Hellzero

!!! SOLD !!! ARIES Senes VS 6 Custom Signature, hyper rare, unique model !
£2245
Etalle, Belgium

ARIES Senes VS 6 Custom Signature, hyper rare, unique model !

Asking price : £2245 GBP !!!

In fully working condition and real good condition. This bass has never been modified, except for the changed strap pins.

Here are the specifications :

Body : 7 pieces with, in order of appearance, red alder top, wenge veneer, maple veneer, mahogany core, maple veneer, wenge veneer, red alder back

Neck : 5 pieces neckthrough flamed maple, wenge, maple, wenge, flamed maple

Fingerboard : Macassar ebony

Frets : 24

Headstock : 3 + 3

Tuners : Hipshot Ultralite

Pickups : Aries Custom Neodymium humbuckers

Preamp : Aries Custom Solfegio 3 bands 18 Volts

Controls : volume (active / passive), blend, bass, mids and treble, 1 switch per pickup for series / single / parallel modes

Bridge : Hipshot Type A

Strings spacing at bridge : 18 mm

Nut : brass

Truss rod : dual action

Strings spacing at nut : 9 mm

Knobs : Aries Custom wood following the same pattern as the body

Scale : 35"

Hardware colour : gold

Finish : gloss

Land of craftsmanship : Croatia

Serial number : 010109

Year : January 2009

Weight : 5.4 kilos

Action : from 1,5 mm under the C string to 2 mm under the B string at 12th position

Will come with a generic semi-rigid case.

Non-smoking environment, as usual.

The Šabić brothers, at the origin of the brand, are, for one, classical luthier and, for the other, electronics engineer. They manufacture instruments of excellent craftsmanship and with handpicked electronic components. Unfortunately, they stopped the production of their always unique and hand-made instruments to work for a brand-name Custom Shop three years ago ... This is, therefore, a unique instrument made to measure for an Italian bassist and I am the third owner. It is an ultra-versatile and super rare bass.

The new price in 2009 was around 4.500 Euros…

The bass has been fully set up professionally. It has two new batteries and has been fitted with a brand new set of LaBella Super Steps SS45CB strings (29 - 45 - 65 - 85 - 105 - 128).

Link to all the high resolution photos and the below sound clip : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eich-IrjiKGxx3wAHupJPHlKSj_bNxjh

Link to a video made by my friend Vincent : 

Here, a sound clip recorded with this very bass, except for the fretless intro and outro, by the same Vincent : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jezFSCAl3S_3Yl_dNcurxnARbRvVeAZ5/view

What you see is what you get !

Look at the pictures taken under different lights to see the real condition : some few marks, especially close to the bottom strap pin and the usual light scratches, but nothing serious at all.

Don't hesitate to ask for more.

658079041_AriesSenesVS6CustomSignature(10)_DxO.thumb.jpg.5aa72bcfb89e0c47187549834d70d8f3.jpg

1856125139_AriesSenesVS6CustomSignature(11)_DxO.thumb.jpg.8013d846c0f638e8bfdc413befb4cb75.jpg

1977231204_AriesSenesVS6CustomSignature(12)_DxO.thumb.jpg.e1991464780cc8275e25f6522dcca290.jpg

499976416_AriesSenesVS6CustomSignature(13)_DxO.thumb.jpg.c9ccceb655022d5c9356c734de477836.jpg

1336702638_AriesSenesVS6CustomSignature(16)_DxO.thumb.jpg.776c788a7223198a00ae3ff9f1ba2f26.jpg

635071550_AriesSenesVS6CustomSignature(19)_DxO.thumb.jpg.77bcf798ce1060cc2f1b39892c1f5cd6.jpg

911630231_AriesSenesVS6CustomSignature(20)_DxO.thumb.jpg.e39956a01ed970c7e9a93b7a167a991b.jpg

1948722838_AriesSenesVS6CustomSignature(24)_DxO.thumb.jpg.6988c6c0df33f651e99d2254a9ac1991.jpg

586287413_AriesSenesVS6CustomSignature(22)_DxO.thumb.jpg.24d56a2e9e3281d5f48ac83a89c7224f.jpg

966330230_AriesSenesVS6CustomSignature(21)_DxO.thumb.jpg.125a7205f9b93c22c043ac695b52d55a.jpg

Edited by Hellzero
  • Like 9

My old bass...

A lovely thing indeed! Maybe another trade is in  order... 🤔

• Like 1

Yes, Russ, this is the one that started all our countless deals...

But before being yours, it was belonging to @gioby1 the original owner. ;)

Indeed, and I traded my 9 string ACG for it!

(Which went from me to @gioby1 to @bipbip62 and then back to me again!) 

Entropy is a strict mistress! 😄

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, HazBeen said:

Glorious bass!

It's actually an awful bass... only worth £50, but as I'm just so very generous I'll offer £60! 😉

(It is a superb instrument, I've had 3 Aries 6 string basses and this was my favourite.)

• Haha 1

And I had the same 3 Aries 6 strings basses. Funny, no ? :crazy:

On 09/08/2019 at 18:41, Hellzero said:

Yes, Russ, this is the one that started all our countless deals...

But before being yours, it was belonging to @gioby1 the original owner. ;)

Hellzero now I'm on vacancy...but it's time this bass come home 😉
I have a friend who lives in Bruxelles, is it much distant from you? 

Hi Giovanni.

Let's talk in PM. I'm on the opposite side, near Luxembourg, but driving to Brussels would would be like looping the loop as I met Russ there to get this Aries. ;)

• Like 1

If @gioby1 gets this bass back, perhaps I'll trade him my 9 string ACG for it again in a year or two! And then a year after that I'll meet Tony in Brussels again to trade it back to him! 

The cycle continues!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, binky_bass said:

If @gioby1 gets this bass back, perhaps I'll trade him my 9 string ACG for it again in a year or two! And then a year after that I'll meet Tony in Brussels again to trade it back to him! 

The cycle continues!

ahahahahah...some of my students still ask the reason why I left 9 string ACG go away 

Edited by gioby1

Shall we all just agree to trade these basses back and forth every year? 😁

• Haha 2