Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

Got an awesome Carvin LB75LF 5-String if you're interested (or anybody on here) before i put her on the Bay.
Beautiful fretless..neck through body,Ebony board etc. Bought a Sandberg custom thinline fretless5 so the Carvin needs a home.
Not even i can justify 2 fretless 5's. :) Looking around £280..Bargain!! :rolleyes:
[quote name='mxm' post='697480' date='Dec 31 2009, 07:14 PM']Anyone got a fretless 4 for sale ?

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=72022"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=72022[/url]

...2010 gas kicking in.[/quote]

[quote name='deezbar' post='698611' date='Jan 2 2010, 11:15 AM']Got an awesome Carvin LB75LF 5-String if you're interested (or anybody on here) before i put her on the Bay.
Beautiful fretless..neck through body,Ebony board etc. Bought a Sandberg custom thinline fretless5 so the Carvin needs a home.
Not even i can justify 2 fretless 5's. :) Looking around £280..Bargain!! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Personal recommendation - I've traded with Deezbar several times and rate him as a top man. Buy with confidence.

[quote name='deezbar' post='698611' date='Jan 2 2010, 11:15 AM']Got an awesome Carvin LB75LF 5-String if you're interested (or anybody on here) before i put her on the Bay.
Not even i can justify 2 fretless 5's. :) Looking around £280..Bargain!! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Thanks for the offer - it's a 4 i'm after (had a lovely MMSR5FL that I traded last year !) - cheers.

[quote name='leftybassman392' post='698855' date='Jan 2 2010, 05:14 PM']Personal recommendation - I've traded with Deezbar several times and rate him as a top man. Buy with confidence.[/quote]

+1

[quote name='mxm' post='698922' date='Jan 2 2010, 06:10 PM']Thanks for the offer - it's a 4 i'm after (had a lovely MMSR5FL that I traded last year !) - cheers.[/quote]

That bass was a beast.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='deezbar' post='716086' date='Jan 17 2010, 10:22 PM']Check it out Andy!! It's a great bass,amazing in fact.For the money i didn't expect anything as good as this.A keeper
P.s happy new year mateD[/quote]

Nice ! The Jaydee looks familiar too... :) How are you getting on with it?

p.s. HNY to you too.

Edited by leftybassman392

My 2008 Leftie Rickenbacker 4003 Jetglo has gone walkies while in the care of a courier company.

I would love to hear from anyone who has been offered an improbably cheap 2008 Leftie Ricky bass or has doubts about the parentage of one they have seen.

When lost, it had a Pickguardian black pickguard and various other 'upgrades'. The original bits were in the case, so it may have been put back to original, but I have the serial number and there are a few other things that will show me that its mine.

Went adrift in silver Rickenbacker hardcase with all the candy.

The guy who bought it from me is very keen to receive it, so any help from the leftie bass community would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

[quote name='tografox' post='725933' date='Jan 27 2010, 12:28 AM']My 2008 Leftie Rickenbacker 4003 Jetglo has gone walkies while in the care of a courier company.

I would love to hear from anyone who has been offered an improbably cheap 2008 Leftie Ricky bass or has doubts about the parentage of one they have seen.

When lost, it had a Pickguardian black pickguard and various other 'upgrades'. The original bits were in the case, so it may have been put back to original, but I have the serial number and there are a few other things that will show me that its mine.

Went adrift in silver Rickenbacker hardcase with all the candy.

The guy who bought it from me is very keen to receive it, so any help from the leftie bass community would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Bob[/quote]

Don't forget to do the obvious, such as keeping a beady eye on eBay and other gear sites - including BC of course - for a while (and not just in the UK). You got a picture so we know what to look for?

It's a pretty rare beast so will most likely be hard to sell on if it has been nicked.

Guys, I'm selling my Warwick Corvette Proline Lefty, 1995. Nice Left Handed Warwick, in excellent conditions, available in Paris, or shipping.

Price : 550euros + portage

I'm accepting trade against a headless or travel bass, LH if possible. If not, I'm just selling ! :-)

Cheers !

Edited by bajito

Lefty Spector EURO 5LX for sale

Some of you may remember this being for sale on here just a month ago. It's a gorgeous bass. I love it but after 18 years of playing 4 string I just can't get into 5 string so I decided to sell it again. I would love a 4 string version of the same as it's a dream to play.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll[/url]? ... 725wt_1110

[quote name='rubber_ritchie' post='736900' date='Feb 6 2010, 01:57 AM']Lefty Spector EURO 5LX for sale

Some of you may remember this being for sale on here just a month ago. It's a gorgeous bass. I love it but after 18 years of playing 4 string I just can't get into 5 string so I decided to sell it again. I would love a 4 string version of the same as it's a dream to play.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll[/url]? ... 725wt_1110[/quote]

link not working, here's one though: [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Left-Hand-Spector-Bass-5-string_W0QQitemZ330402267380QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item4ced8280f4"]linky[/url]

:)

• 2 weeks later...

[b]SOLD!!!![/b]

This bass was created to resemble an existing early 60's left handed Jazz that was for sale a few years ago in V&R Bath – and they wanted silly money. So I got to work putting together my own version using quality parts...

Generic body unknown origin, was already routed, drilled and painted sunburst.
Neck was bought specifically All Parts ‘62 profile (this alone cost around £250 I think – and is the best Jazz neck I’ve ever played).
Tuners are reverse long shaft vintage replicas (these weren't cheap !).
Bridge is quality 60’s replica
Pick-ups are Mexican Fender
Mint green scratchplate

All this was finished off in a more of a Dakota red than Fiesta red paint job, nitro’d with correct period decals. Neck reverse oversprayed to create ageing. Bass was going to be completely relic’d but here’s another thing I never got round to... Bass has been gigged and was briefly used with a Roland midi pick-up (2 screw holes by bridge).

Overall it’s not perfect and could really do with a decent set-up or maybe it could be used as a donor for other things. £270ono or could split bass from parts ??!!! Or I’m happy to use this (and a Line6 X3 Live) as a px for decent 5 string or fretless4 ??!!!.

More pics/info - just ask !

SOLD

Edited by mxm