Why become a member? ×

Aerodyne Precision

Maude

1 hour ago, Maude said:

Are we talking about the same basses? I've never seen P aerodyne without a scratchplate, a lot of J aerodynes don't have a scratchplate but they are a lot more common as they were produced for longer. 

I definitely want a P style one as I prefer the shape and trans finish. 

Sorry I went off on one. I am not sure the shape is any different but I cannot be sure. I used to think that the P had the wider neck but in the pictures it looks like the neck is the same. The P does have dot inlays and a pickguard but so do some Jazz versions. I do love the trans red.

21 minutes ago, Chienmortbb said:

Sorry I went off on one. I am not sure the shape is any different but I cannot be sure. I used to think that the P had the wider neck but in the pictures it looks like the neck is the same. The P does have dot inlays and a pickguard but so do some Jazz versions. I do love the trans red.

The bodies and styling are totally Precision or Jazz.

The J has a J style offset body with the J arrangement of knobs regardless of control/scratchplate or not and the P has a P style body with P knob layout and scratchplate. 

They both have P/J pickups and, from what I've read, possibly the same necks, some are saying the Aerodyne P neck is slim like a traditional Jazz, but I'm not sure about the necks. 

19 hours ago, stewblack said:

Hey this is Basschat, we don't push in, I will hold off until I hear from you. 

PM returned. 👍

That's very good of you @stewblack.

I've said I'll have it but it's starting to look like it's just too difficult to pin down a time when he's happy to meet up. 

Edited by Maude

22 minutes ago, BrunoBass said:

The seller is a friend of mine.

What's he do for a job, long haul airline pilot? His availability and response to messages is certainly lacking. I'm still awaiting a reply to a message I sent which was read hours ago about going to collect this bass. I'm about to give up because he really doesn't seem interested in selling it. 

11 minutes ago, Maude said:

What's he do for a job, long haul airline pilot? His availability and response to messages is certainly lacking. I'm still awaiting a reply to a message I sent which was read hours ago about going to collect this bass. I'm about to give up because he really doesn't seem interested in selling it. 

Don’t you mean long haul aerodyne pilot? 

Nah, he’s a postman.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BrunoBass said:

Don’t you mean long haul aerodyne pilot? 

Nah, he’s a postman.

Perhaps I'll send him a postcard about it then, it might be quicker 🤞😁

If he doesn't get back to me tomorrow then I'm done with it. I can't drive that distance to hopefully meet someone with such a reluctance to communicate. 🤪 (why can't you delete an emoji BTW)

I might be passing the baton to @stewblackimminently. 

Edited by Maude
  • Like 2

Hmm, the more I look into it the more it's looking like the green eyed monster is eating him. 

I had first spoken with him about buying it before Christmas but I couldn't go up and collect it until after, we'd agreed if he still had it after Christmas I'd come and get it, the ad was a straight sale for £650. After Christmas, before Andy posted the link, I went to message him but the ad was gone, I was disappointed as I assumed he'd sold it, then I found a new ad for £750. I then saw the fresh activity on this thread. After Stew kindly offered to hold off I messaged the seller to query the price change and was told it was £750 trade value but £650 cash, so I said cool I'll take it, I have since then been trying to arrange a time convenient to us both to collect, without any luck. After trying a few different weekends he tells me he can only do weekdays so I tell him I've got the week starting 6th January off work and he's still got it then, I'll come and get it. Then I realise I could go on new years eve so tell him I can be there at midday on Tuesday if that's any good, he read the message yesterday early afternoon but hasn't replied. I since then have clicked on Andys link and seen the messages on Facebook which didn't come up on the ad I viewed, he has told people trade only, no cash sales which appears to have miffed a couple of people as they want to buy it outright. I hate to jump to conclusions but I am starting to assume that he's keeping me at arms length until he gets a better offer, which is fine, if he doesn't want to sell for £650 then just say and we can stop this run around. 

I'll give him until this evening to get back to me, then over to Stew. 

Over to you stew 😆

More obstacles and absolutely no willingness on his part to help organise a suitable day or time. Funny thing intuition, I had a gut feeling right from the off he was another facebook waste of time. 

Another one will turn up. 🙂

• 1 year later...