more prominent bottom end. TBH I was tempted to keep it and run it with rounds whilst putting some flats on the '69, but I'm not sure that three Jazzes and a couple of other Vintage Fenders is a luxury I can afford at this point in time ;)

Chris

PS I will be driving to Southampton later this week so could deliver in that neck of the woods. I can also deliver/meet in the Milton Keynes/southern M1 area, Canterbury/Kent at weekends or London/Surrey pretty much any time ;)

[quote name='King Tut' post='377071' date='Jan 11 2009, 07:45 PM']Milton Keynes.....trade.......swap............MIJ Precision............arse.............girls...........oh feck![/quote]

LOL, it's got your name all over it Col

22 people on BC have expressed an interest in this bass! Not one of 'em however has has either a maple-necked MIJ Precision, £350 of the folding stuff, or a postal address in a part of the World that won't cost > £150 to despatch to

On ebay in about 30 mins at a BIN that means, with the current Euro/Sterling exchange rate, someone in France will have it within 30 secs. Come on guys, let's keep it in BC, it's a stunner of a bass

Chris

[quote name='Beedster' post='377079' date='Jan 11 2009, 08:53 PM']LOL, it's got your name all over it Col

22 people on BC have expressed an interest in this bass! Not one of 'em however has has either a maple-necked MIJ Precision, £350 of the folding stuff, or a postal address in a part of the World that won't cost > £150 to despatch to

On ebay in about 30 mins at a BIN that means, with the current Euro/Sterling exchange rate, someone in France will have it within 30 secs. Come on guys, let's keep it in BC, it's a stunner of a bass

Chris[/quote]

gas attack... pm sent

[quote name='Alemboid' post='377191' date='Jan 11 2009, 10:44 PM'];)

B[/quote]

damn - you made my wife happy woman...
:P

I missed this by 30minutes yesterday, 99 cij for 3600swedish kronor (£300)
[url="http://www.vendolin.se/Annonce_Detail.asp?rub=60003&annonceid=5544668"]http://www.vendolin.se/Annonce_Detail.asp?...nonceid=5544668[/url]

double damn

Edited by girya32