Why become a member? ×

1998 American Standard Jazz V with Sims Leds

sixshooter

Try as I might, I do not get on with Jazz Basses! I guess I always will be a P Bass man.

So clearing out some of my Basses that I do not use is part of my New Years Resolution.

LPB Jazz V with Sims leds, Buckle Rash at the back, and a couple of small dents, other than that very clean.

[attachment=17982:98_Jazz_Front.jpg]

[attachment=17983:98_Jazz_Back.jpg]

[attachment=17984:98_Jazz_Back_Body.jpg]

[attachment=17985:98_Jazz_Body.jpg]

This last picture is not me but the person I bought it off some time ago just so that you can see how bright the LED's are for stage work.

[attachment=17986:fyp0045.jpg]

Edited by sixshooter

[quote name='cgordonfreeman' post='368802' date='Jan 2 2009, 08:10 PM']Would you be interested in doing a swap for my 5-string Valenti #11? You can get full specs off the Valenti website and i can give you pics if you like. It's basically a P bass with Nordstrand dual coil pickups and coil taps for each pickup with an aguilar OBP-1 in it.[/quote]

Thanks for the offer, but I am not looking for swaps as I am slimming down my collection.

I have got to the stage that I have the Bass's that I need and will never sell and so a number of my collection are just not going to see daylight unless they go to a good home.

[quote name='JohnnyLightyear' post='368808' date='Jan 2 2009, 08:17 PM']Hi- how much are you looking for? Is that the original neck?[/quote]

Yes the neck is original, and I am fairly sure everything elseis. It comes with a hard case and I am looking for £850, the Led's were installed by the best Sims.

Edited by sixshooter

[quote name='Delberthot' post='371373' date='Jan 5 2009, 08:46 PM']didn't Mark King have something like this done by Fender for his own artist model?

can vagueley remember that it was blue with SIMS LEDs[/quote]

My LED's are more green than blue, however it is marked in the neck joint "SIMS" so at least I know that it was them that fitted the LED's

• 3 weeks later...

Over 750 views and not a single person interested in this?

I would have thought that this is a pretty good price for a US 5 Jazz that has a £250 SIM's upgrade on it?

Final price drop to £725, if no takers then I will put it under the bed for 10yrs and see what it is worth then!

• 1 month later...

I have dropped the price to rock bottom! there are a number of 4 string Jazzes going for £650 without the LEDs so if this floats your boat then fill your boots while you can.

I will close the sale after 48hrs and keep it if it does not sell.

:)

[quote name='Delberthot' post='371373' date='Jan 5 2009, 08:46 PM']didn't Mark King have something like this done by Fender for his own artist model?

can vagueley remember that it was blue with SIMS LEDs[/quote]

MB1. :)
Indeed!... he did.......think he also had a jacket with tassles on it too! :rolleyes:
BUMP!

[quote name='Status09' post='424259' date='Mar 3 2009, 04:06 PM']Hi Guys.

Great bass you have for sale there, good luck. Im sure it will go fast at that price!
I actually own the #2 MK signature Fender jazz. Its a really nice bass and plays really well. Nice punchy tone, although some people have given them bad reviews, I dont see what's wrong with them! (and to go off on a tangent, any one know how to make the rosewood fretboard look replenished? Mine seems to have dried out in places from wear over 10 years).

All the best

[/quote]

Little bit of lemon Oil on a cloth and wipe the board.

A small bottle will last your lifetime!

[quote name='mathewsanchez' post='425446' date='Mar 4 2009, 07:22 PM']Shame your gonna pull the sale. I would love to give this a shot if I had the cash but a bass i've had up for a while doesn't seem to be selling. If I do manage to sell it i'll give you a call.[/quote]

I felt that I had to do something as it has been sitting here for some time and I have dropped the price by large amounts several times, so I thought that it would be best to either sell it at a stupid price or pull it from sale and sit on it for a year or two.

As you can see from below I am a P bass man through and through and Jazzes do not do it for me, simple as that.

If you are interested in future drop me a line, I may still have it.