Hey guys,
I posted on here a while go but since then my guestlist has grown quite a bit I thought I'd start a new thread in case some of you might like to know about a Podcast/YouTube channel I publish called Bass Lessons Melbourne - Player Profiles.

I interview local and touring bassists and publish the discussion as a youtube video and an audio only podcast episode. You can find the videos here:

And the podcast here:
Apple Podcasts

Spotify

Podomatic

Stitcher

In the meantime check out this episode with the legendary Leland Sklar :)

Edited by stonecoldbass
  • Like 7

Great interview, Lee is one of my heroes and I grew up listening to his playing although was not aware of it at the time. A lovely guy and some great anecdotes too.

Believe it or not( small world detail), a guy I know in the next village to me in remote Somerset is one of the Tour Managers for Phil C, although he's not doing this Australian Tour.

• Like 2

With a nod to the McCartney thread. . . . check out 14:30. . . . . "I found the Beatles, and boom, everything changed overnight!"

Lee Sklar is one of the more inspirational bassists out there. I first noticed him with James Taylor and I wore my Mud Slide Slim album out trying to get those bass runs into my head.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much for posting that.  There is a man who knows exactly what a bass guitar is for and how it fits into an ensemble and gives to the song.  Love his sense of humour but am I glad I didn't have to lip read!

Edited by LeftyP
  • Haha 1

I am a long-time subscriber to your channel and loved your interview with Tom Kennedy. It was one of the most inspirational interviews I have watched in a long time.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2019 at 19:37, JohnR said:

I am a long-time subscriber to your channel and loved your interview with Tom Kennedy. It was one of the most inspirational interviews I have watched in a long time.

Hi John

That’s so great to hear! I’m really glad you’re enjoying the interviews, Tom was especially awesome to hang out with and absolutely blew me away with his humble musicality. I’ll keep trying to put decent content out there, feel free to help spread the word!

craig 

Great stuff, thanks. . I've just subscribedto your podcast channel for consumption at work. 

• Like 1

What a fabulous interview with the consummate professional bass player. Love his style in both music and life. Thankyou so much.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hubrad said:

Great stuff, thanks. . I've just subscribedto your podcast channel for consumption at work. 

Awesome, hope you enjoy the back catalogue!

10 hours ago, Japhet said:

What a fabulous interview with the consummate professional bass player. Love his style in both music and life. Thankyou so much.

Thanks! Lee made my job a lot easier by being such a friendly guy :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.