Why become a member? ×

LAKLAND 5501 Sunburst/Maple - brand new

Groove65

Bought this LAKLAND 5501 bass to try out 5 string and havent got on with it.

ive played it about 1 hour since it arrived brand new from the states (i had it imported) so its still brand new. ive still got the boxes and packaging it came with.

its a lovely instrument and has a superb tone and it'll be a shame to see it go but im just not going to play it and it'll just sit there gathering dust.

its got 2 bartolini soapbars and this is the blurb from www.lakland.com :
[i]"Way off the deep end! Just like the 44-01, dual Bartolini MK-1 split-coil soapbars are coupled with the MK-1 preamp. The 44's and 55's have that deep Lakland cutaway on the high register side of the neck that allows easy access to ALL 22 frets up the neck for throwing licks on top of your grooves.

And we have said it before: 35-inch scale necks make for killer low B's! That is why the low tones on Skyline 5-string basses boom with piano-like clarity!"[/i]

The Bass Gallery lists them as £759 but i'll let this go for £575 to anyone who can come and collect it from Windsor in Berks. I may be able to meet up to 50 miles from Windsor for £15 which is the fuel cost.

so, hope it goes to a new home ! im not really looking for trades but may swap for a headed status graphite 4 string or fender precision 4 stringer or w.h.y.

any questions feel free to mail me and i can send you my number so we can chat

cheers all !

Edited by Groove65

Yep, sad i know but there is a reason to this. the other bass is my Fender MIA Deluxe that was my 40th birthday pressie from the missus... :huh:

not being able to play anything other than that one is cheaper than a divorce :) - another good reason for me to part with this one :huh:

its a brilliant bass mind you and i know i should spend more time on it - just cant ! :huh:

someone will get something they will enjoy playing :huh:

[quote name='rohan' post='42678' date='Aug 7 2007, 10:42 PM']Suprised this hasn't gone already at that price!![/quote]

Well me too to be honest but i guess its a bad time out there to sell.

will also trade for a kwalidee 4 string - Pender precision, Musicman etc

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='Rumple' post='62893' date='Sep 19 2007, 11:20 PM']If i knew this was going to come up for a trade we might have had a deal with my Jazz Deluxe! how's that working out for you?

R.

PS. great guy to deal with if anyones thinking of buying/trading.[/quote]

Hiya mate !! yes the JD is working great thanks - love the tone and its my main gigging bass now.

I reckon i might keep the lakky till xmas and then put it on the 'bay to sell as nothing seems to be shifting on here right now. the lakky is just sat in its hardcase now and wont get used to be honest. its a lovely bass but 5 string isnt my thing

[quote name='BB2000' post='64275' date='Sep 23 2007, 08:48 AM']I had the same S.M.Choi sticker inside a G&L tribute I used to have. Not a lot of people know that..[/quote]
I believe Laklands, G&L and some others are made in the Cort factory. Proves the point about G&L and Lakland anyway.

[quote name='dr.funk' post='64321' date='Sep 23 2007, 12:09 PM']Bassbunny - I happen to have that same double bass wielding frog in my garden..[/quote]
Cool, We're putting a band together.
Got Bass, Guitar, Trumpet, Sax and a 3 Frog audience. Struggling with a Drummer and Keys................
Sad isn't it .... :)

[quote name='BassBunny' post='65080' date='Sep 24 2007, 11:22 PM']Cool, We're putting a band together.
Got Bass, Guitar, Trumpet, Sax and a 3 Frog audience. Struggling with a Drummer and Keys................
Sad isn't it .... :)[/quote]

Where did you guys get the frogs ? i want one !!

bass still for sale by the way... or a trade for a lightweight (gotta be sub-8lb) 4 string bass as ive just had a shoulder op and cant take the weight of this anymore...

[quote name='Groove65' post='67177' date='Sep 28 2007, 11:11 PM']Where did you guys get the frogs ? i want one !!

bass still for sale by the way... or a trade for a lightweight (gotta be sub-8lb) 4 string bass as ive just had a shoulder op and cant take the weight of this anymore...[/quote]
Frogs came from Homebase. If you go hunting, (probably a good time as they are clearing the garder centres), and find a drummer or keyboard player let me know :)