Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

Howdy friends. I've decided I reached a point where I will focus on one or two basses I'm happy with and will get rid of the rest. These basses are all in the US, but I'm happy to ship to the UK. Prices are USD. The basses are posted inanumber of other forums.

1) [b]2000 Spector NS-4-CR-FM[/b]. this was my main bass until I hurt my shoulder. It was built in 2000. It had the fretboard slightly separated from the neck when I bought it. Had it fixed by Gary Fried from Fried Guitars in Brooklyn - perfect fix, unnoticeable. I love this bass, but it's now a bit too heavy for my shoulder, and I've replaced with the Hilton. I'm thinking [b]~$1200 + shipping or best offer[/b]. Comes with case.

2) [b]1994 MIJ '62 reissue Fender Jazz[/b]: bought it "reliced", had it refinished by Pat Wilkins. Now has Fralins, hipshot ultralites (still have the originals if you want that instead) and an Audere preamp; plays like butter. I have it as a general backup and when I want a more modern/active sound. I'm thinking [b]~$700 + shipping or best offer[/b].

3) [b]2000 Fender Jazz Bass American Deluxe[/b]. It has Fralin pickups and a Badass III bridge. It is wired as passive, but I have the original preamp and plate so that's available too, and an extra cream pickguard somewhere. This is fantastic sounding instrument and quite light (I used it to replace the Spector as my main bass). I am the second owner. [b]~$750 + shipping or best offer[/b] will take this baby home. Comes with case.

4) [b]Fretless Warwick Streamer $$[/b]. This is a great bass, super comfortable and robust. It has a very wide range of tonal possibilities on account of its active/passive mode and series/parallel pup switch. The neck is slim (no "baseball bat Warwick"), and it is not heavy, weighting at around 8.6lb. Action is super low, and the neck is quite fast and comfortable. It shows some minor wear, and the two cosmetic marks close to the bridge where the previous owner had installed a midi device. I just bought another fretless and I don't need two. [b]~$1200 + shipping or best offer[/b] will take this baby home. Comes with gig bag.

5) [b]1978 Rickenbacker 4001 Mapleglo[/b]. Bought it from a first owner who had sanded it down to get Macca's natural look. I had it refinished to Mapleglo by Pat Wilkins, who did a superb job, and then had it thoroughly cleaned up and set by Gary Fried. The bass is in pristine condition, and sounds amazing. Alas, it's too heavy for me to play now. I might decide to keep it if I don't get decent money for it, but I don't see myself playing it in the short term unfortunately. I'm going to say [b]~$3500 + shipping[/b]. I know there's a ton of discussion going on now on the price of Rics since they starting making them again, so I will discuss offers, but as I said, I might decide to keep it in the end. Comes with original hard case.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Still for sale or thinking about it, trades could be interesting. What you got?[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I’ve decided that my left handed Danelectro DC bass has to go. I’ve got too many basses and as much as I love this bass I’ve got others I love just as much.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Long scale, decent machine heads and bridge and a joy to play. Pretty good condition and a fantastic sound and so light you’d never know you’ve playing it for 2 or more hours. It’s got a few light scratches but not really noticeable as the photos show.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]These are getting a bit scarce now as they discontinued them a few years ago.[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]NOW SOLD![/color][/font]
[b] Attached Thumbnails[/b][list]
[*]
[*][url="http://basschat.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2012/post-18240-0-94121000-1353085140.jpg"][/url]
[*][url="http://basschat.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2012/post-18240-0-37690500-1353085180.jpg"][/url]
[*][url="http://basschat.co.uk/uploads/monthly_11_2012/post-18240-0-28873100-1353085266.jpg"][/url]
[/list]

Edited by bertbass

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1353801778' post='1878669']
+1 for Photobucket. Solved my upload issues at a stroke.

Hey Alan. How's things? Haven't seen you around these parts for a while. Then again, I don't visit too often myself these days.
[/quote]
All good Andy. Recently been trying to avoid this thread as always get tempted.

[quote name='detox' timestamp='1352457240' post='1863248']
Ok so here it is, sorry about the slight delay!

Lefty Fender American Std Precision Bass, rosewood board, great condition, never gigged, only one small ding on the front of the headstock (see photo below). Serial number is N8363069 - 1998 model.

Collection welcome (Nottingham / Derby area) or happy to drive (not too far!) and drop it off (happy to split the petrol costs). Don't really want to post as it comes with a Fender gig bag and not a hard case. £650.

Cheers!
Jim
[/quote]

Bumping this and lowering to £600!

I'm based in the midlands / collection is fine or I can drive within reason / no trades (unfortunately!)

Many thanks,
Jim

Got a nice warwick lefty for sale a warwick streamer jazzman ash colour new strings but needs a selecter switch cause i just broke it but they are cheap and easy to fit awsome sound as you would expect no pics yet but when i get a decent camera i will post the pics collection only from notts. £600 also got some cheap basses for sale lefties of course nice westone active old type i think they call them bass 1 its got a fitted case looking for £220. thanks for reading my ad.

[color=#FF0000]SOLD[/color]

Squier Vintage Modified Jazz bass. Surplus to requirements now. As new condition. No dents, scratches or buckle rash. Warwick red label strings have plenty of life in them. Bought March this year brand new. £140 Great spare bass. Hard case included. Expect about £20 for courier. Collection welcome.

Edited by Leftbass

[quote name='DSmolken' timestamp='1350503198' post='1839861']
If anybody wants a BIG lefty, I got a big lefty I could part with.

Hembry lefty doubleneck bass, [url="http://hembryguitars.com/FLMbldn.htm"]essentially a P bass copy with a spare P bass copy built in[/url]. Made in America but probably using some Korean parts.

Located in Poland, but I have family in Cambridge so the bass could be picked up from that area. Would sell this for 300 pounds or trade for a P-ish bass of some sort (either lefty or righty). Currently tuned EADG and CGDA lefty-strung-righty, but the existing nuts can be flipped for proper lefty stringing.
[/quote]
Now with bright and happy orange racing stripes bump!

[IMG]http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c285/dsmolken/step4b.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='mudmover' timestamp='1351636328' post='1853673']

[center][size=7]Fender Mexican Jazz Bass L/H[/size][/center]
[center][size=3]This is my first bass in apple red( burgundy), the body is in great condition but unfortunately the headstock has the common problem that most 90's mexican basses have, the nitrocelulouse has reacted with the wood. and the fender logo has pulled off...Will get some pics - probably making it sound worse than it really is...[/size][/center]
[center][size=3]The bass would probably benifit from a decent set up.[/size][/center]
[b][color=#19a4d9][size=5]Serial number MN5600174[/size][/color][/b]
[b][color=#19a4d9][size=5]Guitar Info[/size][/color][/b]
[size=1]Your guitar was made at the
Ensenada Plant (Fender), Mexico
in the Year(s): 1995 - 1996 [/size]

[size=1][size=5]Looking for £250...a similar one went for £330 on ebay recently but due to cellulose I think £250 is fair for a MIM.[/size][/size]

[size=1][size=5]Can meet on M4 Corridor if it helps....THe guitar is near Chepstow.[attachment=122636:IMAG0371.jpg][attachment=122637:IMAG0372.jpg][attachment=122638:IMAG0373.jpg][attachment=122639:IMAG0374.jpg][attachment=122640:IMAG0375.jpg][attachment=122641:IMAG0376.jpg][/size][/size]

[size=1][size=5]Cheers[/size][/size]
[size=1][size=5]Max 07967961547[/size][/size]
[/quote]

Right no offers, no interest....surley this has got to be worth £200...MIM Jazz ???
I'm not using it...someone will get a steal..

Looking for a small combo...Roland bass micro or somthing similars..

[quote name='belimad' timestamp='1353719514' post='1877908']
Howdy friends. I've decided I reached a point where I will focus on one or two basses I'm happy with and will get rid of the rest. These basses are all in the US, but I'm happy to ship to the UK. Prices are USD. The basses are posted inanumber of other forums.

1) [b]2000 Spector NS-4-CR-FM[/b]. this was my main bass until I hurt my shoulder. It was built in 2000. It had the fretboard slightly separated from the neck when I bought it. Had it fixed by Gary Fried from Fried Guitars in Brooklyn - perfect fix, unnoticeable. I love this bass, but it's now a bit too heavy for my shoulder, and I've replaced with the Hilton. I'm thinking [b]~$1200 + shipping or best offer[/b]. Comes with case.

2) [b]1994 MIJ '62 reissue Fender Jazz[/b]: bought it "reliced", had it refinished by Pat Wilkins. Now has Fralins, hipshot ultralites (still have the originals if you want that instead) and an Audere preamp; plays like butter. I have it as a general backup and when I want a more modern/active sound. I'm thinking [b]~$700 + shipping or best offer[/b].

3) [b]2000 Fender Jazz Bass American Deluxe[/b]. It has Fralin pickups and a Badass III bridge. It is wired as passive, but I have the original preamp and plate so that's available too, and an extra cream pickguard somewhere. This is fantastic sounding instrument and quite light (I used it to replace the Spector as my main bass). I am the second owner. [b]~$750 + shipping or best offer[/b] will take this baby home. Comes with case.

4) [b]Fretless Warwick Streamer $$[/b]. This is a great bass, super comfortable and robust. It has a very wide range of tonal possibilities on account of its active/passive mode and series/parallel pup switch. The neck is slim (no "baseball bat Warwick"), and it is not heavy, weighting at around 8.6lb. Action is super low, and the neck is quite fast and comfortable. It shows some minor wear, and the two cosmetic marks close to the bridge where the previous owner had installed a midi device. I just bought another fretless and I don't need two. [b]~$1200 + shipping or best offer[/b] will take this baby home. Comes with gig bag.

5) [b]1978 Rickenbacker 4001 Mapleglo[/b]. Bought it from a first owner who had sanded it down to get Macca's natural look. I had it refinished to Mapleglo by Pat Wilkins, who did a superb job, and then had it thoroughly cleaned up and set by Gary Fried. The bass is in pristine condition, and sounds amazing. Alas, it's too heavy for me to play now. I might decide to keep it if I don't get decent money for it, but I don't see myself playing it in the short term unfortunately. I'm going to say [b]~$3500 + shipping[/b]. I know there's a ton of discussion going on now on the price of Rics since they starting making them again, so I will discuss offers, but as I said, I might decide to keep it in the end. Comes with original hard case.

[/quote]

Fender Jazz Deluxe is now sold - all others still available.

[quote name='detox' timestamp='1353931410' post='1879788']
Bumping this and lowering to £600!

I'm based in the midlands / collection is fine or I can drive within reason / no trades (unfortunately!)

Many thanks,
Jim
[/quote]

Going to have to eBay this in a couple of days if no interest...

[quote name='Zulla' timestamp='1354785204' post='1890250']
Looking for a used Squier Vintage Modified, the maple neck if possible, any of you know anyone selling? (I want a Jazz style bass with that sweet black inlay maple neck!)
[/quote]
There is a lefty model of the one you're after right now on ebay uk.

• 2 weeks later...

For sale is my unbranded P bass copy. Nice colour and in great condition except for one deep ding on upper body Which can just be seen in one photo. Have added a decal for looks only. Would make a good spare or a decent cheap gigging bass. Includes gig bag. £90 plus shipping.

Edited by sblueplanet

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I am expecting the delivery of a new bass in the next couple of months soooooooooo............... this beaut may be for sale. Not bothered if it doesn't go so won't be taking silly offers. £1000

Mayones custom Jabba. There are only two of this spec in existence, one left handed and one right handed.

This is a very special bass. Absolutely mint.......... there is not one mark on it!

Here is some info about the right handed one made........

Mayones Jabba Custom, specially built for the NAMM-show in 2009. One of a kind!!
Passive, with Nordstrand pick-ups!! This is the überjazz!!!
Very nice birds-eye maple neck & fretboard!!

[IMG]http://i49.tinypic.com/2hi2pnt.jpg[/IMG]

This was sent to me by the Distributor of Mayones BENELUX. ( right handed owner )

"As for the Jabba you bought it is indeed a very beautiful bass. Also quite unique. This was originally built for the Fair (Namm-Frankfurt) with careful selection of woods and hardware. To my knowledge there is only one right-handed built with exact specifications. I once asked Mayones to built a left-handed version with these specs for a left-handed bass player who was really in love with the sound. So you really have a collectors item.Specs: Alder body (alder), Top = eye elm (with a wengé veneer between body & top), birdseye maple neck and fretboard (maple) Nordstrand NJ4 pickups, Badass Bass II bridge, Schaller tuners, passive electronics, 2x tone, 2x volume. When it first came in, I really hesitated to keep it myself. I even made pictures of it back then, I’ll send them to you. I'm glad you're very happy with it!!"

Send me your email address so I can send more detailed pics, it is the bass in my avater.

Edited by patch006