Why become a member? ×

Is This Musicman Genuine?

Linus27

[quote name='neepheid' post='350769' date='Dec 10 2008, 02:32 PM']I've reported it to eBay. I'm going to be mean spirited and assume that the seller knows damn well what he/she is doing.[/quote]

They won't do anything; they did nothing about a blatant Fender fraud that several of us reported a few months back. The best we can hope for is to tip the 'winner' off as soon as the auction finishes, before he parts with cash.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='351086' date='Dec 10 2008, 06:24 PM']id say he doesnt know its fake, i just get that impression, has anyone emailed him telling him why its fake??[/quote]

Yes, I have. Hopefully he'll take it down and catch up with however might have sold it to him.

:) have a read of this reply:

[i]Thanks for the info but I am sorry to say you are wrong. This was custom made to my liking in the 70s with the custom body type and I was not to sure of the specifications but I added in my own of what I saw on the other site. If you think the specs are wrong please let me know and I will be happy to change it.

[/i]

deary, deary me, reported

[quote name='BassManKev' post='351123' date='Dec 10 2008, 07:04 PM']:) have a read of this reply:

[i]Thanks for the info but I am sorry to say you are wrong. This was custom made to my liking in the 70s with the custom body type and I was not to sure of the specifications but I added in my own of what I saw on the other site. If you think the specs are wrong please let me know and I will be happy to change it.

[/i]

deary, deary me, reported[/quote]

I just got a response to my question.

"Hi there

Can I have some close up pictures of the headstock and pick ups? also the neck plate?

Cheers"

"The neck plate has been replaced because it was damaged.. Sorry."

[quote]"Thanks for the info but I am sorry to say you are wrong. This was custom made to my liking in the 70s with the custom body type and I was not to sure of the specifications but I added in my own of what I saw on the other site. If you think the specs are wrong please let me know and I will be happy to change it."

You are absolute scum mate. This is a blatant fake, i know it and you know it, it's not even a good fake! I'm going to make sure that this doesn't sell :)
Pull the plug now and be the bigger man, because right now you're just being an absolute tosser.

In fact you know what, i'll tell you why i KNOW this is a fake.
Musicman have NEVER made custom orders for the public.
The bridge is wrong
The headstock logo is not consistent with the truss rod
the pickup is TOTALLY wrong
the strap buttons are wrong
And i haven't even seen the back of it yet.
Battery cover? probably not
6 bolt neck? unlikely

Have a nice day[/quote]

Normally i'd think before sending a message like that, but the fact that he's trying to pull the 'i had it custom made' card just gives his game away completely. What a dick.

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='waynepunkdude' post='351188' date='Dec 10 2008, 08:24 PM']I agree, he is saying to me he got it from Sound Control.[/quote]
:) :huh: in the 70's to, man i miss the 70's when soundcontrol did custom musicman orders

[quote]okay yes. im sorry.
But to be honest the fact was I bought it with not pictures and thought that maybe i should just resale it to make my money back. I know it was just as wrong but im sorry.
I will stop it now. Thanks for helping me to relise it was wrong.
Cheers - and never to be done again![/quote]
Huh, it seems being frank with him may have worked. I'll just wait and see if the seller de-lists it before replying.

EDIT: he's taken it down

Edited by budget bassist

[quote name='budget bassist' post='351203' date='Dec 10 2008, 08:45 PM']Huh, it seems being frank with him may have worked. I'll just wait and see if the seller de-lists it before replying.

EDIT: he's taken it down[/quote]

'The seller ended this listing early to sell to the high bidder(s) at current bid price.'

Good news in the end. Has anyone emailed the winner to say its not a real Musicman??

Oh, and I got an answer to my question for picture of the back, neck plate and rear of the head stock. His reply was,

[i]The neck plate has been replaced and the notivation sticker on the back has come off because its quite old.[/i]

Another fraudster busted. Good work everyone.