Why become a member? ×

Bugger

phil_the_bassist

Either -- keep it in the car boot, then play it when she goes out. I spoke to a guitar dealer recently who has a client with three or four acoustics hidden like that.

Or -- tell her it belongs to a friend, who lent it to you. It will soon become a fixture and she won't ask again :)

Anyway, hope you enjoy it.

Cheers

Mark

[quote name='Jarhead' post='354402' date='Dec 14 2008, 05:45 PM']Don't worry, just send it over here, I'll hold on to it till the dust clears for you :)
Zach[/quote]

Well i am heading down the dreaded A34 over crimbo so as a special favour i could swing by and hold it for a month or two just to help out :huh:

If it's any help been there done that, just recently as it happens :huh:

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='354353' date='Dec 14 2008, 04:53 PM']They don't usually notice a new bass appearing. Should be no problem :huh:[/quote]
Oh how I fell foul of that with MrsW when I was trying out the SUB5 prior to buying it from Nik.

"They're both natural" I thought. "She doesn't come to gigs that often. She'll never notice" :huh:

So she walked through the front door and the first thing she said was "That's not your Wal" :)

Are the MM's the same colour? At least they're the same make.

And finally - You lucky bu99er!!

" A mate of mine bought it on eBay late one night when he was drunk. He doesn't want his wife to find out, as she's not as understanding as you dear, so I'm just looking after it 'til the new year when people will have some more money and he can sell it again, probably for a bit more than he paid. Pretty isn't it?"

Edited by OldGit

And here's me thinking about pulling the trigger on the Hartke LH500, which can be cunningly stored in the function band's lock up for Nic to never know...

Good luck! I got away with it earlier this year when buying a 4x8 Trace cab, so you never know your luck...

Ahh, She now knows, and laughed her perfectly formed arse off whilst reading this thread! She's a legend, and has my eternal love and gratitude for not killing me :)

Katie is awesome, and part of the agreement was that I tell you guys just how awesome she is!
Please can everyone give a big basschat cheer to Katie, the most awesome and understanding girl any GASsy bassist could ever hope for!

Thanks
Phil

Just like to add my gf to the 'Partners cool with GAS attacks' list. Admittedly, we are only 14 and 15, me the younger of us, but its been about 20 months now, and she has supported me with everything since started, loaning me cash if I'm a few quid short of something. She's fantastic and I love her as much as a 14 year old can love anyone.
Zach

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='361438' date='Dec 22 2008, 09:36 PM']I think Katie should attend a bass bash![/quote]

she will, in her new [quote name='warwickhunt' post='358519' date='Dec 19 2008, 07:50 AM']thigh length high heeled boots with [s]a strap-on[/s] straps on[/quote] but you guys have got to remember to talk to *me* too! lol!

Wonderful girl that Katie...

Happily I have an understanding wife also. In fact the point at which I though we have to get married (we lived together for a couple of years first, so the novelty had had a chance to wear off) was when she explained its was just fine buying all the "classic" original vinyl LP's I wanted, whatever they cost, because "they will only cost you more when you want them later on"...

How cool is that??

Edited by Chop

Create a masterplan to raise the money to replace it. List things such as selling on ebay, using quidco, doing online surveys, getting an extra job, doing housework, massaging her feet and giving plentiful backrubs and buying chocolate.

You don't have to do it all... but by the time you get to the backrubs and chocolate she'll have forgotten what a bass actually is.