Why become a member? ×

ACG Harlot Singlecut 5 string NO LONGER FOR SALE

bobpalt

[size=3][b]ACG Harlot Singlecut 5 string and Hiscox hardcase[/b][/size]

Alan has kindly mentioned this bass in his section, but I thought it would be useful to display the details here as well.

I bought her from Alan a couple of months ago, brand new, with the intention of learning 5 string. It didnt take me long though to realise that I really am not a 5 string player, and thought it would be better to let someone else get the enjoyment of this wonderful, craftsman made work of art, and I would order another 4 string from ACG to add to the 2 others I have or have on order.

£950 for a quick sale.

The details from Alan's website are:

0025 Harlot S Type

Flame Sycamore with a Wenge top.
7 piece Flame Sycamore/wenge neck with a birdseye maple bound Mac Ebony finger board.
ACG EQ01 pre-amp with ACG FB pickups ceramic magnet in the bridge Alnico magnet in the neck. Satin chrome Hipshot Type A bridge and matching Ultralites. Chrome knobs and Schaller Straplocks.
Finish lacquer.

[attachment=17286:Harlot2.jpg][attachment=17287:Harlot4.jpg][attachment=17288:Harlot1.jpg][attachmen
t=17291:Harlot5.jpg][attachment=17290:Harlot7.jpg]

Edited by bobpalt

A Harlot S, the most beautiful ACG imo. Also the undoubtably most sumptuous Singlecut.

Very nice and a real opportunity to own one of the best basses on the planet for a fraction of their true worth, again imo :)

My Harlot S type 4 string is very nearly finished!! Not that I'm a fan or anything.

Peter

Awwwwmygiddyaunt........impossible buses from Paradise: wait a lifetime outside the Lidl of Eternal Hope, and then 2 of 'em come along at the same time.
I was as happy as a pig in its own ignorance till I joined this forum......ah the pain of full mental operancy...

NURSE...!

Wow Bob, thats very nice!
Could i ask a couple of questions?
What does it weigh ? I know Wenge has a rep for being heavy.
Scale? i assume 34"
Does it have the asymetric neck profile?
String spacing at nut?
What do those big humbuckers sound like?

Sorry that's a lot of qs. but it may be worth you putting some up in the ad too.

All the best
Jules

Hi Jules.

It is quite heavy, I cant deny. Its only the top facing thats wenge though, so its not too bad. I dont actually have any suitable scales, but I would guess at 9 1/2-10lb?

Its a 34" scale, and it does have the asymetric neck profile Alan puts on most of his basses. I understand he built it for himself, before deciding to sell it, which is why it has the neck binding and the large humbuckers, which together with the preamp give it a very full sound. I know it might sound odd, but I have hardly played it, as I just had a feeling that 5 strings werent right for me and I had made a mistake buying it.

The string spacing at the nut is 1cm.

Cheers,
Bob

• 5 weeks later...