Why become a member? ×

BIG LEFTY MARKET THREAD

josh3184

[quote name='leftyhook' timestamp='1347397966' post='1800385']
Where the hell can I find a used l/h Fender P bass ? Not arsed if it's this year or that year... just one that plays nice and sounds like it should
[/quote]
Theres a black squier p bass on ebay

Edited by rogerstodge

FOR SALE. 2002 Mex Fender Jazz. In totally mint condition. No buckle rash, dings or scratches. Comes with brand new Kinsman padded gig bag. [s]£349[/s] [b]NOW £299 plus £10 shipping[/b] PP gift or transfer please.

Includes set of strap locks.

Edited by phsycoandy

[quote name='rogerstodge' timestamp='1347554376' post='1802414']
im watching it.. Dya think its any good?
[/quote]

who knows! I think it's a known 'fact' that these basses were made in the Cort factory blah blah... Indonesia around that year etc etc good etc etc ....
but when i have asked other people about Squiers they just say you have to get lucky.

Decide if the price you pay is worth the risk. if no one bids, or very few, will you be able to shift it if you don't like it?
Left handed....................... you know the score. good luck

[quote name='leftyhook' timestamp='1347570322' post='1802693']

who knows! I think it's a known 'fact' that these basses were made in the Cort factory blah blah... Indonesia around that year etc etc good etc etc ....
but when i have asked other people about Squiers they just say you have to get lucky.

Decide if the price you pay is worth the risk. if no one bids, or very few, will you be able to shift it if you don't like it?
Left handed....................... you know the score. good luck
[/quote]cheers lefty, like you ive got precision gas, why do i want another??

[quote name='sblueplanet' timestamp='1348073003' post='1808923']
Anyone here selling a MIJ Precision in sunburst?
[/quote]

Yes!
I have a reservation on it currently and it's coming with me to the Lefty Bass Day in Duisburg, Germany this saturday so the guy who showed interest can see it in person and try it out. If that doesn't work out I can let you know.

It's a CIJ '57 RI in 2-tone sunburst with a full maple neck. Unfortunately I got it without a pickguard. I never bothered searching for a replacement pickguard because I had originally bought this bass for a building project with two Fender Wide Range humbuckers and intended to use the neck, but I never got round to it and now I can use the money. The guy I bought it from said the pickup is a Kent Armstrong (don't know what model), other than that nothing has been changed. The bass is in good condition, apart from a strange dent near the forearm carve on the front side of the body. I'd say it's about an inch long, narrow, and looks like something bumped into it. I tried to capture it in the last picture.

[url="http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/de_slager/Fender%20CIJ%2057%20Precision/"]http://s45.photobuck...57%20Precision/[/url]

[quote name='LeftyJ' timestamp='1348129989' post='1809593']

Yes!
I have a reservation on it currently and it's coming with me to the Lefty Bass Day in Duisburg, Germany this saturday so the guy who showed interest can see it in person and try it out. If that doesn't work out I can let you know.

It's a CIJ '57 RI in 2-tone sunburst with a full maple neck. Unfortunately I got it without a pickguard. I never bothered searching for a replacement pickguard because I had originally bought this bass for a building project with two Fender Wide Range humbuckers and intended to use the neck, but I never got round to it and now I can use the money. The guy I bought it from said the pickup is a Kent Armstrong (don't know what model), other than that nothing has been changed. The bass is in good condition, apart from a strange dent near the forearm carve on the front side of the body. I'd say it's about an inch long, narrow, and looks like something bumped into it. I tried to capture it in the last picture.

[url="http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f74/de_slager/Fender%20CIJ%2057%20Precision/"]http://s45.photobuck...57%20Precision/[/url]

[/quote]

An asking price would be handy :-)

I'm looking for 300 euros, that's approximately what I paid for it in this condition. That's about 220-225 Pounds at this moment. Shipping to the UK would be another 34 euros.

If I don't sell it this saturday, I will get back to you :)

[quote name='LeftyJ' timestamp='1348169318' post='1810420']
I'm looking for 300 euros, that's approximately what I paid for it in this condition. That's about 220-225 Pounds at this moment. Shipping to the UK would be another 34 euros.

If I don't sell it this saturday, I will get back to you :)
[/quote]

Please do.

[quote name='LeftyJ' timestamp='1348129989' post='1809593']

Yes!

It's a CIJ '57 RI in 2-tone sunburst with a full maple neck. Unfortunately I got it without a
pickguard. I never bothered searching for a replacement pickguard because I had originally bought this bass for a building project with two Fender Wide Range humbuckers and intended to use the neck, but I never got round to it and now I can use the money. The guy I bought it from said the pickup is a Kent Armstrong (don't know what model), other than that nothing has been changed. The bass is in good condition, apart from a strange dent near the forearm carve on the front side of the body. I'd say it's about an inch long, narrow, and looks like something bumped into it. I tried to capture it in the last picture.

Yes, I still have it, but sblueplanet has first dibs.
The guy that showed interest before liked it a lot when he played it Saturday, but he was immediately thinking of all sorts of upgrades to the electronics (he wanted to make it active) and different pickup configurations, and he felt that would be a waste of a fine bass. So now he's looking for a Squier P-bass Special or something of that kind that already has a bridge pickup :)

So yes, it's still available.
By the way, the guy who had a reservation on the bass prior had already done some shopping for a new pickguard on the bass. An eBay-seller is sending him a paper template of a 13-hole pickguard to see if it will fit and if the screw hole positions match. As soon as he receives the template, he's sending it on to me. It's these:
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190721757211&ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AGB%3A1123&fb_source=message"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190721757211&ssPageName=ADME%3AX%3ARTQ%3AGB%3A1123&fb_source=message[/url]

[b]Now reducing to £900 or nearest offer.[/b]

So here it is, After years of thinking I would never do this I’m selling it, Because it has to go.

I ordered it through Marten at the Bass Gallery in London, and took recommendations off him at the time for woods and finishes. It took 5 months to make In the Warwick custom factory in Germany and made me a very happy boy when it turned up

The Fret board is made of ebony, Instead of (I think it was) Wenge that was used as standard on warwicks back then, I preferred the more solid feel, and deeper sound. And thought of one day removing the frets, for which the ebony would be perfect.

At the time the standard hardware for the streamer Jazzman was Gold… and the cheeky “fellas” charged me extra to get all black instead

Round this period Warwick swapped their nut to some polymer fiber blablabla (Plastic) and I had to get the brass one with the independent screwpieces as an extra too.

Ovangkol neck, swamp Ash Back and flamed AA book matched maple top.

The Electronics were a bit of a hastle, something else they were changing at the time. But managed to get the circuit with the active/passive push/pull volume pot. And the treb mid bass work a treat compared to others I’ve tried.

The little three position switch by the knobs puts the Humbucker as Single coil,(using the coil closest to the bridge) in series or parallel . As a single coil works beautifully with the J pickup witch aint bad on it’s own either. And in series packs some serious punch and picks up mutes and pops amazingly well.
Has almost a piano like tone if you combine the humbucker with the J, So much clarity on the low end, 5[sup]th[/sup] string does not get lost or lose volume.

Honey Violin finish

It has been kept clean and had the strings removed only to show the detail. They are back on now

Bought to use as main bass, but ended up only gigging it a few times. Never toured it and has been my at home bass and a take to the studio bass since.

Right, enough talking, Have a look at it. If you like it let me know.

Tried to upload photos ended up using flicker.

I saw a similar one (minus the custom changes) that looked in worse conditiongo up for £900 so Thinking £[s]1000[/s] NOW 900 ono with a hard case.

[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/84827258@N07/"]http://www.flickr.co...s/84827258@N07/[/url]

Edited by subcurrent

Hi,my Roscoe SKB 6 string fretless is on ebay :(
If anyone on here would like to make me a offer or trade please Pm
Here are some Pic's
Its a top bass :D

[attachment=119410:016.JPG][attachment=119411:017.JPG]
[attachment=119412:018.JPG][attachment=119413:014.JPG]

Edited by wildus

[quote name='Ronnie' timestamp='1348662068' post='1816572']
Hi! new bass player here.
I see some of you have a Japan 57 pbas. I'm thinkin about getting one, but I would like to know what you guys think about the basswood + maple combination. Too bright sound?
Thank you!
[/quote]

When I get this one set up I'll let you know what I think. Prob be putting flatwounds on it for that Motown vibe ;-)