Why become a member? ×

Dearmond Starfire - SOLD

tayste_2000

I bought this about 2 weeks ago to improve my Dearmond starfire since this one has a big crack in the neck.

So basically not to pussy foot about it's issues are.

Crack in the neck between fretboard and neck, neck is stable and is perfectly playable
Bridge is a bit tarnished on 2 of the saddles
2 dents in the body near the bridge
Screw holes near the pickups where the darkstars were removed and the original dearmond pickups were put back in
Bridge pickup is missing some of the gold foil on it, doesn't affect the sound at all it's just a cosmetic issue.

Now the good stuff
It has the master volume control ala Guild Starfire
It plays and sounds superb
It has schaller tuners

Here are the old pics from when I bought it, it has incurred no extra damage and has been setup recently when I had all the work done on my other starfire

Now bare in mind both me and the guy that use to own this have been quoted about £200 to fix the neck, now most starfires in good condition go for about £350-£400 and really if you have a bit of guitar building experience you can fix this for like £10 so you can grab a bargain, it's also a good starter bass for someone looking for a decent hollowbody, or just a great beater bass.

Basically I'm after offers, I know how much I could part it out for and since it still sounds and plays beautifully I'm not giving it away. But I don't want much for it so hit me up with offers and trades and such.

I will ship it, it won't come with a case but it will be well packed. I'd rather someone collected it so that they can see what they are getting before hand and get to really appreciate how great it still sounds and plays.

Cheers

Edited by tayste_2000

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='345519' date='Dec 4 2008, 03:08 PM']I won't be parting it out if I don't get offered what I have in my mind as a fair price then I'll keep it[/quote]

If you have a price in mind, why not share it with us?

[quote name='neepheid' post='345522' date='Dec 4 2008, 03:15 PM']If you have a price in mind, why not share it with us?[/quote]

What and have Kev and the other price nazi's jump down my throat saying they saw one in a gutter recently with a £20 price tag on it.

I think not :)

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='345538' date='Dec 4 2008, 03:28 PM']What and have Kev and the other price nazi's jump down my throat saying they saw one in a gutter recently with a £20 price tag on it.

I think not :)[/quote]

LOL. Yeah and when it comes to sell their stuff they go "absolutely no offers", "can you commit to buy although I havent made up my mind about selling"...

I asked the original owner about this and offered a low price and lost it to you. However, I wanted it for the Darkstars it had in it.

BUMP though.

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='345538' date='Dec 4 2008, 03:28 PM']What and have Kev and the other price nazi's jump down my throat saying they saw one in a gutter recently with a £20 price tag on it.

I think not :)[/quote]
please tell me when i last critisized anyone about having a high price, im most intrigued

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='351496' date='Dec 11 2008, 09:45 AM']Bump - Ideally looking for £150 or something of equal value in a trade.

Currently interested in

Digitech EX-7
Digitech Whammy - Any model
Old low wattage tube amps.

Cheers[/quote]

How about a P.X. on either ( or both ) of my valve amps ?

Will.

[quote name='2x18' post='351508' date='Dec 11 2008, 09:53 AM']How about a P.X. on either ( or both ) of my valve amps ?

Will.[/quote]

OOOOO prolly/yes completely just have to decide which I want if not both.

Are you willing to add cash if I took the carlsbro? or I'd give £30 for the Impact depending on which I picked and maybe I could get away with giving you £100 if I wanted both?

:)

Are you willing to add cash if I took the carlsbro? or I'd give £30 for the Impact depending on which I picked and maybe I could get away with giving you £100 if I wanted both?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes I am sure we can work something out! Why not come and View/try them and see what you think.

Will.

Edited by 2x18

[quote name='2x18' post='351597' date='Dec 11 2008, 11:07 AM']Are you willing to add cash if I took the carlsbro? or I'd give £30 for the Impact depending on which I picked and maybe I could get away with giving you £100 if I wanted both?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes I am sure we can work something out! Why not come and View/try them and see what you think.

Will.[/quote]

Tha's what I intended on doing but would like to have the cash in my pocket in case I decide to walk away with everything :)