Why become a member? ×

Anyone use an iPad stand at gigs?

Moos3h

Can anyone recommend me a good one that will take an iPad in a case? I'm using a Tiger one now but it doesn't fit when the iPad is in a case and this seems a massive oversight given the likelihood of drunken numpties knocking it over.

Any recommendations greatfully received!

Yep!! Our singer has the Hercules one for her iPad. It’s great (I actually got it for her from here). It’s pretty robust and does the job well (adjustmentable and tilts) She had a generic one that would fit any tablet but it fell apart after a few gigs. 

I bought a Hercules one for my tablet after my generic one fell apart after about using just a handful of times.  I like the idea that you can change bits around so that it easily clamps to the side of an extended mic stand or to the top of a retracted one, depending upon whether you sing or not.  Or, in my case, have a mic but can't sing. 

Buy a really old iPad for twenty odd quid and only use is it for gigging, that way if it gets damaged or nicked it ain’t the end of the world.  I use a generic holder with an old iPad, combined cost about 30 quid. Happy days