Why become a member? ×

20th Anniversary Warwick Corvette

Waldo

Here's my lovely 2002LTD Warwick Corvette:

Special one this, this is the bass Warwick made to celebrate their 20th anniversary. Number 158 out of 200.

Specs:

- Ovkangol neck, rosewood fretboard with real abalone inlays
- French walnut body with swirly bubinga top (which according to Warwick, they'd been saving for 10 years!)
- MEC MM/J pickups with MEC preamp. The preamp is very versatile, it has active bass/mid/treble plus a pickup blend and coil tap for the MM pickup. Also has a passive switch.
- Signed by Hans-Peter Wilfer on the back of the headstock

Comes with original hardcase, Warwick user kit containing truss rod, beexwax, original tags and certificate of authenticity also signed by Hans-Peter Wilfer.

£875 shipped. More pics to come :)

Cheers,

Chris.

Edited by Waldo

Just when I think I've gone and decided what I'm getting next. :)

Shame you didn't get on with this Chris. This bass passed through my hands (briefly) and I have to say it is VERY nice.

You might want to give GremlinAndy a quick PM as I seem to recall he had a soft spot for this when he was collecting a bass from me earlier this year and he gave this one a blast.

Hmmmm, I'm tempted! I have a marcus jazz that I don't really play much anymore after getting my sadowsky. What kind of tones does the corvette give off? I have a dolphin as well so I'm thinking they might overlap too much?
How much extra cash would you be looking for in the part exchange? Bearing in mind my marcus has been retro fitted with the john east preamp...
cheers!
craig

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='361999' date='Dec 23 2008, 02:12 PM']Just when I think I've gone and decided what I'm getting next. :huh:

Shame you didn't get on with this Chris. This bass passed through my hands (briefly) and I have to say it is VERY nice.

You might want to give GremlinAndy a quick PM as I seem to recall he had a soft spot for this when he was collecting a bass from me earlier this year and he gave this one a blast.[/quote]

I love it, but you know how GAS works!

stonecold - Give me a day or two to think :)

Edited by Waldo

[quote name='stonecoldbass' post='362006' date='Dec 23 2008, 02:18 PM']Hmmmm, I'm tempted! I have a marcus jazz that I don't really play much anymore after getting my sadowsky. What kind of tones does the corvette give off? I have a dolphin as well so I'm thinking they might overlap too much?
How much extra cash would you be looking for in the part exchange? Bearing in mind my marcus has been retro fitted with the john east preamp...
cheers!
craig[/quote]

I hope Chris doesn't mind me chipping in but I can give some insight into the tone in comparison to a Dolphin. I've A/B compared the Corvette with a 91 NT Dolphin and though I'm loathed to describe tone etc. (it is so subjective) I can categorically say that this sounds nothing like a Dolphin, so you'd have no 'overlap' as you call it. :) Why am I convincing someone else to buy this? :huh:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='362014' date='Dec 23 2008, 02:28 PM']I hope Chris doesn't mind me chipping in but I can give some insight into the tone in comparison to a Dolphin. I've A/B compared the Corvette with a 91 NT Dolphin and though I'm loathed to describe tone etc. (it is so subjective) I can categorically say that this sounds nothing like a Dolphin, so you'd have no 'overlap' as you call it. :) Why am I convincing someone else to buy this? :huh:[/quote]

I have no idea what a Dolphin sounds like, so cheers for that! :huh:

Well, I have to say that I tried this bass, and it was absolutely TREMENDOUS!!! The sound was second to none. I tried it alongside the Dolphin, and the sounds are definitely different. About as different as two Warwick basses could be actually. The Dolphin was in my mind a little reminiscent of a "P" in as much as it has that distinctive sound you *feel* rather than hear.
...But this bass was harder to liken to the sound of any other bass, it was more like an angry Rotwieler that had been pumped up on steroids, then poked continuously for an hour with sticks. It growled like no bass I've ever heard before. And I own a few basses all of which are supposed to be growly (and indeed they are) but they are nothing compared to this bass.

...And to that end I ask you Waldo, what sort of cash price are you looking at? (If you can be tempted to sell outright)

I don't care for the shape of the Corvette, but the sound of this one, alone makes using it worthwhile. Plus, as they go, this is such a great example. The photo is good but the wood is so striking in the flesh (as it were). I dunno if I should be helping to sell this bass, since I may be interested myself in the New Year (once I get paid again) ....so I'm gonna be quiet now.

• 4 months later...

Realise that this was AAAGES ago but is this thread still relevant?

I like the look of this...

Is there any chance of this changing from a feeler to a for sale? Got a Lakland JO4 if you're interested in trade / part-trade.

PM me if you're interested... and even if you're not, PM with a price that you'd hypothetically sell for so I know what I'm looking at in the future.

Cheers,
Si

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...