Why become a member? ×

Stingray GAS!

Wil

Kiwi was your that your old Cutlass that sold at the Bass Centre last summer, I love them and nearly bought that one but at the last minute they got this in and I creamed in my pants, since when I was a young cougar growing up in the wilds of Lancashire I always dreamed of a Les Paul Triumph.

[attachment=1516:GLPT.JPG]

Mind you didn't you once say that the neck on that Cutlass was like a bannana?

I have got one of these though
[attachment=1517:MMFL.JPG]

Edited by Mr Cougar

[quote name='Mr Cougar' post='39620' date='Jul 31 2007, 05:17 PM']Mind you didn't you once say that the neck on that Cutlass was like a bannana?[/quote]
I did and it was. But one man's banana is another mans...

...umm, lets just say its a question of player preference.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='39603' date='Jul 31 2007, 04:50 PM']Oy wazz :) - I've been thinking about dropping one of John's preamps into my Ray - especially as it only costs £125 with the mid-sweep. D'ya reckon it's worth doing? How does it sound?[/quote]

Sounds good. If you want to hear it listen to bad girls or boogie oogie oogie at www.beatparty.co.uk. They are recorded with the east fitted ray.

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='39635' date='Jul 31 2007, 05:38 PM']Been there and done that - great stuff wazz - very professional.[/quote]

Nice of you to say so.

I think to my ears the east has less low bottom end than the ray preamp but it has plenty of bottom end at the right frequencies.
It seems to tighten up the sound a lot. I'm yet to hear it with new strings on which I imagine would bring out the mids a lot too.

What I liked was that John supplied me with a complete unit to drop in so I could put the Ray preamp back in if I wanted to with minimum soldering and no drilling.

My turn.....

The union Jack PG has been replaced by black. Just didn't look right.

That's me.. with the dodgy facial hair, lurking furtively behing the Markbass rig.

Really GASsing for a Dargie Delight SR4 at the moment.

Edited by tombboy