Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro 4. *SOLD* Pending payment

warwickhunt

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='355479' date='Dec 15 2008, 11:15 PM']John

You never know.

It could be the new Dubya?[/quote]

I hate to ask but...?

[quote name='OldGit' post='355485' date='Dec 15 2008, 11:22 PM']Smokin' your supper again?[/quote]

Kippers :)

[quote name='Aharon' post='355487' date='Dec 15 2008, 11:22 PM']if it seriously turns out you dont like it, then let me know :huh:[/quote]

Stranger things have happened.

[quote name='Born 2B Mild' post='355489' date='Dec 15 2008, 11:24 PM']May I suggest you put on 'Topic Description' a warning that at this moment in time, it hasn't arrived?

Some of us with excitable dispositions, require our expectations ...a little 'managed'.

:wacko:[/quote]
... but that's the fun of Basschat. :huh:

[quote name='XB26354' post='355491' date='Dec 15 2008, 11:24 PM']Would you trade it for a bass I haven't got?[/quote]

Only if you haven't got it on credit. :huh:

[quote name='Josh' post='355495' date='Dec 15 2008, 11:27 PM']Would you give it a chance?

Don't be scared John, they don't have to fully replace your Warwicks...yet.[/quote]

Hmmm, you sure. :huh:

see if you had bought that blue one that seans hopefully getting instead you could have posted this 6 months ago driven up to edinburgh to collect it and then added it to a large collection of spectors.... it would have been like my warwick... but backwards!!!! argh parallel dimension bass chat. Good to see your add though spectorhunt

[quote name='Marcus' post='355584' date='Dec 16 2008, 07:30 AM']Hi John,

I think you know they sound better than Warwicks !!![/quote]

We shall see... we shall see! :)

I'm going to try and restring it with DR Sunbeams to match my Stage I and do a bit of comparison recording. Then again how do you decide if it is the bass (ie body wood, neck and fingerboard) or the electrics (MEC + MEC 'v' EMG + Tonepump). I am looking forward to this. :huh:

You bunch of heartless vultures! :)

:huh:

Well I have it...

It is an absolute given that on any given thread on a bass forum if anyone has to describe the neck of a Warwick that the term 'clubby' will be used by the vast majority of contributors... Yes?

Well how come this Spector neck is BIG compared to all of my Warwicks?

I'm not slating it but it was the very first thing that sprang to mind when I picked it up (the first thing that sprang to mind when I opened the case was Phwarrgh). Nor do I necessarily think it is a bad thing... just unexpected! Quite a Precision(ish) D shape in profile, I've got a mate who I've been meaning to get a micrometer off so it'll be interesting to make a comparison.

I've yet to play it plugged in but acoustically it is very different (mellower) to my Stage I which I'll be making direct comparisons with. This could be down to string choice so I'll reserve judgement till I've strung it with the same strings as the SSI (DR Sunbeams).

Watch this space. :huh:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='356283' date='Dec 16 2008, 07:05 PM']The impostor and the originator...

<edit>

I've yet to bling the Spector out with the new gold knobs that I have. :)[/quote]

Aww Imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery :huh: