FLea's Fluffer

SOLD Barefaced Bass Dubster V1
£750
Ross-on-Wye

I've owned this rare beast from new, back when you had to wait 3 months for them to be made. Freakish light, huge bottom end and stupidly loud, being capable of delivering the same output as two 8x10's cabs. It needs a decent amp to drive it but nothing crazy. When I used a Darkglass 900w in rehersals I had to switch it into lower power mode if I want to be able to up the gain much.

It hasn't been regularly gigged and is in great condition. The sound quality is fantastic, they are pretty special guys at barefaced. The tightness in the low end is remarkable. You will see from the link below you cannot buy these anymore and they don't do anything with 15-inch speakers these days just 10's and 12's.

The only signs of ageing are cosmetic and I have tried to capture them in the pictures. The plastic brackets of the handles have faded or been marked, the corner guards have some wear and what the pictures cant pick up is that If you stand in front of it and peer directly down the face of the grill, and the light is just right, you might notice a slight variance in darkness on freshly painted parts that had some light scratching from bloody cymbal stands being lent against it. Drummers! I touched these up with the official barefaced bass touch up kit. There is plenty left and I will include this. The badge looks worn but it's actually that the plastic protector is on still.

I'm open to realistic offers but not trades as I'm not in a band anymore.

Pick up is preferred. I'm not against meeting halfway by car or posting but it is very expensive. UK postage (48 hr, Royal mail, tracked and signed for) is £87 fully insured, £57 without insurance.

Cash or Bank transfer preferred. Paypal only if you pick up the fees. 

https://barefacedbass.com/product-range/dubster.htm

IMG_0640.thumb.JPG.33fc1efaa1caa865e3a10b7718023334.JPGIMG_0643.thumb.JPG.f9d88da224609e064738b9dbb84e142b.JPGIMG_0637.thumb.JPG.bd2a88aa6e0fca31c3dfd6a66849f77e.JPGIMG_0644.thumb.JPG.f05f5cc9805069e30da3fc5f3266785c.JPG

IMG_0639.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, FLea's Fluffer said:

The badge looks worn but it's actually that the plastic protector is on still.

Noooo!

Give you address. I need to come around and remove the film top satisfy my obsession with peeling protective film.

Every time I pick mine up (or someone in the band shares) it is a joy to move.  Easy single handed lift into the car.  Used it (again) on Friday at an outdoor gig, endless volume, dial up a good tone, then make it louder, or very loud, or stupid loud.  BF Dubster just delivers.  Does not seem to lack highs to me.  You want the earth to move, this is the correct apparatus.  No connection with seller just a satisfied Dubster user (and I do not need two).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 3below said:

Every time I pick mine up (or someone in the band shares) it is a joy to move.  Easy single handed lift into the car.  Used it (again) on Friday at an outdoor gig, endless volume, dial up a good tone, then make it louder, or very loud, or stupid loud.  BF Dubster just delivers.  Does not seem to lack highs to me.  You want the earth to move, this is the correct apparatus.  No connection with seller just a satisfied Dubster user (and I do not need two).

Same here had mine from new and its still my 'go to' cab. GLWTS

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 3below said:

Nice to hear from fellow dubster owners. 🙂 I almost cant believe I’m selling mine. 

I’ve never found it lacking in highs either, which intrigued me.  I even plugged a guitar into it and while that didn’t sound amazing it didn’t sound odd. I wish I had played a recorded song through it before I sold my amp to hear what it sounded like as a PA speaker. Not that it would of had any practical use for me 

Bargain, if I had the need and my matamp or head of doom ran at 2ohms I'd be highly tempted to have it to make a pair. GLWTS.

• Like 1

Awesome ~ I should be able to get £600 today and maybe pop round tonight. If not I can come on Thursday...

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By CalDeep
      Reluctantly, my Moog Bass MuRF is up for sale. It's in great condition and has been barely used outside of a couple of studio days. 
      If you are looking you probably know what this is. Its just brilliant but sadly a recent car accident means I need the cash. 
      UK tracked and insured postage included in the price. 

• By alembic1989
      Fo sale is an extremely rare Greco GOB 1200 bass. It has undergone a very extensive sympathetic restoration. It came to me with all brassware extremely corroded and pitted, masses of buckle rash, lots of crater like dings to the lacquer, broken control knobs, terrible corrosion, shot bridge posts, poor frets, poor control cavity, and gummed up / corroded tuners. The tuners were stripped, cleaned up and lubricated,complete refret, new brass nut, the body has had most of the dings filled, and most of the buckle rash, control cavity has been relined with copper, new knobs, new brass bridge posts, all bridge assembly/ ferrules cleaned and coated and lacquered and coated in tough brass paint.
       I thought that the hardware was solid brass..but it isn't.. its brass plate..thus hardware cannot be sourced so it was painted and lacqured..it looks really nice now. All pots are original.. one if them is still  crackly..and the passive tone doesn't work...a minor job.
      The bass looks really nice but used...NOT PRISTINE.
      A rare opportunity to buy this wonderful bass.
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/L8XidwW6TePqZPQo9
      Pics of whole bass
      https://photos.app.goo.gl/oxmjGYmXoSaHuvqY6

looking for sale to fund a new motorbike.
      Close offers invited.
    • By Bass-Face
      MAS -2x6 cabs  in 8ohms x 2 (Can deliver our meet anywhere between Cornwall and Bristol)
      If you know anything about boutique cabs you’ll know Mike Arnopol! 
      Incase you don't  Zak Rizer says "Check out Mike Arnopol Soundworks, you work regret it! Mike is making some of the best bass cabs out there ..." you can see Zak musing one of Mikes cabs in his vids 
      http://zacharyrizer.com/new-blog 
      They are also discussed a lot on the Talk Bass USA forum so worth a read. 
      Exceptional cabs hand built by Mike Arnopol in USA bought or £1300.
      I spent months researching this rig and the cabs are everything I was told on Talk Bass. 
      They are simply the most transparent cabs available and exceptional sound.
      I am sure many on here will know alot more about how they work but they have backward firing tweeters I believe that help create the amazing sound these cabs deliver.
      Invested a lot in my rig which while was amazing I am now managing bands and doing a lot bigger venues and  I just can't transport or manage along with a large PA set up as well so switching to a simple combo set up as was using Grace Felix, M700 and also have a. pre with mic on my bass (all sold) 
      Open to sensible offers to purchase some amazing cabs you won't find in the UK. 
      OPEN TO TRADES orTrade with Cash 
      MARK BASS 210 CAB to match new combo
      NICE BASSES 5 or 4 string
      Novation Bass Station 
      Slight wear, some scratches and rubbers have come off but can be attached easily. 

• By Raspatue
      4800 GBP
      I am selling this beautiful Carl Thompson bass as it is not getting the playing time it needs or deserves.
      Its build by Carl himself in the early 90s. it has an EMG pickup and active electronics. the neck is 36"
      It has a rare wooden bridge and a rare "hook" shaped upper horn.
      The neck is Padauk with Ebony frettboard. i think the top is charry and the wings are mahogany. i am not sure what the center block is.
      If you have any questions, feel free to ask here or send me a private message.
      Trade with other basses and guitars are possible.
      The bass is located in Denmark.

• By SurroundedByManatees
      Music Man Stingray 30th Anniversary 
      Up for sale is a great Stingray. It's a 30th anniversary model from 2006. Apparently these are scarce, as only 783 were produced. 

The body is made of mahogany, which is unusual for a Music Man. The neck is made of a high grade figured maple. Stunning! The body and neck are completely finished in a transparent crimson red. 
      Picture time:

Its a great, open sounding Ray. I've had a few and played a bunch, and this is definitely one of the best sounding I've encountered. It even sounds great with dead strings! 
      The Ray is in good shape. It has its user marks, but nothing serious. It's mostly surface scratching and a dent at the bottom. 
      The original tolex hardcase is included. 
      The bass is now fitted with fresh DR fat beams. 
      I've had this listed earlier, but withdrawn it due to doubts as it is a great bass. I haven't played it since withdrawing it, so I made up my mind and decided to let it go for real now. I still have a Sabre for the MM sound, so I'm happy . 
      Asking €1.550 (which is around £1395 nowadays) 
      The bass is located in the Netherlands, but could be shipped fully insured within europe/UK. 
      Reasonable cash offers and (partial) trades are welcome; fretless blade jazz, bunch of effects pedals per example. I am not looking for 1-1 trades.