Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro 4. *SOLD* Pending payment

warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='359696' date='Dec 20 2008, 04:32 PM']Let's hope you don't leave it too long! :huh:[/quote]
AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='359703' date='Dec 20 2008, 04:39 PM']If the prices go the way I think they will people will look back and say 'I really should have grabbed that one'.[/quote]
I've done that more than once with these already, it's the price rises that have already happened that have put me off the ones that are now called cheap!! :)

[quote name='cetera' post='360368' date='Dec 21 2008, 06:00 PM']Oh, John.... andI had such high hopes for you!! lol! :huh:

Glad you liked it though. Someone here is on for a HUGE bargain! They just have to grab it while they can....![/quote]

There's only the US version left to try now! :)

[quote name='JohnnyLightyear' post='361302' date='Dec 22 2008, 07:04 PM'][url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=24492"]Roll up roll up![/url] :huh:[/quote]

Unfortunately your bass has a string too many for me... and before you say anything, I'm not just leaving the B string off. :)

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='361469' date='Dec 22 2008, 09:56 PM']I was in the BassMerchant today (and yesterday. Tomorrow too?) And these have gone up to 1k there, no case. I bought some matching straplocks and a case 4 mine. I'm glad I only visit occasionally or I'd be broke![/quote]

Scarily the Thomann site has them up for £1600 + delivery!

I can't afford to have this sitting around gathering dust (and me killing the fresh strings :) ) so let's see if another £10 off the price gets a bite. :huh:

Now [size=4][b]£630[/b][/size] inc the case and delivery... cheaper if you collect and will take a Bass Centre gigbag!

<edit due to an unusual bout of common sense>

In a moment of sober lucidity I suddenly realised that aside from the price getting silly, the shipping cost could be more than I anticipated due to insurance AND I'd have to buy another case to ship the bass in as the one that I have is spoken for as my Thumb bass is likely now going to the States!

Hence the bass is withdrawn for the time being.

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='Sean' post='363506' date='Dec 26 2008, 08:32 AM']This is now a better deal than I got. You'd be mad not to - assuming you have the cash and want one. :)[/quote]

Cheers Sean. I've reached the bottom of my limit now so I may well either put this on eBay or limit it to a local sale then I can afford to knock off the cost of the case and delivery!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='363724' date='Dec 26 2008, 03:19 PM']Cheers Sean. I've reached the bottom of my limit now so I may well either put this on eBay or limit it to a local sale then I can afford to knock off the cost of the case and delivery![/quote]

Hi There
Post a photo or two may be interested

Best Regards

John

[quote name='jkedinburgh' post='363734' date='Dec 26 2008, 03:31 PM']Hi There
Post a photo or two may be interested

Best Regards

John[/quote]

Hey John, let me know what you'd like a pic of and I'll do it now. Effectively though if you go on the Spector or Thomann site etc. it is the same bass as if you were buying new... down to a new set of strings. I've attached the pic I used earlier but I should add that the pic was taken with the flash so the colour in natural light is a smidgen darker / less orange.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='363250' date='Dec 25 2008, 10:26 AM']<edit due to an unusual bout of common sense>

In a moment of sober lucidity I suddenly realised that aside from the price getting silly, the shipping cost could be more than I anticipated due to insurance AND I'd have to buy another case to ship the bass in as the one that I have is spoken for as my Thumb bass is likely now going to the States!

Hence the bass is withdrawn for the time being.[/quote]

[quote name='Josh' post='363756' date='Dec 26 2008, 04:16 PM']Withdrawn?? :huh:

What are you up to John?[/quote]

See above. :)

[quote name='LukeFRC' post='363978' date='Dec 26 2008, 11:38 PM']ach give it a chance and 6 months, if the retail price has gone up then you should be able to sell it for more than that, or you may fall in love with it![/quote]

Funny thing is that as soon as I withdrew it I had contact from 3 people wanting it... oddly enough none have come to fruition! :huh:

I agree though Luke, if I leave this a few months and Spector get a new distributor, prices are going to be up (potentially by as much as 25%-30% by my sources calculation) and I think I'd sell it fairly easily; especially with Christmas out of the way. :)

[quote name='noisedude' post='364025' date='Dec 27 2008, 01:33 AM']Does anyone in the West Yorks area have one of these? I really like the look and sound of these but being a small hands kinda guy (no rude jokes please), I'd like to find out just how chunky these necks are before I take a punt. :S[/quote]

I reckon most of your fear stems from the fact that I said earlier that the bass had a chunky neck profile... bear in mind I am talking in comparison to a couple of basses that are as skinny as a skinny thing :huh: and by chunkier I am talking the odd mm here or there. You are right however there is no substitution for trying one in the flesh but I do have to say that I'm only 5'8" so I 'certainly' don't have large hands. In fact it's interesting that of all the people who have bought Spectors recently I appear to be the 'only' one to have mentioned the neck profile; all of the others (some of whom must have smallish hands) are more than happy with the neck dimensions.

<edit>

Try Before You Buy - West Yorkshire... no distance from Newcastle. However I'm sure Peter (Greeneking) and/or Al (Niceguyhomer) are closer... Al's is a 5 though!

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='364047' date='Dec 27 2008, 08:48 AM']In fact it's interesting that of all the people who have bought Spectors recently I appear to be the 'only' one to have mentioned the neck profile; all of the others (some of whom must have smallish hands) are more than happy with the neck dimensions.[/quote]
Exactly the same profile as my KSD Jazz, but mm's deeper above the 12th fret. Well it seemed that way the one time I went up there.