Why become a member? ×

F a n n y (the band)

Jimbobble

10 hours ago, ubit said:

Reminds me of when Celtic signed a player from Brazil called Rafael Scheidt. The commentators bottled it and called him Rafael. It still gave opposition fans loads of fun! 

...and for me it was Sue Lawley on Nationwide interviewing one Dr Clitterhouse. I whizzed myself rotten over that one.

• Haha 1

Guess who got in touch with their A&R asking when they were playing in the U.K? & asked about if they knew whether craddock meant craddock in the U.K? As it transpires they're named after a family member called craddock. I, in my relaxed (slightly relaxed / had a couple of beers after work) state confused their admin with the one for this and was mightily confused & somewhat defensive by the reaction I got from them. So I got my heckles up trying to defend my idiosyncratic views & was wondering why they didn't appreciate my humour because we were talking about completely different threads!

A huge cringe later! 2 confusing emails back and forth about pink torpedo rock being a firmly macho endeavour, musicians (especially bass players) being in touch with their feminine sides & a general misunderstanding of U.S / U.K humour & I highly doubt that they're playing in Newcastle upon Tyne anytime soon.........so you can thank me for that. I will accept a 1976 CSL mahogany body maple nack J bass (the one that some scumbag nicked from my van - if anybody has one for sale please get in touch) as way of recompense from yourselves as compensation for my emotional distress.

Hopefully they will come play the U.K & I can see this fantastic band play live!

500889649_CSLjazz1976.thumb.JPG.cf2f1a98f2b540907b338546f496f3f8.JPG

This jazz bass if anyone's interested, was the one stolen from me & I'd like it back. I'd buy it back straightaway. The nicest maple nack I've ever played. You can tell it's mine (but not from this photo) because I had to replace the bridge pickup with a mexi jazz one I had so the poles don't fit in the dimarzio cover and aren't aligned. There's also a split on the back where the bottom wing is coming away. But what a bass! Weighed a ton, sounded like thunder & has so little re sale value the police said it's going to end up in someone's nephews' room being unappreciated. I want this bass back so much!

On 21/02/2019 at 20:10, Jimbobble said:

500889649_CSLjazz1976.thumb.JPG.cf2f1a98f2b540907b338546f496f3f8.JPG

This jazz bass if anyone's interested, was the one stolen from me & I'd like it back. I'd buy it back straightaway. The nicest maple nack I've ever played. You can tell it's mine (but not from this photo) because I had to replace the bridge pickup with a mexi jazz one I had so the poles don't fit in the dimarzio cover and aren't aligned. There's also a split on the back where the bottom wing is coming away. But what a bass! Weighed a ton, sounded like thunder & has so little re sale value the police said it's going to end up in someone's nephews' room being unappreciated. I want this bass back so much!

Did you reshape the headstock?