Why become a member? ×

Keeley Compressor Pro. Photos show difference values on the pots!

fretmeister

I've been thinking of one of these - but looking at the Keeley website and Andertons I have noticed something odd.

The Keeley site shows different knobs and also states the Release time can be as long as 3s, whereas the close up picture on Andertons' shows 1.5ms

There are other value differences shown too.

Any ideas which one is correct, or whether there have been 2 versions?

Might be best to contact Keeley direct. I know Juan form Pedal and Effects did some play through stuff with Robert Keeley gear and Robert is sitting with him. He might say something on that video - there is the pro and the bass versions so maybe the info has gotten mixed up? 

Edited by krispn

I do indeed have the Pro. The correct pic is on the Keeley website, Andertons is showing a pre-production pic .... typical.

Great DBX 160a based compressor that does both soft and hard knee, fully automatic (works well) and manual. Basically it is both the GC2 and Bassist in one.

I really rate it. Different to the Cali, which is Urei 1176 based, but very responsive/ clear.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

I love compressors. Wish I could afford to keep all the ones I've owned!

Ah we all have our bass fetishes, right? 😄 

You should ask @Bo0tsy about his filter collection some time. It's one of the finest on planet Earth! No seriously, it is! 😎 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HazBeen said:

I do indeed have the Pro. The correct pic is on the Keeley website, Andertons is showing a pre-production pic .... typical.

Great DBX 160a based compressor that does both soft and hard knee, fully automatic (works well) and manual. Basically it is both the GC2 and Bassist in one.

I really rate it. Different to the Cali, which is Urei 1176 based, but very responsive/ clear.

Yeah a very well respected comp and on the Pro I think Keeley was aiming to have the controls set so everything sound good at noon so on a gig If it got knocked or kicked you could just set it at noon and not have a terrible sound. Clever man that Keeley fellow!

On 03/01/2019 at 11:02, fretmeister said:

I quite fancy a change from my Cali.

Just for GAS reasons!

I'm guessing the Keeley will be quite a different beast to the Cali, so you could be in for a (pleasant!) surprise. Be interested to get your thoughts on what you're hearing differently between the two - given that these both sit at the "top end" of pedal board comps. 

Ive just purchased a Cali 76...& its a Highly Interactive preamp & compressor both!! For years i had the MXR M87 on my board which was v good....but this cali is like night & day....Fat' Warm & Punchy beyond belief.... a beautifully engineered pedal...thats for sure.

• Like 1