Why become a member? ×

SOLD - MM Stingray

Aharon

The new (and hopefully happy) owner of this bass is fellow BC'er John (aka. jd2112). Congrats John and thanks to all who were interested.

Now for me to find a new bass, anyone got any Spector Euro's kicking around? :)

Aharon

Edited by Aharon

Hi Aharon - I hope you don't mind me editing your photograph, but I had one of these myself and know how beautiful a bass it is. Deserves to be presented as well as it can be :)

Edit - on second thoughts, I'll wait until you let me know it's cool to post this image for you.

Just PM me and let me know.

Edited by Lysdexia

[quote name='budget bassist' post='349203' date='Dec 8 2008, 11:14 PM']Very nice, but has it been fitted with an aftermarket preamp?[/quote]
[quote name='KERMITNT' post='349203' date='Dec 8 2008, 11:14 PM']active passive switch ??[/quote]

[quote name='Aharon' post='349203' date='Dec 8 2008, 11:14 PM']It is the 3-band EQ model and it also features an active/passive pull switch on the volume knob[/quote]

sounds like its just been modded for the pull switch on the volume knob, original preamp

[quote name='Sean.Robinson' post='349260' date='Dec 9 2008, 12:34 AM']Absolutely stunning bass, as Aharon has said i am far from a musicman fanatic, but this one i really liked, best musicman i have played and sounded great, however i just needed the cash. Further more a great guy and a pleasure to meet.[/quote]

ah ha! ladies and gents the previous owner. how is university going sean? and how is that shuker you were planning on getting when i saw you? hope your mte got on alright with that SR5.

Aharon

[quote name='BassManKev' post='349255' date='Dec 9 2008, 12:30 AM']sounds like its just been modded for the pull switch on the volume knob, original preamp[/quote]

Indeed you are correct, all the electronics are original. MM pickup, MM preamp etc. I was going to throw an EMG in there at one point but thats another story.... :)

[quote name='Aharon' post='349274' date='Dec 9 2008, 12:59 AM']ah ha! ladies and gents the previous owner. how is university going sean? and how is that shuker you were planning on getting when i saw you? hope your mte got on alright with that SR5.

Aharon[/quote]

Hi, unis great cheers and the shukers coming on nicely, got a shape now and finalized all the woods, along with one or two other things. He was going to get back to me with the top sanded down and the shape drawn on, but as i mentioned the one thing hes terrible is deadlines and that was a month ago. As for my mate as far as i know the hes loving the SR5, i asked him about it a few weeks back and i know he was getting on great with it, plus hes not the sort of person to buy something unless hes 100% happy with it. You being keeping well yourself?

[quote name='Lysdexia' post='349313' date='Dec 9 2008, 02:59 AM']

Hi Aharon - this is an edit of your first photograph with the Stingray on the bed.

Cheers.[/quote]

WoW. Looks almost as good as it does in real life :huh:

Thanks for that Andrew, One thing im definately going to miss is the way she looks. I'll be lucky to find a body shape / neck / colour combo i like as much as this.

Surely somebody out there wants a slice of this? :)

[quote name='steve' post='349086' date='Dec 8 2008, 09:27 PM']lovely bass[/quote]

MB1. :)
Nice Bass!.... Cambridgeshire!
Unfortunately living in Mancunia this does not apply Bump!

Edited by MB1

[quote name='vegas_hooker' post='349958' date='Dec 9 2008, 05:19 PM']I think im starting to get an itch for an MM after years of being a little indifferent to them.

Ill be in touch if I can work out the funds. Thats exactly the colours I was looking for.[/quote]

It's exactly the colours I was looking for too, I'll be sad to see it go. Please do get in touch!
Aharon.

is it still for sale? how about cash £500 and ill pick it up from you? if interested send email to [email protected] as long as it looks like the pics and in the condition stated. These are hard times, and maybe a year ago i could have done the full £650! If the offer is too low for you, its cool, but its all i would be willing to pay.

Regards, Rich.