Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender reggie hamilton Jazz bass

budget bassist

For sale here is my fender Reggie hamilton Jazz. Right now it's just a feeler i guess because it depends on the sale of my tobias etc, basically i want a bongo.

Anyway, this bass is made in mexico with USA parts, so USA bridge, pickups, tuners etc, so it's a really nice bass, and very unusual in that it has a precision pickup and active EQ.
It's in fairly good condition due to the finish being pretty tough and it's not really been bashed about, though there is the odd mark here and there, and IMO, the 3TS finish is really pretty. It plays really well too, the neck finish is somewhere between satin and gloss and it's really really slim and plays incredibally. It also has an active/passive switch so that you can still get that natural woody sound coming through. It also has a badass II bridge retrofitted onto it, but i still have the original bridge + screws. It also comes stock with a hipshot detuner, which is really handy. Also included is a plastic thumbrest + screws and a cheapy fender gigbag, but i will package it well if i end up posting.

Specs are as follows:
Solid alder body
Maple neck
Rosewood board
3TS poly finish
American series precision pickup
American noiseless jazz bridge pickup
3 band 18V active EQ w/ active/passive switch
BadassII bridge (black)
chrome hardware
Fender stamped hipshot detuner
Tort pickguard (i may have a spare black one for it too)
Fender american vintage style bridge

THIS BASS IS NOW SOLD

pictures:

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='dr1' post='370801' date='Jan 5 2009, 12:19 PM']reggie hamilton made in mexico?
i dont get it - does all of those are produced in mexico or some?[/quote]
The Standard is Made in Mexico. The Custom Shop do a Custom Artist version which is much more expensive and MIA.

Edited by rayfw

[quote name='budget bassist' post='370467' date='Jan 4 2009, 10:50 PM']sell it to a BC'er? It's probably yours! You don't see many of them![/quote]

I traded it for a jaguar :) it also had a a black badass on it when i got it so it might be the same guy?

[quote name='BassManKev' post='379470' date='Jan 13 2009, 06:41 PM']which bongo you after?? A double humbucker stealth is the one id want ;)[/quote]
Bongo 4HH, i'll take whatever i can get! The one i have my eye on is teal pearl, not my first choice (that would be desert gold), but it's not about the looks that much :P

[quote name='budget bassist' post='379499' date='Jan 13 2009, 07:04 PM']Bongo 4HH, i'll take whatever i can get! The one i have my eye on is teal pearl, not my first choice (that would be desert gold), but it's not about the looks that much ;)[/quote]
haha if it was, then i think the bongo would have been discontinued a while ago :P

nah tbh i think the stealth one looks very cool

too right, only played one once in the local soundcontrol, HH model, blown away by it, even through a terrible ashdown amp! wasnt just the sound either, really comfortable to play and the neck was lightening ;)